Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Throw in 3 or 4 of the homegrown Hogs from the 2010/2011 teams - where would we be today?

Started by JenksHawg, October 26, 2014, 04:19:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JenksHawg

I know this is hypothetical, but if Bielema had either of the homegrown qb's from the 2010/2011 seasons (Mallett or Wilson) on this year's team, and let's say even just 2 or 3 of the great (again homegrown) receiving corps from those years (Adams, Wright, Hamilton (Texarkana, close enough), or Childs) - where would we be right now in the 2014 season?  I say at least 7-1 with a Top 5 ranking, with a good chance of being undefeated and a #1 ranking right now - with BB leading the coach of the year race.

Not meant to be a Petrino vs. Bielema contest, but if the tables were turned and we had just a few of those guys (not to mention Hocker - another Arkansas native we were fortunate enough to have on those teams) - how much different would most people's perspective of Bielema be today.  And, judging by his success in keeping in state talent, I don't think it's a stretch to think he would have been able to land most of those guys. 

Add those skill players and special teams players to our current Defense, O-line, & the Williams/Collins/Henry trio - and we'd be one hell of a football team. 

spiritof92

I didn't take this as a Bielema vs. Petrino thread.  More of an Allen vs. Mallett/Wilson thread.

HF#1

I'd take Joe Adams and Jarius Wright.  They would be difference makers.  And I mean, 2 or more win difference makers.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

chuggs33

incHOGnito

LJHOG

trashcan maN

Quote from: incHOGnito on October 26, 2014, 05:10:41 pm
I just need one: Zach Hocker. We have him and we beat Bama and aTm.
Yep. Give me Hocker and Mallett(with this OL), and we'd be 6-2 and probably #10 or #11 in the country.

As grim as it all seems, we're near the end of this awful streak and only a couple of players away from being a top 15 team.