Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mississippi St. opens as a 14 point favorite

Started by Music City Hog, October 26, 2014, 03:52:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Life

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 26, 2014, 09:17:06 pm
I'm thinking the office has nothing to do with this game.

The office would prefer MSU to lose. It makes it more interesting with all the one loss teams.

Dropkick

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 26, 2014, 09:17:06 pm
I'm thinking the office has nothing to do with this game. 
Just saying if it's close we will get screwed if necessary.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 26, 2014, 04:14:17 pm

Kentucky is a 7 pt dog to Mizzou.  Shows you what Vegas thinks of Kentucky

Bet the mortgage pick of the year??   Texas Tech opens as a 24.5 favorite over Texas.  Yes,   Texas Tech that just gave up 82 points this weekend.   Take the Horns with all the scratch you can muster up.

Where you seeing that line?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

arlhog

Quote from: HF#1 on October 26, 2014, 03:53:16 pm
That will continue to grow...  I think it'll be 17 by game time.
Just showed the line is 11.   You might be surprised.   i think MSU will be at least a 2 loss team.   Not saying we beat them   but i do believe will should play them pretty close.   After that they still have Miss and Bama.    They are by no means out of the woods yet.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 26, 2014, 04:14:17 pm

Kentucky is a 7 pt dog to Mizzou.  Shows you what Vegas thinks of Kentucky

Bet the mortgage pick of the year??   Texas Tech opens as a 24.5 favorite over Texas.  Yes,   Texas Tech that just gave up 82 points this weekend.   Take the Horns with all the scratch you can muster up.

There's no way thats the line
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HF#1

Quote from: arlhog on October 26, 2014, 09:51:10 pm
Just showed the line is 11.   You might be surprised.   i think MSU will be at least a 2 loss team.   Not saying we beat them   but i do believe will should play them pretty close.   After that they still have Miss and Bama.    They are by no means out of the woods yet.

No way we cover any spread under 20...  Just my opinion. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Baller on October 26, 2014, 04:08:02 pm
They beat Auburn who blew us.  I'm not so confident...  The line is probably based on the KY game and how close that was relatively speaking, but KY has won a couple SEC games this year, and Miss St. still managed to beat them by 14.
And AT KY.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Dropkick

Dr. Starcs

bphi11ips

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 26, 2014, 10:07:11 pm
Sounds low to me. Should be 20.

I don't know.  Hogs lost 45-14 in Starkville in 2012, but this game has a different feel. We had 5 turnovers to MSU's 1.  There's no gulf in talent, like there was with Georgia.  Think this will be a typical close game.  MSU wins but Hogs cover 14.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

AugustaHog

The biggest question is which Hog D shows up?  If our run D looks like vs Bama, we will be in it till the end.  If the D from UGA comes to play we will get blown out in s heartbeat.  Prescott will be a handful. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: root_hawg on October 26, 2014, 07:44:24 pm
Early money is usually the amateurs wait till game time to see how the whales bet this game
Las Vegas was built and will continue to exist on whale blubber....These are the guys who have been successful in other businesses and think they can do the same gambling....most people who make a living by gambling are far from whales...they gamble successfully because they know the game and they DO NOT bet large everytime they go to the window...successful gamblers remain as anonymous as possible and the last thing on their mind is getting a room comped for a night or 5
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ghostzapper

The people who set lines in Vegas ought to be the people choosing the final four of this year's cfb playoff.  They are more accurate than any other selection process you can come up with.  They nailed a 14 point line against the #1 team in the country this week, and the opponent had been humiliated  the week before.  And because of that, Hog fans should recognize the respect our team is getting with an 11 point line.

Break & Run

I think Robinson will be harder for us then Prescott.

MSU's defense is bad. Like, really bad.

Hogs play ball control and lose another heart breaker 31-35
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

WarPig88

Quote from: Break & Run on October 26, 2014, 11:30:04 pm

MSU's defense is bad. Like, really bad.

Their pass D isn't that great, but they can stop the run.

We don't pass the ball well enough to beat them that way.

chuggs33

We might lose, we might win.  We have a chance.  WPS!

Westcoasthog

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

cypert2

Trade QBs and we could trade records. Is Prescott eleven points better than Allen?
Swinging on the two and the four.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HF#1 on October 26, 2014, 03:53:16 pm
That will continue to grow...  I think it'll be 17 by game time.

Down to -12 at the Wynn as of this time this morning.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Baller on October 26, 2014, 03:54:56 pm
Get on that line right now.  Wow.  Miss St. is incredible this year and playing at home.  We'll win an SEC game soon enough, but we could get blown out by 28 points in this game, sad to say.

This will be a close game.

The Hogfather

Is Dak not banged up?  Sure didn't look like he was full speed at times Saturday.

I think this game might be closer than some expect.

Hogwild

Could be why the line is just two touchdowns, they are factoring in Dak's injury.

The Hogfather

I actually thought he'd get injured prior to our game.  He has to be wearing down a bit.

He's carried the ball 258 times over the past 20 games, including 124 this season.

Dropkick

Großer Kriegschwein

Every game matches up differently.

How well do we match up against MSU on paper? Haven't crunched any numbers or looked at strength vs. weakness.

Our success on Saturday I would just guess, without looking at anything, will depend on how efficient BA will be in the air.

MSU has a bunch of upperclassmen on their OL that are upperclassmen on the 2-deep. Thats hard to match for us.
This is my non-signature signature.

rhames

The line will be about 9.5 come Saturday which is about right.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

TDHawgs

Dak was limping around really bad toward the end of the Kentucky game, anyone know how he is doing?

hogninja

Quote from: TDHawgs on October 27, 2014, 12:38:26 pm
Dak was limping around really bad toward the end of the Kentucky game, anyone know how he is doing?
Yeah but, BA got tackled in the GA game and landed on his right elbow.  Since then, we have seen work being done on his shoulder on the training table during the UAB game. Are we back to last year? ??? :razorback:

code red

Quote from: HF#1 on October 26, 2014, 04:00:38 pm
I just can't see us covering.  Not in that stadium...  This will be the biggest meltdown of the year.
I just hope Allen is upright in the 4th.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Good enough to beat a 5-2 UK team on one leg.  He can beat us with his arm...and only that.  They got some very talented WR.  They are going to stretch us thin on defense.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

swinemaster

The line is going down.  A four point movement is huge.  Our perception amongst the betting public is very strong right now.  I don't see this game being a blowout.  We will need MSU to stink it up a little to win.

Hawg Life

Mike_e

I don't remember exactly but I think the injury was to the top or side of his foot.  I've heard some say it was an ankle.

In either case it's still going to be hurting this saturday.  I don't think that it will slow him down much when he decides to take off but I do think that he would rather not if given a choice.  If it helps us at all it's probably going to be in that it creates a moment or two of indecision each time his receivers are covered- does he wait for them to come open?- does he just ditch the ball out of bounds?- or does he take off and risk hurting it more?

A lot can happen in a second or so.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

root_hawg

OnYourToes

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!