Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Dak "the nation doesn't know"

Started by jbcarol, October 26, 2014, 03:35:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Riley Blevins @Riley_Blevins  ·  16h 16 hours ago
An absolute must read from @MikeBBonner, who went to Dak's hometown to write about the Dak the nation doesn't know http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2014/10/25/hometown-knew-dak-prescott/17942197/

Prescott family

QuoteHAUGHTON, La. — Haughton's head football coach pointed to a picture that sits on a shelf in the corner of his office. In it, the quarterback wears a white jersey with a red No. 6 on it and points his right arm toward the sky.

On the wall in front of a desk across the room, past a couple of cowbells and a teddy bear dressed in a maroon Mississippi State hoodie, the same quarterback is in another picture. This time, Dak Prescott is wearing a maroon jersey with a white No. 15 on his chest.

The nation knows No. 15...

No. 6 is a stranger to most. He's the quarterback school after school passed over.

But in Haughton, they believed.

They knew No. 6. So they aren't surprised what No. 15 has done.

"There was always something different about him," said Brittany Wright, who lived next door to Prescott. "You could tell he was bigger than what Haughton was."

'Loved them some Dak'

A new unit sits in the lot where Prescott grew up. The Prescott's three-bedroom white trailer is gone...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaHog82

As of now i believe he should and will win the heisman. Sure wish we could get a Dak on the roster but I'm very pleased with the qb talent that CBB is recruiting to the hill! WPS

twistitup

Loved them some Dak?

That doesn't sound right...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JoeyCapital

Great story. Sounds like an impressive young man.

I wish him luck in every game he plays except one each year.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Jackrabbit Hog

After vomiting on Heisman nights with Cam Newton, then Johnny Manziel, then Jameis Winston, it sure would be refreshing for someone like Prescott to win it.  Classy guy who seems to epitomize what a student-athlete SHOULD be.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 27, 2014, 02:23:11 pm

After vomiting on Heisman nights with Cam Newton, then Johnny Manziel, then Jameis Winston, it sure would be refreshing for someone like Prescott to win it.  Classy guy who seems to epitomize what a student-athlete SHOULD be.

Agree with above. 

Heard that Cam's trophy is not in the Heisman pose....guy is holding a football in one hand & a handful of cash in the other.

Manziels Trophy is a guy signing autographs....

& Winston's holding some crab legs in one hand.....& girls underwear in the other...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.