Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should the NFL based their divisions off proximity?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 26, 2014, 11:48:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

A friend of mine brought it up that the NFL divisions are semi-based on geography. I wondered what the nfl would look like if they did fully base it on that. Heres what i got:

Oakland, Sf, Seattle, San diego
Denver, Arizona, Kansas City, STL
Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Tennessee
Jacksonville, Miami, tampa bay, Atlanta
Carolina, Indianapolis, Cleveland, cinncinati
NYG, NYG, New England, Buffalo
Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington
Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago.

It would give the NFL a new look. How do you think it would be if the NFL remodeled like this?

Professor Psychosis

Honestly, I hate the 4-team division setup.  I'd scrap the divisions and have a 16 team AFC and NFC like we do now.  Play everyone in your conference once for a 15 game schedule, then have the 16th game against a crossover rival opponent.  Take the top 6 teams from each conference, have the playoffs, there you go.  An idea that will never, ever happen that many people would probably hate.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 26, 2014, 11:48:25 am
A friend of mine brought it up that the NFL divisions are semi-based on geography. I wondered what the nfl would look like if they did fully base it on that. Heres what i got:

Oakland, Sf, Seattle, San diego
Denver, Arizona, Kansas City, STL
Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Tennessee
Jacksonville, Miami, tampa bay, Atlanta
Carolina, Indianapolis, Cleveland, cinncinati
NYG, NYG, New England, Buffalo
Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington
Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago.

It would give the NFL a new look. How do you think it would be if the NFL remodeled like this?
I would switch Pittsburgh and Carolina.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

NorthChuckHog

Carolina should be in the division with the Florida and Georgia teams, Ohio and Indy aren't really close to carolina