Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn cheating again...say it ain't so.

Started by SquidBilly, October 26, 2014, 07:26:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

on South Carolina's last play they brought a WR on late to help defend the hail Mary.  However this caused them to have two players wearing #1 on the field at the same time.  Yes the officials should have caught it but if I were them I'd be extremely upset with the deception Malzahn employed there.  It's one thing to try and deceive the other team, that happens all the time.  It's something else entirely to try and deceive the refs and that is exactly what they did.  Can't imagine the SEC office will be very happy with these antics as it made them look bad.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Dirty

SemperFi

Just like the AU LB that dropped in the EZ last year as if he had been hit by a sniper with a 50 Cal. Gus is pure and reflects all that is good in college football... :puke:
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

WardamnHOGGLE

Great finish to a great game.  I wish Auburn would have lost, but What a game.  SS threw everything they had at that game.  To play like that at on the Road was impressive.

EDIT: To play offense like that on the road was impressive. 8)

Godfather

Ok so, it's against the rules, but tell me the advantage gained?   Really.  Prob oversight in a scramble moment. 

I think no 2 players on the same squad should have the same numbers. 
WPS to the end.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Godfather on October 26, 2014, 09:45:41 am
Ok so, it's against the rules, but tell me the advantage gained?   Really.  Prob oversight in a scramble moment. 

One could say the same thing about Terelle Pryor and tattoos. Rules are rules.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hoggie17

SC played way over their heads, hats off to SS.  He coached like his early years at Fla.

Pigdiana Jones

Maybe no advantage gained as far as the player skills, but the rule is the rule and it must be enforced, period.

St.. Gus the hypocrite never ceases to amaze.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 26, 2014, 07:26:38 am
on South Carolina's last play they brought a WR on late to help defend the hail Mary.  However this caused them to have two players wearing #1 on the field at the same time.  Yes the officials should have caught it but if I were them I'd be extremely upset with the deception Malzahn employed there.  It's one thing to try and deceive the other team, that happens all the time.  It's something else entirely to try and deceive the refs and that is exactly what they did.  Can't imagine the SEC office will be very happy with these antics as it made them look bad.

Deceive the refs?  Oh, and the SEC office does not look bad.  They don't care what anybody writes or thinks about them.  That's been clear for forever.

daBoar

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 26, 2014, 07:26:38 am
.... Can't imagine the SEC office will be very happy with these antics as it made them look bad.
I bet they gave Aubie a +1

Godfather

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on October 26, 2014, 09:54:33 am
Maybe no advantage gained as far as the player skills, but the rule is the rule and it must be enforced, period.

St.. Gus the hypocrite never ceases to amaze.

Guess he's not allowed to make mistakes? 
WPS to the end.

LZH

Quote from: Godfather on October 26, 2014, 10:22:01 am
Guess he's not allowed to make mistakes? 

That wasn't a mistake, cuz....I'm quite sure that was on purpose.

Fatty McGee

Do other fans cry about officiating as much as ours?  In games we're not even playing in?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Trottsky

On an earlier play, did you see the Auburn defender push a blocker and then fall down? He jumped right up and started motioning for a flag, as if he'd been clipped.

An obvious flop, likely part of standard Auburn tactics,

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2014, 10:32:58 am
Do other fans cry about officiating as much as ours?  In games we're not even playing in?

Yes.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Does anyone really believe any HC is stupid enough to intentionally play the same 2 numbers on any play figuring the refs won't catch it.  That could have ended up a penalty and given SC another opportunity.  Unless the refs were paid to overlook Aubbie's intents and Malzahn knew they were paid, assuming he did that intentional is just stupid. So, do you believe the refs were paid and Malzahn knew it.???  This ignorant thread could get good here.

LZH

Quote from: 12247 on October 26, 2014, 11:31:38 am
Does anyone really believe any HC is stupid enough to intentionally play the same 2 numbers on any play figuring the refs won't catch it.  That could have ended up a penalty and given SC another opportunity.  Unless the refs were paid to overlook Aubbie's intents and Malzahn knew they were paid, assuming he did that intentional is just stupid. So, do you believe the refs were paid and Malzahn knew it.???  This ignorant thread could get good here.

Not really, no.  I was kinda goofin' around earlier.  But is Gus arrogant enough to not even worry about it?....yeah, I think he is.

Hey, its OK to hate Malzahn.  It would be just fine to point out how dumb playing two of the same numbers on the same play was and even point out what could have happened if the refs saw it.  Getting caught could have been the difference in the ballgame.

But to decide that Malzahn intentionally played two same numbers and call it deception actually looks worse on the writer.  What idiot would ever take that chance when he didn't have total control of the situation.  So, based on this thoughtful thread and the knowledge of the Author, can we be sure Malzahn had the refs in his pocket?  Should someone, maybe the Author, contact the SEC conference and report these findings ASAP.

spiritof92

Ok so, it's against the rules, but tell me the advantage gained?   

QB looks down the field and sees 2 defenders with the same number.  One is terrible the other is first team All-american, or in this case...one is a WR and the other a defensive player.  Which one does the QB challenge? 

Then there's the issue of it being harder to detect 12 men on the field.

reddogjcss

Auburn cheat? Let's check track record! Yes it has been confirmed!

SquidBilly

The advantage gained was that he was able to keep his D-lineman on the field while also subbing in his best WR to defend the hail mary.  Both factored into the play.  Easy way to avoid this situation would be to make sure they had different numbers to begin with if he planned to ever use them on the field together, but then that would show regards for the rules.  And it's obvious that Gus doesn't believe those apply to him.

yraciv

This! My god people they weren't trying to deceive the refs or anything, clearly an oversight with no advantage.  The refs could have easily seen it and called the penalty, which would have hurt Auburn.  They got lucky they didn't.

Lake City Hog

This thread sure doesn't help our dumbness standard!
This board has the most Bi-Polar fans on earth!(number of not degree)

Hoggish1

Do any other fans get as screwed as Arkansas does by its conference officials? 

I can't speak for other Hog fans, but I watch games to see what creative ways the zebras are going to employ to save the higher raked team.

They are always finding the most creative ways to keep us in check. There are plenty of example but the one where Skipper, against Bama, takes two shots without retaliating, but gets an offsetting penalty at a crucial point in one of our drives was just too much!).

spiritof92

Go check out most BigTen boards (especially Ohio State).  They use the term "refball" more than "football".

I do believe the refs assist the higher ranked teams in the SEC to protect the undefeateds as long as possible.  In the end, its better for the conference.  I think we have suffered from those SEC refs protecting possible National Champions.  The Fla game in 2009 always comes to mind and Aubbie in 2010 or 2011.  We were ripped to assist the higher ranked team in my opinion.

But that doesn't have anything to do with this thread.  This thread is accusing Malzahn of intentionally cheating.  Didn't say he wouldn't intentionally cheat as I believe most coaches would.  But unless Malzahn had the refs in his pocket, playing 2 same numbered players in the same play is just plain stupid.  I can buy the decision to enter the WR as he would have good hands but I bet Malzahn forgot he had a #2 already on the field.  In other words, stupid play, not an intent to cheat play. 

So if it was intentional, I suggest Malzahn knew the refs wouldn't blow the whistle and that could mean he has them bought off and if that is so, then the Author should deliver his proof to the SEC authorities or quit suggesting theories he has no proof of.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 26, 2014, 06:02:05 pm
Do any other fans get as screwed as Arkansas does by its conference officials? 

I can't speak for other Hog fans, but I watch games to see what creative ways the zebras are going to employ to save the higher raked team.

They are always finding the most creative ways to keep us in check. There are plenty of example but the one where Skipper, against Bama, takes two shots without retaliating, but gets an offsetting penalty at a crucial point in one of our drives was just too much!).

Sorry, I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories.  Especially large ones with lots of money at stake.  The conspiracy might exist for a little bit, but too many people have to stay quiet, and the victim has to be pretty weak, which in this case Arkansas isn't.  Human nature being what it is, it wouldn't last. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

board

Far as I am concerned malzahn intends to cheat in any and every way possible every chance he gets, so if this one specific play was a case of accidental, rather than conscious cheating, it is still malzahn just being malzahn..

Magic_Hogg

Would be interesting to know if the refs would have caught it had we done it in the same situation against' Bama.  SEC refs are jokes. 

Hogman2

So what? They had two number ones in the game! It was  a mistake but ; Did the Ref call a penalty on the play?   Big Deal/ If they failed to call a penalty on the play, they messed up!  By the way, it is NOT A PENALTY if a flag is NOT THROWN! Searching for something negative I guess?

redeye

I wanna hear more about Auburn stealing signs, because it's amazing how well their defense plays in the 4th quarter.  I didn't see the SC game, but this has been going on for several years.

BartIV

Wish he was cheating for us, but oh well, 17 straight, here we come.

root_hawg

I am sure that running a duplicate number was some evil plan hatched up by Gus

Rzbakfromwaybak

You nailed it right there......rule change needed.

No 2 players can participate in the same game.....with the same numbers.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jabohog

You know I am puzzled by that as well. I make a motion you take some time and go do a survey of all the other teams boards and get back with us in about a month. Since you asked the question, it's only right that you get to garner the facts. While your at it, see if any of the other teams have had an officiating team suspended for the screwing they gave one of the teams during the game. You know, kind of like the 2009 Florida game. How about it?

FATHAWG08

How can anyone be surprise by the no call? This happens every weekend in the SEC, protect the league. It is becoming very obvious that the SEC is going to do whatever is needed to protect the teams that the SEC think have the best chance to get to the Championship game. Very few upsets in the SEC.
I love off season Football!!

WarPig88

Saw this happen in another game this year.

Neither got penalized. I guess it's harder to notice than some other infractions.

Calling it cheating is funny though. Surely the OP is jesting.

lefty08

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 26, 2014, 07:16:24 pm
You nailed it right there......rule change needed.

No 2 players can participate in the same game.....with the same numbers.

I hope you guys realize that can't happen.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogfaniam

Quote from: lefty08 on October 27, 2014, 06:12:39 am
I hope you guys realize that can't happen.....

Sure it can, if they start allowing 3 digit numbers, or only allowing 100 to dress, or relaxing number restrictions by position
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: LZH on October 26, 2014, 10:31:26 am
That wasn't a mistake, cuz....I'm quite sure that was on purpose.

If you are having to account for #1.......its huge.  8)