Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Wallace

Started by Prestworthy, October 25, 2014, 10:36:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: Lanny on October 26, 2014, 08:15:14 am
Not surprised, typical Ole Myth team.  I knew they would lose at LSU, Wallace folds like a cheap cigar when the game is on the line.

Is that a mixed metaphor?

clutch

Quote from: jfred59 on October 26, 2014, 02:38:49 pm
I met him some when he was at ASU and he is a good guy.  Big problem is his money man Sean Thuey running the program.

Yeah. Met Thuey too. Had the opposite opinion of him. Seemed like an odd pairing with Hugh.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 26, 2014, 12:16:50 pm
were you guys watching lsu's coverage?

they are no slouch. in fact they were tight on ole miss all night. 

they looked terrible against auburn, but seemed to pull it together after that.  last night they were blankets for the most part.
The biggest foe we have in the next 3 games is depth. LSU showed what an advantage it really is. CBB will build it here.

Hog N Bama

Bo Wallace lacks consistency but I like the way he is not afraid to run when needed. I do think his decisions are questionable. Yeah he should be a man and a good sport after the game.

Hogs-n-Roses

I thought he should have gotten ar least 2 other unsportsmanlike penalties besides the horrendous call where it was on both teams. On the sack or stop on 4th and one where he threw the ball. And one other time where he just acted like a punk.

sowmonella

Not surprised, typical Ole Myth team.  I knew they would lose at LSU, Wallace folds like a cheap cigar when the game is on the line.

Folds like a cheap cigar?  Lanny, I am shocked.  Go back in to your tent.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

spiritof92

With proper humidification you can prevent that.  I like to keep dog rockets around for bums and in-laws that come over.  Just pull off the label and tell them it's an Opus X. 

Hog N Bama

Quote from: sowmonella on October 26, 2014, 03:28:52 pm
Folds like a cheap cigar?  Lanny, I am shocked.  Go back in to your tent.
Let's hope they unravel like a cheap cigar in Fayetteville.

OTTER

Bo is a punk and if our crowd and our defense can get in his head, we'll beat them.  I would not be suprised to see him get another personal foul penalty in Fayetteville.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Fatty McGee

You guys are funny.  If it's one of our guys, he's "misunderstood".  If it's one of theirs, he's a "punk".  You'd be bending over backward to defend the same actions if we had a QB with the same skills and record and even attitude (to the extent you can judge a person's personality from seeing them a few minutes on TV).
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Danny J

Quote from: hogz11 on October 25, 2014, 10:48:12 pm
Ole Pi$$ is a trash program. They are slimy and dirty. I'm supposed to believe an Arkansas State coach goes to a middle tier SEC school that has never done anything and starts immediately signing top 10 classes?

And now we see what kinda players Freeze puts on the field in Wallace, Treadwell, etc. No thank you. I want good players on the Hill but not guys that act like that.

tconey1

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2014, 04:45:11 pm
You guys are funny.  If it's one of our guys, he's "misunderstood".  If it's one of theirs, he's a "punk".  You'd be bending over backward to defend the same actions if we had a QB with the same skills and record and even attitude (to the extent you can judge a person's personality from seeing them a few minutes on TV).

What do you expect?  This is an Arkansas Razorbacks board. True fans have the tendency to back their team and diss the others.  Go figure!

Sivad

Quote from: hogz11 on October 25, 2014, 10:48:12 pm
Ole Pi$$ is a trash program. They are slimy and dirty.
A good fit for both Bo "I'm Outa Here" Wallace and Rev. Hugh "Sean Tuohy will pay" Freeze.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: tconey1 on October 26, 2014, 05:02:45 pm

What do you expect?  This is an Arkansas Razorbacks board. True fans have the tendency to back their team and diss the others.  Go figure!

While I grant that irrationality is at the heart of fandom, at some point it seems a little much.  But you're right, this is a fan board, so I should probably relax.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

onebadrubi

Quote from: theenemy on October 26, 2014, 12:46:20 pm
In a heart beat!

Wallace has shown he can make plays and win games on his ability.

The play call was a check down on a drag route Out of Bounds!  The receiver he threw too was running a bogus route to stretch a safety and corner over the otp (which is what it did) and he should have hit a WR coming over the middle at the boundary and line to step out, stop the clock, and kick the FG.  He failed.  Not good play making ability. 

BigoBoys

Shaves his legs according to the LSU fans on Gameday.

snoblind

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 26, 2014, 12:14:55 pm
I had forgot about yuku.com.  That place was incredible during Nutt meltdown his last year.  They even had TP posting there defending him.

Also the last sighting of Big Deal that I'm aware of.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 26, 2014, 05:21:02 pm
The play call was a check down on a drag route Out of Bounds!  The receiver he threw too was running a bogus route to stretch a safety and corner over the otp (which is what it did) and he should have hit a WR coming over the middle at the boundary and line to step out, stop the clock, and kick the FG.  He failed.  Not good play making ability. 

He was struggling, but he still brought them down the field and got them into field goal position.

Freeze blew it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2014, 04:45:11 pm

A very large majority here would never commend Mallett, Wilson, or B. Allen running of the field and in the locker room before a game is over because he threw a pick.  You are using this example to put down people here as a whole, but it's wrong.  People here support effort and talent along with some minor off the field issues.  Please actually find where a majority or close are condoning immoral or bad ethical issues from Hog players.

onebadrubi

Quote from: theenemy on October 26, 2014, 05:29:56 pm
He was struggling, but he still brought them down the field and got them into field goal position.

Freeze blew it.

Arguable.  He did get them about 50 yards down the field on that drive, but did nothing for most of the game.  Freeze probably did the high percentage thing after that delay of game that put that freshman kicker (hasn't even played but 3 games) further out of his comfort range (I believe 42 to 47 yards?).  Freeze needed 5-8 yards for a truly ok shot at the field goal.

spiritof92

He was struggling, but he still brought them down the field and got them into field goal position and then threw a bonehead pass into double coverage which resulted in an INT

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 26, 2014, 05:31:04 pm
A very large majority here would never commend Mallett, Wilson, or B. Allen running of the field and in the locker room before a game is over because he threw a pick.  You are using this example to put down people here as a whole, but it's wrong.  People here support effort and talent along with some minor off the field issues.  Please actually find where a majority or close are condoning immoral or bad ethical issues from Hog players.

I honestly think that was the coaching staff's idea.  I think they was scared Bo would do something stupid when fans rushed the field.

opineonswine

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 26, 2014, 05:33:11 pm
Arguable.  He did get them about 50 yards down the field on that drive, but did nothing for most of the game.  Freeze probably did the high percentage thing after that delay of game that put that freshman kicker (hasn't even played but 3 games) further out of his comfort range (I believe 42 to 47 yards?).  Freeze needed 5-8 yards for a truly ok shot at the field goal.

If BB had pulled the bone head coaching that Freeze did he would be crucified by some.  NO WAY should you ever, ever get a delay penalty in that situation, first of all.  And then going for it was D U M B.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 26, 2014, 05:33:11 pm

So you actually think BA is a better QB than Wallace?

cypert2

Freeze blew it.

Actually, he threw another interception on the last drive but was bailed out by a PI penalty which had nothing to do with the play. I was not the least bit impressed by Wallace's play last night. He let the LSU fans and players get to him and cost his team a chance to tie it at the end.
Swinging on the two and the four.

spiritof92

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2014, 05:40:03 pm

Again, it's not a big deal, but this is a thread about what a pain in the butt one kid is because he walked off the field early.  Like that tells us about his whole personality.

You combine that with him jawing back and forth with LSU fans, some of his conduct on the field, and throwing a teammate under the bus it at least gets me in the ballpark. 

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: cypert2 on October 26, 2014, 05:51:47 pm
Actually, he threw another interception on the last drive but was bailed out by a PI penalty which had nothing to do with the play.

You talking about when the LSU player tackled the receiver allowing the safety to catch the ball?

How is tackling the receiver having nothing to do with the play?

cypert2

Ball was 10 yards under thrown. Interception all the way. He just threw it up for grabs

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: cypert2 on October 26, 2014, 06:24:15 pm
Ball was 10 yards under thrown. Interception all the way. He just threw it up for grabs

It was not 10 yards underthrown.

The receiver was closer to the ball than the defensive guy that actually caught it was at the time of the tackle.

The receiver was breaking off the route and adjusting to it and the defensive back tackled him.

cypert2

Quote from: theenemy on October 26, 2014, 06:28:50 pm

The receiver was closer to the ball than the defensive guy that actually caught it was at the time of the tackle.

The receiver was breaking off the route and adjusting to it and the defensive back tackled him.
Quote from: theenemy on October 26, 2014, 06:28:50 pm

Your obviously a big Wallace fan. Any unbiased viewer of last nights game would agree with me that Wallace had an awful game. Up until last night he had kept his emotions in check and had done a good job. Last night he let LSU fans and players get under his skin and cost his team a chance to win the game.

LSPRazorbac

Not a Wallace fan.

And I agree that he had a bad game.  But the P.I. made the pass look worse than it actually was.

And no matter how bad he played....at the end he gave Ole Miss a shot to win but Freeze pissed it away due to the penalty.

Delay of game penalty at that time of the game is unacceptable.

Hogman2

I read an Ole Miss post about Wallace leaving the field and the comment stated it was for Wallace's safety! Apparently LSU's crummy fans were throwing all types of stuff at him while he remained on the sidelines!

LSPRazorbac

Well LSU is known for Piss Balloons.

Hogman2

The  SEC should FORCE LSU to clean up its moronic fan behavior!  They have pulled this trash for years! No reason to allow fans to throw at opposing players!

onebadrubi

Quote from: theenemy on October 26, 2014, 05:38:55 pm
So you actually think BA is a better QB than Wallace?

BO wallace has the number one WR from last year, so he's a sophmore.  He also one of if not the best Defenses right now.  He received how many turnovers from his D last night and couldn't do anything with them?  I do believe B. Allen did better last year in Baton Rouge against a better LSU d.  Now, would I trade Wallace for Allen, no.  But I wouldn't trade Allen for Wallace either.  You put the talent around Allen that Wallace has at the receiver and defense and we are undeafeated at the moment, no argument. 

root_hawg

I won a little money on that from an Ole miss grad, gotta love those homers!

kingofdequeen

cheap cigars fold?

root_hawg

What was bad was that he had the receiver on the sideline for a 7 yard out pattern that he could have caught and stepped right out of bounds but he went for it all.  Bad decision.

eusebius

I don't have a problem with Wallace or any player heading to the locker room in that situation. As someone mentioned, it could have been a safety issue. It's better to get the player in the locker room away from the crowd and the cameras. Who knows what happens if you don't? Wallace melts down when LSU fans storm the field, punches a fan like in 2003 when a Nebraska player punched a Missouri fan.

Also, for those that played, we all know the sportsmanship code of shaking hands. And in most cases it's the customary thing to do. But, there are times when it's fine to just exit the field or court. I have had to do it, when the other team hits a game winner and the fans storm the court, you just leave. I have been in hostile gyms where we were the visiting team and we upset the home team and we and the refs got off the court as quickly as possible. It happens. If the head coaches can feasibly make it to one another and shake hands, fine, but I am not to worried about all the players shaking hands. Watch the old Lakers v Celtics games when the fans rush the court, the losing team gets off the court as quickly as possible. You wouldn't accuse Bird or Magic of being poor sports, they just knew when it was time to shake hands and when it wasn't. I have no problem with rival teams shaking hands before the game and then just exiting when it's over, especially if the other team is celebrating.     

I also go back to what Michael Jordan said when Ahmad Rashad asked him about the Pistons leaving the court before the game was officially over and not shaking hands with the Bulls in 1991 as the Bulls ended the Bad Boys reign over the NBA, Jordan said, "It didn't bother me that they left like that. When your get your a@@ beat, you can leave any way you choose.

When I beat you, and I really don't care if you shake my hand or not. But maybe that's just me ;) 
These things I know: There's no doubt Gary Anderson was very underrated . . Ike Forte had the best number ever for a running back and the best thing about the option was that last second pitch right before the DE hits the quarterback.

onebadrubi

Quote from: root_hawg on October 26, 2014, 08:00:03 pm
What was bad was that he had the receiver on the sideline for a 7 yard out pattern that he could have caught and stepped right out of bounds but he went for it all.  Bad decision.

Which is where he was suppose to go and make it much easier in the kicker.  No took it upon himself to throw to a stretching D decoy that had a safety playing center field just behind him. 

razorsharptusk

What a leader...get's stuffed in the QB sneak, and throws the football in disgust. Then runs off the field after throwing an interception. Top leadership quality right there.  The look on Freezes face when he launched that ball into the end zone was priceless. 
GO HOGS!!

Justifiable Hogicide

His head butt coupled with his leaving his team on the field before time expired showcased what Bo Wallace is all about.

DeltaBoy

Bo will like Dexter McCluster go ape crap wild on the Hogs and will give you all a big plate of Crow to eat.  Ole Miss got snake bit at night in Baton Rouge like many before.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 27, 2014, 01:32:36 pm
Bo will like Dexter McCluster go ape crap wild on the Hogs and will give you all a big plate of Crow to eat.  Ole Miss got snake bit at night in Baton Rouge like many before.

He very well might. He had gotten better at not making stupid throws, but many felt he would at some point this year do something to coast his team a game.  Now, no guarantee the kicker makes the FG, and if he did, no way to know what would have happened in OT.  Many forget BO got picked of earlier in that drive by the safety playing center field, and got bailed out because the CB never looked for the ball and ran into the old misses receiver and called, rightly so, for PI.

Wallace had a horrible game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GolfnHog

Well for all that watched the LSU/OM game we now have a blueprint on how to rattle BO.

It will take a concerted effort of the fans along Ole Miss bench area to give unmitigated hell to Ole Bo and in return the Hog D will need to reap the benefits and play inspired and aggressive D.

Oh yeah, it might help to brush up on "flopping" once Bo gets excited.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

RedRock

It's a firestorm over there.  Wallace has made a lot of enemies within the clubhouse.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: RedRock on October 27, 2014, 04:25:43 pm
It's a firestorm over there.  Wallace has made a lot of enemies within the clubhouse.

I'd take a firestorm to be 7-1 right now....
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

kingofdequeen

firestorm > or < dumpsterfire

Fort Dweller

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 27, 2014, 10:37:34 pm
firestorm > or < dumpsterfire

Yeah.  At least Firestorm had Howie Long.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 27, 2014, 10:47:46 pm
Yeah.  At least Firestorm had Howie Long.

if jake long were in high school right now, would he have a committable offer?