Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dak Prescott

Started by HogAlum99, October 25, 2014, 10:32:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

root_hawg

Heck we need the bowling ball in street clothes and in the gutter!

WarPig88

Quote from: root_hawg on October 26, 2014, 07:51:38 pm
Heck we need the bowling ball in street clothes and in the gutter!

Go Hogs!

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 25, 2014, 10:37:38 pm
He's going to have a field day on us. We're not ready for a guy like him.

Biggest mismatch since Amari Cooper vs. the Arkansas secondary. ;)

HF#1

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 26, 2014, 08:13:43 pm

This is different.  They have a stud qb, a really good running back, big physical Wr's, and a really good defense. 

Bama had Amari Cooper, a questionable o-line, and their defense was suspect.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

mlloyd4

Mississippi State ss just one game, not a season. Anything can happen in one game. No matter how good they are, a win is never guaranteed. The Hogs could get lucky. Mississippi State could have a bad game and the Hogs could be in the zone playing the best game of their lives.
WPS

hobhog

Any word today? Still in boot?

Dwight_K_Shrute

We have played very well at home and not so good on the road and at neutral sites (Dallas and LR).

This is our first real road game at an SEC opponents field since Auburn.

If this game was in Fayetteville we would have a chance but still have to have a near flawless performance. 

Those looking for hope in the Kentucky game, keep in mind that was at Kentucky.  Play it in Starkville and then win going away.  The good news is they did give up 500 yards of total offense but 400 of that was through the air.  They held Kentucky to 50 yards below their rushing average. 

The series of 3 and outs we had in the second half against UAB while BA was still in the game worry me, but then again passing on 1st down and getting nothing then running on 2nd down and getting nothing and then forced into obvious passing situation on 3rd down worries me as well. 

Best thing we have going for us is State may be looking ahead to Alabama and already have this game penciled in as a W. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SPAL

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 26, 2014, 07:48:16 pm
I remember when this fan base wanted the Ohio St guys to play so there would be no excuses if we beat them.

Now it's a steady drum beat of the other team's best player may not be ready for us!

I hope he is ready and healthy.

Go Hogs.

not me..

I would rather win with the other team's best player on the sideline than lose with him playing. Winning> losing everytime, no matter the situation.

SPAL

Quote from: HF#1 on October 26, 2014, 08:18:13 pm
This is different.  They have a stud qb, a really good running back, big physical Wr's, and a really good defense. 

And they will probably still win the west. I wish we were lucky enough to suck as bad as bama.

Bacon_Bitz

Miss St's defense is not really good.

hawginbigd1

If prescott is say 50% we have a chance, because he will not put pressure on the defense, like if he was healthy. The game I see as a light of chance is the UAB game, I watched bits of that and the dogs were on the ropes a few times with a fairly balanced attack. The kentucky game seemed like the pass was what was affecting them mostly, I am not sure we can match Kentucky's passing game and the QB running.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 26, 2014, 08:13:43 pm

Cooper needed someone to get the ball to him, which Sims didn't.  Prescott has the ball in his hands after every snap.

PORKULATOR

Prescott will be the first heisman hopeful qb to have a bad game against us in years. We're gonna play above our heads on D and bring home the dubya... Can I GET A Woo pig sooie?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

root_hawg

Hawg Life

Mississippi St. does not have a good defense.

chuggs33

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 27, 2014, 09:42:13 pm
Prescott will be the first heisman hopeful qb to have a bad game against us in years. We're gonna play above our heads on D and bring home the dubya... Can I GET A Woo pig sooie?

Woo pig Sooie!

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Life on October 27, 2014, 09:57:46 pm
Probably the best front 7 in the SEC.

pigture perfect

MSU once offered $180,000 for a guy like this.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Razorbacker79

Quote from: Hawg Life on October 27, 2014, 09:57:46 pm
It's a matter of perspective--how do you define a good defense?  Watching the replay of the Kentucky game, the announcers said something along the lines that MSU's overall defense was in the bottom tier in the league but their red zone defense was number one--if I remember correctly, in the nation, not just SEC.  Someone with some more time might want to look up the numbers.  So we should be able to move the ball on their defense, but if we want to win it might have to be on big plays.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

sickboy

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 26, 2014, 12:45:45 pm
We've rested Ellis 2 weeks just for prescott! 

I don't think Ellis is playing this week.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: sickboy on October 28, 2014, 12:41:42 pm
I don't think Ellis is playing this week.

Bret said he would. Yesterday... He just wasn't on the two deep.
This is my non-signature signature.

hawg17

The only game i watched of MSU was the Auburn game. Looked like grown men playing junior high kids. They are big and physical.

jacobp

Quote from: Razorbacker79 on October 28, 2014, 12:20:20 pm
It's a matter of perspective--how do you define a good defense?  Watching the replay of the Kentucky game, the announcers said something along the lines that MSU's overall defense was in the bottom tier in the league but their red zone defense was number one--if I remember correctly, in the nation, not just SEC.  Someone with some more time might want to look up the numbers.  So we should be able to move the ball on their defense, but if we want to win it might have to be on big plays.
Their defense does lead the SEC, and the nation,  in red zone conversions at about 61%. Opponents have been in the red zone 23 times and gotten only 14 scores, 8 TD's and 6 field goals.

Arkansas's opponents have also had 23 attempts in the red zone and we've given up 18 scores. problem is its been 16 TD's and 2 field goals.

jacobp

Quote from: jry04 on October 27, 2014, 10:26:40 pm
Probably the best front 7 in the SEC.
they claim to have it anyway. They only allow 20 fewer yards rushing a game than we do.

sickboy

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 28, 2014, 12:51:26 pm
Bret said he would. Yesterday... He just wasn't on the two deep.

Oh, nice. Hadn't heard that.

Reservoir Hogs

MSU D was not at all impressive against KY and to be honest that is the only full game I have watched of theirs. 
They were not overly impressive anywhere in that game, and I though Dak looked very beatable if you can contain his run lanes and wrap up.

KY did a horrible job of tackling that whole game, not just on Dak but on that running back as well.

If we tackle well we have a chance in this game.

aar0n

Haven't read this whole thread.  Has anyone suggested putting a spy on Prescott the entire game? Specifically an ankle-kicking, expendable spy?  Maybe John Henson can line up at LB on a couple plays, he could probably kick the hell out of that ankle at least once with 9 or 10 tries.

HogShat

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on October 28, 2014, 02:47:47 pm
MSU D was not at all impressive against KY and to be honest that is the only full game I have watched of theirs. 
They were not overly impressive anywhere in that game, and I though Dak looked very beatable if you can contain his run lanes and wrap up.

KY did a horrible job of tackling that whole game, not just on Dak but on that running back as well.

If we tackle well we have a chance in this game.

To be fair, the three games just prior to the KY game they looked like the best team in the country.  Every team in the nation is going to have a game or two where they struggle for whatever reason, be it emotional letdown, taking a team lightly, bad match up, etc.  I think the Kentucky game was a trap game for MSU that they managed to get through.  Not pretty, but a win. 

I'm not sure putting a spy on Prescott is the answer.  I still remember watching Cam Newton run over Jericho Nelson near the goalline at Auburn a few years ago.  Prescott does not have great foot speed or quickness, but he is great at finding a crease, turning north-and-south, and getting every yard that's available.  He's a tank and the guy that gets first contact on him generally goes backward.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: aar0n on October 28, 2014, 02:58:50 pm
Haven't read this whole thread.  Has anyone suggested putting a spy on Prescott the entire game? Specifically an ankle-kicking, expendable spy?  Maybe John Henson can line up at LB on a couple plays, he could probably kick the hell out of that ankle at least once with 9 or 10 tries.
the ankle kick will get blocked.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 27, 2014, 03:03:40 pm
And they will probably still win the west. I wish we were lucky enough to suck as bad as bama.

Pipe dream if you believe they will win the west...Not gonna happen closet Bammer.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

bigred223

Bama could easily win the west. They obviously haven't played as well on the road this year, but I don't think anyone can beat them at home. They have an elite run defense and tons of playmakers on offense, not to mention the best coach in modern college football history.