Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dak Prescott

Started by HogAlum99, October 25, 2014, 10:32:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogAlum99

October 25, 2014, 10:32:12 pm Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:04:47 am by HogAlum99
Saw on ESPN earlier that Prescott was in a walking boot.  I'm sure he'll play next Saturday, but you wonder how much he may be limited in practice this week which hopefully can lead to a little rust and poor decisions! That being said, I honestly feel we match up fairly well with them anyway even with a healthy Prescott.

cosmodrum

He's going to have a field day on us. We're not ready for a guy like him.
Go away, batin'

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 25, 2014, 10:37:38 pm

Yeah, he's gonna be a bit of a problem.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RAZORHOGG15

Way to rally the troops cosmo
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

lumphog

We can beat state "IF" we don't beat our self.....we can play with anyone

hawg IQ

Quote from: HogAlum99 on October 25, 2014, 10:32:12 pm
Saw on ESPN earlier that Prescott was in a walking boot earlier.  I'm sure he'll play next Saturday, but you wonder how much he may be limited in practice this week which hopefully can lead to a little rust and poor decisions! That being said, I honestly feel we match up fairly well with them anyway even with a healthy Prescott.
More worried about "bowling ball"
go hogs go !

cosmodrum

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on October 25, 2014, 10:40:16 pm
Way to rally the troops cosmo

I'll tell the team something different when I address them tomorrow. I'm a big deal.
Go away, batin'

Oklahawg

I would rather Prescott practice all week and then have it not be 100% or get reinjured. Then, the back-up hasn't likely had as many 1st team reps as normal.

Wishing no ill will on any player, just wanting to maximize the Hogs' chances.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Break & Run

I'm more worried about Robinson then I am Prescott.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

MissippHog

Healthy or not they're going to be a handful and Starkpatch is a difficult place to play. 

clutch

Quote from: Break & Run on October 25, 2014, 11:36:18 pm
I'm more worried about Robinson then I am Prescott.

Not me. Prescott isn't a top heisman contender for no reason. Plus we've historically struggled with guys like him. Hopefully that's not the case with this years defense.

mlloyd4

I could never wish ill will on an opposition player or coach or fan. Dak Prescott is a fantastic athlete freak of nature type QB and the Mississippi State team is solid as a rock. I hope the Hogs get lucky and I don't think they will be intimated by the Mississippi State football culture at all. I don't see a blow at at all; I think the Hogs will play a competitive game. WPS!
WPS

Deeznutts

They have a park ball defense. Keep the ball away from him. He can't hurt us without the ball.

Paul

Quote from: MissippHog on October 25, 2014, 11:40:46 pm
Healthy or not they're going to be a handful and Starkpatch is a difficult place to play.

We play well there

MissippHog

Quote from: Paul on October 25, 2014, 11:47:54 pm
We play well there
Traditionally we own them.  I've been to several games there that we won.  I was also there for the '98 game that we should have won, 2 years ago when we got the brakes beat off of us and 4 years ago when we got lucky and won (when they fumbled out of the end zone in OT.)  Crazy things happen in Starkpatch.

Demaghog

We've played well at times against everyone on our schedule. We're eventually going to put a complete game together, why not this one? Mississippi State doesn't have an overwhelming talent advantage. If we're healthy on defense we've got a chance.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HogAlum99 on October 25, 2014, 10:32:12 pm
Saw on ESPN earlier that Prescott was in a walking boot earlier.  I'm sure he'll play next Saturday, but you wonder how much he may be limited in practice this week which hopefully can lead to a little rust and poor decisions! That being said, I honestly feel we match up fairly well with them anyway even with a healthy Prescott.

There is concern that Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott may have sustained an injury to his right foot during Saturday's win at Kentucky. But when reporters asked why Prescott was wearing a walking boot after the game, the Bulldogs' quarterback said it was "precautionary."

via The Clarion-Ledger:

"Oh yeah, this is just precautionary," Prescott said.

The quarterback wouldn't elaborate anymore.

"It's just, I got a boot on it," Prescott said.

A player wearing a boot doesn't diagnos[e] a lot. Kaleb Eulls and P.J. Jones both wore boots all of last season. Eulls played every game. Jones missed two.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24768357/mississippi-state-qb-dak-prescott-says-walking-boot-is-just-precautionary
Go Hogs Go!

sechog

Just heard on ESPN radio sport center. They said nothing to the severity of it. Said it could be his foot or ankle.

Hoggish1

Quote from: lumphog on October 25, 2014, 10:41:17 pm
We can beat state "IF" we don't beat our self.....we can play with anyone

Ataboy!  Take that Cosmo!

Fort Dweller

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 25, 2014, 10:43:41 pm
I'll tell the team something different when I address them tomorrow. I'm a big deal.

Remember to hit the high points.  Only one razorback, move a mountain, mt. Dew is the best soda ever, and so on.

You got this. 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ballz2thewall

spit coffee on this!

there's hardly a way to stop a guy like that.  he's the most difficult to scheme for, because matchups don't work.  havoc players are exactly that - havoc.

a game like this has to be tight, and we've got to score on turnovers, among other things we must do right.
The rest of the frog.

MuskogeeHogFan

He's good, no doubt about that. Unbeatable? No.
Go Hogs Go!

hoghiker

precautionary? a boot. Does he have a head cold? ED? Stubbed toe. Seems odd.

zane

You don't get a boot as a precaution. You get a boot because you tweaked something.

RIP LSUfan

mbgrulz

Quote from: zane on October 26, 2014, 10:22:57 am
You don't get a boot as a precaution. You get a boot because you tweaked something.

rusvegashog

We need Josh Robinson in a boot. Looks like an even better Dennis Johnson.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: zane on October 26, 2014, 10:22:57 am

In sports they do, they will put you in a boot until they have a definitive answer.

Heck we have had players put in precautionary boots before.

The boot just gives support in case there is something injured.

Danny J

Quote from: rusvegashog on October 26, 2014, 11:14:27 am
We need Josh Robinson in a boot. Looks like an even better Dennis Johnson.
Yeah...he worries me a ton. We have to tackle him on first contact.

pigheaded

Have Spaight man up on him
My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

lefty08

Better than Dennis Johnson??????? You watch your dang mouth
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

zane

Quote from: theenemy on October 26, 2014, 11:14:59 am
In sports they do, they will put you in a boot until they have a definitive answer.

Heck we have had players put in precautionary boots before.

The boot just gives support in case there is something injured.

Again- you don't just throw a boot on arbitrarily.

He obviously tweaked something to his foot/ankle

Granted- it could range from a painful hangnail to a sprain
RIP LSUfan

JoeyCapital

Quote from: clutch on October 25, 2014, 11:41:58 pm
Prescott isn't a top heisman contender for no reason.

This made me think of the famous Jameis, "we didn't come here for no reason" line.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

rusvegashog

Quote from: Danny J on October 26, 2014, 11:49:22 am
Yeah...he worries me a ton. We have to tackle him on first contact.
Easier said than done I'm afraid, but your right got to wrap him up quick. After watching what Chubb did to us I'm a little worried to say the least.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on October 25, 2014, 11:41:58 pm
Not me. Prescott isn't a top heisman contender for no reason. Plus we've historically struggled with guys like him. Hopefully that's not the case with this years defense.

We've rested Ellis 2 weeks just for prescott!  While I don't know if that's exactly true our LB depth has gotten some great snaps to assist in controlling prescott.

Something you got to recognize is our tackling is as good as its been in the past 4-6 years when we've faced these mullen/malzahn/Meyer type QB's.  We have the best set of LB's in my opinion to control a prescott type as we've had since tebow came on the scene.  He will get his no doubt, he still needs other players, a solid defense, and the dang COWBELL's to help him out. 

rusvegashog

Quote from: lefty08 on October 26, 2014, 12:37:31 pm
Better than Dennis Johnson??????? You watch your dang mouth
Ha! I hear ya. Not many folks a bigger fan of DJ than me, but it's all about ball security(unfortunately) if you know what I mean.

WashUhog6

Quote from: zane on October 26, 2014, 12:37:52 pm

Exactly. A boot doesn't mean you broke or sprained anything, but it does mean something is at least painful. The boot is for protecting motion or stress in the foot/ankle/lower leg. I'm sure he'll play on Saturday but he's at least a little banged up.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: zane on October 26, 2014, 12:37:52 pm

Sorry.....he without a doubt tweaked something....he was limping in the 4th quarter but continued playing.

I meant you can't tell the severity of the injury just due to being in a boot.

woodhog14

Quote from: Paul on October 25, 2014, 11:47:54 pm
We play well there

No we don't. We struggle there most of the time.

rusvegashog

^^^^agreed. Not an e z place to play by any means.

26.2Hog

Well, traditionally we don't own them in Starkville, where we're 6-5. And 4 of those 6 wins came when State had losing seasons, and was terrible.

Vantage 8 dude

Yep, no doubt the greatest legend in your own mind.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Deeznutts on October 25, 2014, 11:43:24 pm
They have a park ball defense. Keep the ball away from him. He can't hurt us without the ball.

you're correct that without him, the offense may be "regular".
The rest of the frog.

sowmonella

We need to pound Prescott early and often.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

rude1

IMO the key to this game is winning on first down with our running game. Do that and you sustain drives and keep Prescott on the sidelines watching. Have to come out fast and force them to press and play catchup the whole game if we are going to win. If we allow them out to a fast start, GAME OVER.

HF#1

Dak has a full stable of playmakers at his disposal to go with his ability to run and throw it.  We can't stop him and his running back.  Their defense is one of the best nationally and they are especially good in the redzone.

This game will be ugly guys.  Perhaps worse than Georgia IMO.  Too much to stop and we don't have the weapons to keep up. 

Only way we win is if their defensive line has a really bad day and we limit their possessions.  12 play drives ending in Touchdowns are what we need but they don't give up a lot of those.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

popcornhog

Yeah, it's a tough place to play even when they aren't any good.

Still, they're in unfamiliar territory. It wouldn't be a shocker if it is a let down game.
WPS

Pig in the Pokey

he's an interception machine. Just stop the run.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wild Bill Hog

Plus with OM losing, MSU will be charged up to the sky.  Hopefully they will be too hyped.

WarPig88

I remember when this fan base wanted the Ohio St guys to play so there would be no excuses if we beat them.

Now it's a steady drum beat of the other team's best player may not be ready for us!

I hope he is ready and healthy.

Go Hogs.