Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remaining Schedule...

Started by JackTNHogfan, October 25, 2014, 10:10:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How do we favor in the remaining four games?

Win all 4...Finish 8-4 and 4-4 in conference
15 (4.6%)
Win 3...Finish 7-5 and 3-5 in conference
38 (11.6%)
Win 2...Finish 6-6 and 2-6 in conference
138 (42.2%)
Win 1...Finish 5-7 and 1-7 in conference
87 (26.6%)
Win none...Finish 4-8 and 0-8 in conference
49 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 323

JackTNHogfan

I say we win one.  Not ideal but at least we get the monkey off our back.  What say you?

code red

After what I saw tonite with ole miss defense.....we can only beat Missouri
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jcharkansas

It's gonna be tuff  to win any with all the over throws when receivers do get open, special team problems. Mizzou maybe. Everyone else looks to be very difficult, Mizzou is no slouch either tho

BENTON PIGGEE

I think we have a good chance of upsetting either LSU or Missouri. I don't think we'll beat the Misses this year. :'(

Bubba's Bruisers

I've said 5-7 since the beginning.  I've seen nothing that would make me revise that prediction.  1 SEC win.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

311Hog

after watching the LSU Ole Piss game i think we have a better than good chance to beat either of them. Mainly because it is at home.  We can do to Ole Miss what LSU did, and i think without their home crowd we can stand toe to toe with LSU.

I think any of the 4 options above have about the same "chance" to happen.  SEC is tough real tough.  Special teams have to improve though that part scares me.

LJHOG

we might win the Mizzou game, if Mauk plays poorly.  Don't see much of a chance in the other three.

cosmodrum

Should beat Mizzou. Could beat LSU.

I'm going to be a very disagreeable POS if we win 4 games.
Go away, batin'

Oklahawg

Mizzou looks beatable - wish it was at RRS!

LSU looks like they are getting their act together. Ouch.

At this point we will benefit from two being in RRS and there being some scheduling things in our favor. I can't help but think that OM having nobody, an off-date and UA in front of MS State should actually help us.

Injuries all the way around may really be important if we are to get to a bowl.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Southpointhog

Lets see how LSU looks on the road.....nothing there.....barely beat a real crappy Florida....because Muschamp gave it away!

elksnort

Winning three or four will not happen.

spiritof92

Torn between 2 and 3.  After watching Ole Miss' defense get manhandled tonight I think they are beatable.  Obviously some people saw something different than what I saw tonight.  I saw an LSU team that turned the ball over 4 times and still beat OM.  I also saw the crowd get in Wallace's head completely unnerving him (game is in Fayetteville). 

clutch

Quote from: code red on October 25, 2014, 10:15:26 pm

It took you this long to realize that ole miss has one of the top defenses in the country?

They actually didn't look as good tonight as usual.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Anyone can win on Saturday, this is why we play the games on the field and not on the message boards.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

HF#1

Wait and see for me...  I think we can probably beat Mizzou.  State no, Ole Miss, slight chance I think, LSU maybe, Mizzou like our chances..
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

mlloyd4

any and all of the remaining 4 games are winnable for the Hogs. You got to believe that as a player and you have to encourage that if you are a coach. And... it's the truth. Anything can happen in a game. The Hogs have proved that they can compete at the highest level, they just need to turn the corner and win at the highest level.
WPS

bruisemeister

The Razorbacks have only 2 SEC football wins in the last 3 years. Only one was in the State of Arkansas. That one was never completed due to weather. To sum it up, the Razorbacks have not had a SEC win at home in a completed game. The home fans have not seen the victory formation, the opponents trying to make a score close, a game deciding final defensive stand or a game winning final drive by the Hogs in a SEC game in 3 years. With Ole Miss and LSU left on the schedule, it looks like we may have to wait until 2015 for this to occur. The home games with be Mississippi State, Auburn and Missouri. I say it will be Missouri at the season's end.

Wants2Win

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 25, 2014, 11:18:55 pm
Torn between 2 and 3.  After watching Ole Miss' defense get manhandled tonight I think they are beatable.  Obviously some people saw something different than what I saw tonight.  I saw an LSU team that turned the ball over 4 times and still beat OM.  I also saw the crowd get in Wallace's head completely unnerving him (game is in Fayetteville).
The Ole miss defense gave up 10 points at night in Baton Rouge and that's being manhandled to you? I respectfully disagree.

Dirty

Quote from: Wants2Win on October 26, 2014, 07:54:38 am
The Ole miss defense gave up 10 points at night in Baton Rouge and that's being manhandled to you? I respectfully disagree.

If and I say If....Turnovers by LSU and it would have been more.  IMO.

You can also say if for Ole Miss!  We know we play the IF GAME here a lot.

Wants2Win

Quote from: Dirty on October 26, 2014, 07:57:08 am
If and I say If....Turnovers by LSU and it would have been more.  IMO.

You can also say if for Ole Miss!  We know we play the IF GAME here a lot.
Turnovers...seems like good defense to me, unless LSU had 4 fumbled snaps.

Music City Hog

Remember all the preseason predictions of 8,9,even 10 wins?  I remember laughing at all the insanity.

I'll say this,  I think we have improved more than most of even the biggest pampers thought on the field.  Certainly, more than I expected. Despite, that, we still won't win 6 and go to a bowl.  This league is difficult and we have much more improvement to make to be at the 8,9,10 win range.

HognotinMemphis

the Hogs will not score on offense vs Ole Miss. The only game the Hogs will be competitive in is at Mizzou and they will still lose that one. 0-8. Only coach in over 60 years at U of A to go winless in conference over 2 consecutive seasons. This program wasn't so bad that it should go 0-16 over 2 yrs in SEC.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Music City Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 26, 2014, 08:37:58 am
the Hogs will not score on offense vs Ole Miss. The only game the Hogs will be competitive in is at Mizzou and they will still lose that one. 0-8. Only coach in over 60 years at U of A to go winless in conference over 2 consecutive seasons. This program wasn't so bad that it should go 0-16 over 2 yrs in SEC.

Unfortunately, it was.

Wants2Win

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 26, 2014, 08:51:13 am
Unfortunately, it was.
No, it wasn't. We took a grass fire and threw gasoline on it.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Wants2Win on October 26, 2014, 09:00:55 am
sums it up. Typical for Arkansas tho.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

bphi11ips

LSU made 22 first downs, rushed for 264 yards, had over 400 yards total offense, and held the ball for 36 minutes.  Sound familiar?

Arkansas matches up better against Ole Miss than it does against LSU.  Bo Wallace was 14 of 33 passing.  The only thing that kept the game close was 4 turnovers for LSU and a missed chip shot field goal.  Ole Miss didn't turn it over until the final play.  Wallace will need a hot hand against Arkansas if Ole Miss is going to leave Fayetteville with a win.  Arkansas is going to need patience with the running game.  LSU ran 55 times against Ole Miss and threw just 16 passes.  On the 95 yard winning drive beginning at the 5:59 mark of the fourth quarter, LSU ran 12 straight before scoring on a wide open 3 yard play action pass.  That's the way you win in the SEC against the big boys.  For that matter, it's always been the way you win big games in college football.  That's why what Bielema is building will work eventually.

I don't know about Missouri, but we should be able to run on them as well.  I don't see us beating LSU or Miss. State absent a typical flat road game from LSU or Dak Prescott being hampered by injury.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on October 25, 2014, 11:31:24 pm
Anyone can win on Saturday, this is why we play the games on the field and not on the message boards.

Thanks, coach madden

hogcard1964

We win a squeaker against LSU.  We've got them at home this year, thank God.  And we should stomp Mizzou pretty decisively as well.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 26, 2014, 09:46:02 am
We win a squeaker against LSU.  We've got them at home this year, thank God.  And we should stomp Mizzou pretty decisively as well.
yeah. Home field advantage has worked well for us over past 4 years. Lol.

spiritof92

Did you actually watch the game?  Yes, Ole Miss' defense was pushed around.  LSU kept turning the ball over or this would have been a comfortable win for LSU. 

spiritof92

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 26, 2014, 09:42:03 am
Arkansas matches up better against Ole Miss than it does against LSU. 

This ^

As I was watching the game last night I kept thinking "imagine what the Hogs' O-line is going to do to these guys". 

JT_Dav

Am I the only one that saw KENTUCKY put up over 500 yards on State?  And if not for an onside kick returned for 6, they would have had a chance to tie.  Surely we aren't worse than Kentucky, and if we are, I still won't admit it.

Wants2Win

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 26, 2014, 11:32:45 am
Did you actually watch the game?  Yes, Ole Miss' defense was pushed around.  LSU kept turning the ball over or this would have been a comfortable win for LSU.
I saw ole miss taking the ball away.

goneal

Quote from: JT_Dav on October 26, 2014, 11:41:26 am
Am I the only one that saw KENTUCKY put up over 500 yards on State?  And if not for an onside kick returned for 6, they would have had a chance to tie.  Surely we aren't worse than Kentucky, and if we are, I still won't admit it.

What you saw was most of the rest of the SEC getting much better, faster than Arkansas.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Westcoasthog

Arkansas could win all 4 games.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: Westcoasthog on October 26, 2014, 01:32:41 pm
     Arkansas could win all 4 games.
Could ... But they won't .. Mizzou are only shot

spiritof92

Quote from: Wants2Win on October 26, 2014, 12:54:22 pm
I saw ole miss taking the ball away.

Yeah, they did...twice.  Both times were LSU RBs fighting for an extra yard.  Still doesn't take away from the fact the LSU O-line and FB manhandled the Ole Miss defensive front.  They also played Bama and A&M similar to how we played them.  That's why I don't think the Hogs beating Ole Miss at Razorback stadium is a stretch.

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: JT_Dav on October 26, 2014, 11:41:26 am

That qb is no joke. Stoops will have them running here pretty soon to make a push in the east one of these years. I don't think they're better than us but if it was in lexington, I wouldn't put money on the hogs.

Pig Worshipper

Correct!

spiritof92

LSU shot themselves in the foot repeatedly but were kicking Ole Miss' defense all over the place.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Wants2Win on October 26, 2014, 09:00:55 am

Asinine
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

choppedporkextrasauce

All 4 games are winnable but Lsu is horrible on every other play. We should beat miles and the drunk.

Harleigh Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 26, 2014, 08:37:58 am

I will bet you a two week self banishment that we do score on offense against the rebels.

LJHOG

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 25, 2014, 10:40:05 pm
Should beat Mizzou. Could beat LSU.

I'm going to be a very disagreeable POS if we win 4 games.
Then you'd best get get yourself a script for valium or xanax and take the reason of the season off.

opineonswine

If we were to win 2 of the next 4 it would be an amazing accomplishment and testament to the huge progress we've made this year.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: opineonswine on October 26, 2014, 05:40:56 pm
If we were to win 2 of the next 4 it would be an amazing accomplishment and testament to the huge progress we've made this year.

Agreed
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jkstock04

I still think we somehow sneak out a SEC victory, but I have no idea who it's gonna be against. We are gonna be underdogs in every game left.

Personally, I think it's important that Bielema gets a signature win under his belt. Beating Miss St this weekend seems like a daunting task, but it would easily be considered a signature win...and would prove he has us heading in the right direction.

In Petrinos first year we were able beat LSU (who was ranked #1 I do believe) and it boosted overall morale like none other...point being here it's not like an upset this huge in our favor is unheard of in our program history...even recent history.

We are due some dumb luck...if we can win the turnover margin by a landslide...limit our own mistakes...coaches have a great game plan...and have some dumb luck bounce our way maybe this will be our weekend.

Like I said I think we're due and I think we sneak a win out somewhere. I'm not calling for us to win this weekend, but man it would be awesome if we could pull it off.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 26, 2014, 11:34:57 am
This ^

As I was watching the game last night I kept thinking "imagine what the Hogs' O-line is going to do to these guys".
Yeah...on the first drive of the game. Then the O line will disappear and/or our OC will suddenly start calling passing plays and we will not score again. Final score:

Ole Miss - 31
Hogs - 7

HatfieldHog

The Hogs won their last game of the year Saturday.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

chenalhog

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 26, 2014, 11:34:57 am
This ^

LSU off line  is pretty good