Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Makes Me Proud...

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, October 25, 2014, 09:43:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Acehawg

Dang guys, it's just a game no reason to get so defensive.  I'm sure we'll win a SEC game someday. 

Until then fans and posters are gonna complain.  Get used to it.

MountieDawg

I am all for winning the right way. But losing the right way is still losing .Coaches don't get paid to lose the right way.
SEC!

root_hawg

My best friend has a nephew playing for K State and an assistant coach told him to skip a class cause he wanted him to get some extra reps in and the kid told him no.  The coach asked him if he wasn't passionate about football and the kid say "Yes sir I am but my momma will kick my butt and yours if I don't go to my classes."

Momma knows what's best....

WarPig88

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 25, 2014, 09:43:54 am
Watching ESPN Gameday and just heard Brady Hoke (Michigan coach on the hotseat) commenting on the game with Michigan State today. He said, "who doesn't want to be involved in this? Some kids may miss a class here and there prior to the game in order to get some extra preparation".

You miss classes at Arkansas, you let down in any aspect, which stresses academics as much as football, and you are penalized on the field. This is why Bielema stresses that he seeks "uncommon men". He is teaching life lessons to these kids. If you want to have success, there aren't any shortcuts. You do it, but you do it in the right way. Bielema stresses that while you are here to play football, attending class and making your grades are a part of that disciplined environment.

Bielema wants to build a successful football team, but I think that he also believes that he is training young men to go forth in life and be successful, productive citizens because of the life lessons that they have learned by being a part of his program. Football is his primary responsibility, but he has a responsibility to the parents who send their kids to him, trusting that he will treat them right and teach them good habits.

I know we haven't reached the level of wins that anyone wants, but to win you have to be disciplined, and he is teaching that to these kids in all aspects of life. We aren't "there" yet, but I am confident that we will get to the wins eventually.

In the meantime I am proud to have a HC and staff that makes the kids on the team achieve success, but in the right way and will produce Arkansas Grads who will represent the school well when their careers at Arkansas are over. As much as we all want to win and love to win, it isn't just about football. It is about the quality of the "men" that emerge from the program.

JMO

Seriously, I don't disagree with the sentiment, but this is EXACTLY the same stuff you could find on the old HI site back around 2000 and 2001. 

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons."   

I'll take a more wait and see approach and in the mean time I expect to win more than a few conference games.               

mlloyd4

Criticism of the Hogs lack of wining in SEC is valid criticism. If it goes over the top, say it turns into flying banners of RRS saying BB can't win in the SEC, well that would be very bad. If it's message board comments like hey that QB isn't good enough to win, or that secondary isn't good enough to win, or the O line is too slow, or the WRs aren't talented enough, or the OC sucks. Well as long as it doesn't get personal, most of that is normal fan base reaction kind of stuff considering the losing streak and all of the circus history of the program before BB took over. What makes me proud is that this team competes on the field every game; they don't give up. That is strength of character and the team was missing it last season and the season before that. But they still need to win a SEC game to get over that hump. Nothing wrong with saying that. As a fan, it doesn't make me a hater; it makes me a realist.
WPS