Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU 10 ... Ole Miss 7 ... Final from Baton Rouge

Started by jbcarol, October 25, 2014, 09:21:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jfred59

jbcarol

Ole Miss 1st and 10 near the LSU 33 with :21 and no time outs

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Delay of game on Ole Miss makes it a 47 harder

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Fort Dweller

I know it's for baseball, but...

Ole
Miss
At
Home
Again
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

jbcarol

jfred59

Wallace showed his real self.  Walked right off the field..

passinghog

Pulled(PP)pork

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Pig Worshipper

Fort Dweller

Fort Dweller

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  52s 52 seconds ago
Students rush the field. RT @BarrecaAdvocate: #LSU

jbcarol

[vine]Oh22VPDMdzd[/vine]
Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  8m 8 minutes ago
#LSU https://vine.co/v/Oh22VPDMdzd

There are 20,000 students on the field. #LSU

cypert2

Total bonehead play at the end by OM. OM loses and Hogs win. Pretty good Saturday.
Swinging on the two and the four.

jfred59

Freese must  have taken lessons from Blake Anderson.  This was the same as the fake punt from his own 6

Fort Dweller

Quote from: jfred59 on October 25, 2014, 10:13:10 pm
Freese must  have taken lessons from Blake Anderson.  This was the same as the fake punt from his own 6

That was horrible too

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau @LSUBeatTweet  ·  1h 1 hour ago
That was Anthony Jennings' fourth TD pass in a fourth quarter since the Arkansas game last season.

jbcarol

Matt Boudreaux @MattBoudreaux  ·  8m 8 minutes ago
Les: "I miss you, mom" #LSU

jbcarol

Shea Dixon @Sheadixon  ·  14m 14 minutes ago
So this happened. Trey Quinn crowd surfs in Tiger Stadium.

Sivad

Quote from: jfred59 on October 25, 2014, 09:52:51 pm
Wallace showed his real self.  Walked right off the field..
That was pure bush league. Wallace is a jerk.

jbcarol

Randy Rosetta @RandyRosetta  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Announced attendance: 102.321. Matches #LSU record set when Miss. State was in town.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  28m 28 minutes ago
This is the first time #LSU stormed the field since Auburn in 2001

jbcarol

Jim Kleinpeter @JimKleinpeter  ·  13m 13 minutes ago
#LSU coach Les Miles received his second game ball. This one because his mother passed away night before.First vs Florida for his 100th win

davglo35

I absolutely cannot believe they didnt attempt the fg. I saw freeze tell wallace to go back on the field during the timeout and wallace goes "what"? It was one of the most questionable decisions of the season so far. Reckon how the little kicker feels with his coach showing all that confidence in him.

spiritof92

I'm sure Freeze wanted Wallace to throw to that short receiver and just get the 5 yards back.  Wallace was probably told to try the end zone if the safety bit on what appeared to be a short flag route or something inside.  Obviously the safety didn't bite and stayed with the deep receiver and Wallace threw it there in double coverage anyway. 

Play call made sense to me.  Wallace's decision did not. 

Rzbakfromwaybak

Ole Miss lost, because of that delay of game penalty on the field goal try, that evidently
pushed them out of FG range.

Inexcusable.  Should have had his field goal team on that field, & ready to snap
the ball.  9 seconds left & no timeouts.  Boneheaded error.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

Parrish Alford @parrishalford  ·  9h 9 hours ago
Video from the Hugh Freeze postgame after #OleMiss falls 10-7 at LSU. http://insideolemisssports.com/2014/10/25/video-blog-24-lsu-upsets-3-rebels/ ...

Freeze said LSU had 12 men on the field and the refs stood over the ball messing them up on the delay of game in field goal position.

He said Wunderlich did not like kicking off that hash and we wanted a pass to the other sideline and out of bounds or incomplete. 

He said Wallace checked off and went for the end zone.  [Wallace did appear to change the play at the line.]

Freeze said he called the sneak on 4th down in the prior drive that was snuffed out.

spiritof92

That's what I figured.  It was obvious Freeze was just wanted that 5 yards back and Wallace forced the end zone pass. 

SA Hog Fan

Yeah, Freeze looked dumbfounded that Wallace was slinging it down field.

jbcarol

AP Top 25 @AP_Top25  ·  6h 6 hours ago
Fan dies of heart attack in stands at LSU's Tiger Stadium during 10-7 win vs Ole Miss http://apne.ws/1spG8kk

jbcarol

Aslan Hodges @AslanHodges  ·  16h 16 hours ago
What happens when you ask a random (and apparently drunk) LSU fan to be your cameraman:

jbcarol

Riley Blevins @Riley_Blevins  ·  16h 16 hours ago
"Im not gonna talk about it...1-on-1. Threw it up. He made a play" Video of Wallace talking about INT in final secs http://www.clarionledger.com/media/cinematic/video/17947935/bo-wallace-we-didnt-make-the-plays-when-he-had-to/ ...

spiritof92

If he still thinks it was one on one then that explains everything.

NaturalStateReb

I would have just let Wunderlich kick it from 47, which was still within his range, but I see what Freeze was trying to do--get a little bit of the yardage back and make the kick easier.

Unfortunately, when Freeze put the offense back out, he put Wallace in position to make a bad decision and Wallace took advantage.  Wallace is a great physical specimen, but he's just not very smart.  Part of the reason we've had "Good Bo" for so long is because the defense has been good enough to allow Freeze to keep Wallace on a short leash. 

From what I gather, Freeze gave Wallace instructions to take the short throw in the flat or throw it away.  Wallace checked it off, and then forced a throw into double coverage.  You've got to know that Wallace is in Freeze's doghouse. 

Still, Ole Miss has had and can continue to have a great season.  7-1 with a victory over Alabama is still pretty great.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

On Monday, the SEC fined LSU $5,000 for a violation of its anti-field rushing policy.

"While we understand the excitement and enthusiasm that are produced by a victory, it must be emphasized that significant risk of injury for student-athletes and fans alike can result from incidents such as these," SEC commissioner Mike Slive said in a statement.

QuoteLSU is the third SEC school to receive a field-rushing fine this fall. Ole Miss was slapped with a $50,000 fine for rushing the field after a 23-17 win over Alabama, and Kentucky was hit with a $25,000 fine after beating South Carolina 45-38, both on Oct. 4.

SEC bylaws state "access to competition areas shall be limited to participating student-athletes, coaches, officials, support personnel and properly-credentialed individuals at all times. For the safety of participants and spectators alike, at no time before, during or after a contest shall spectators be permitted to enter the competition area. It is the responsibility of each member institution to implement procedures to ensure compliance with this policy."

Considering No. 16 LSU next plays No. 3 Alabama on a Saturday night in Death Valley on Nov. 8, athletics director Joe Alleva would be thrilled to join Ole Miss and Kentucky as a repeat offender.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  3 hours ago
Bo Wallace calls for Ole Miss offense to be more aggressive | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/DuhRb

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau @LSUBeatTweet  ·  Oct 28
Meanwhile, SEC collects 5K for the coffers while publicizing picture of LSU rush party on its website. "Don't do this, but man, it's cool"