Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Open Scrimmage At Vilonia High School

Started by chiefhawg, October 24, 2014, 08:46:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

TomBigBeeHog

"The state of Arkansas is one big community. People care for one another in a way that's indescribable," said Anderson.

Apparently this guy has never spent any time on Hogville.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

RxRazorback

W88 Pig S88ie!

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

The Hogfather

mhuff

Quote from: RxRazorback on October 24, 2014, 10:02:41 pm
This is awesome.

That community has had really bad luck. However, I think it important to let them know they are not alone.

kibster

I hope I can make it.  I have something to do that morning that may run a long, but I may find an excuse to leave early because I want to go see this.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

azhog10

jbcarol

Razorback Basketball @RazorbackMBB  ·  10 minutes ago
Packed house at Vilonia High School as the Razorbacks are off and running! #Fastest40 #ArkansasStrong

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Razorod

HF#1

I was at the scrimmage.  Here are some of my thoughts...

1. Bell will be more consistent this season.  He drained his first three tre's.

2. Qualls will be even more of a superstar this year.  His shot is smoother and his drives are more fluid imo.

3. I'm still not sure what we will do at the PG spot.  Madden handles the ball quite a bit still. 

4. Dusty Hannah can really shoot it.  Not sure why he struggled at Texas Tech.  He will contribute when he plays.  He's a little undersized.

5. Portis and Kingsley will be defensive giants.  Folks will fear us inside. 

I really like the overall makeup of this team. We got ourselves a contender, again, finally.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

-Blu

Quote from: HF#1 on November 02, 2014, 06:28:30 pm

2. Qualls will be even more of a superstar this year.  His shot is smoother and his drives are more fluid imo.

3. I'm still not sure what we will do at the PG spot.  Madden handles the ball quite a bit still. 

4. Dusty Hannah can really shoot it.  Not sure why he struggled at Texas Tech.  He will contribute when he plays.  He's a little undersized.

I really like the overall makeup of this team. We got ourselves a contender, again, finally.

How'd Durham and Beard do?

intelligence

Quote from: HF#1 on November 02, 2014, 06:28:30 pm

That is great news. Thank you for the updates good sir.

jbcarol

Matt Zimmerman retweeted
Paige Sowell @Paigeanne  ·  43 minutes ago
Ace hardly came up to @BPortistime waist! Thanks for the memories @ArkRazorbacks

Bobby BP Portis @BPortistime  ·  10 minutes ago
Hope the people of Vilonia had as great a time today as I did. Great day to be a Razorback. #WPS

Mike Qualls @Mr_WALKONAIR  ·  9 minutes ago
Great Sunday giving back to those residents from Vilonia #ArkansasStrong
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Razorback Basketball @RazorbackMBB  · 1 hour ago
#RazorStat leaders from today | Points: Qualls-26, Rebounds: Williams-12, Assists: Madden-11, Deflections: Qualls-8

This guy really likes buzzer beaters. Great end to a great day. #ArkansasStrong Thank You Vilonia https://vine.co/v/OOdXjPXDJM7

[vine]OOdXjPXDJM7[/vine]

The_Iceman

Razorod

Thanks for the info. Heard the crowd had fun!

jbcarol

Scotty Thurman @RustonRifle  ·  2 hours ago
We dedicated this entire weekend to giving back! We dedicate our lives to continuing to make an impact!

sage_dragoon

Quote from: jbcarol on November 02, 2014, 03:48:50 pm
Razorback Basketball @RazorbackMBB  ·  10 minutes ago
Packed house at Vilonia High School as the Razorbacks are off and running! #Fastest40 #ArkansasStrong

haha, im in that pic(grey shirt to the left of the trash can)...my kids had a great time.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

sage_dragoon

I was really impressed with Trey Thompson. Really got on the boards and ran he floor well. Hannahs was on fire too.

XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Danny J

Qualls has that swagger and toughness. He is going to do what he wants against smaller guards. I still think Bell leads the team in scoring. I also still think the lineup will be:

Madden
Bell
Qualls
Harris
Portis

Can't wait for season to officially start.

john

Went to Vilonia today for scrimmage. A few impressions:

Williams looks bigger, had best dunk of game on alley-oop, caught it at top of glass & killed it

Lots of LONG 3's taken

Intensity of game went up with about 10 minutes left-prob a point of emphasis

Keaton Miles can jump rope-he didn't play- I assume for disciplinary reason maybe-his only time off bench was to jump rope for about 5 minutes in 2nd half in the corner of the gym

Dusty Hannah's isn't bad

intelligence

Quote from: Danny J on November 02, 2014, 09:32:56 pm
Qualls has that swagger and toughness. He is going to do what he wants against smaller guards. I still think Bell leads the team in scoring. I also still think the lineup will be:

Madden
Bell
Qualls
Harris
Portis

Can't wait for season to officially start.

If we trot this lineup out against ISU they will murder us if Jones starts at the 2 for them. we absolutely must have qualls or miles on Jones at all times.we must go big to beat ISU on the road.

i think

madden
qualls
williams
portis
kingsley

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: intelligence on November 02, 2014, 09:58:07 pm
If we trot this lineup out against ISU they will murder us if Jones starts at the 2 for them.

oooh. I scare.  ;D
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Big Nasty 34

If the last two scrimmages are any indication. Williams may have a big year for us. We need it, he is one of those matchup nightmares that we need.

Wish Hannah's was eligible this year. I think he will be big help next year.

sage_dragoon

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 02, 2014, 10:40:16 pm
If the last two scrimmages are any indication. Williams may have a big year for us. We need it, he is one of those matchup nightmares that we need.

Wish Hannah's was eligible this year. I think he will be big help next year.

Jacori still made ALOT of bonehead/out of control plays. He looks ripped though.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: john on November 02, 2014, 09:49:00 pm
Went to Vilonia today for scrimmage. A few impressions:

Williams looks bigger, had best dunk of game on alley-oop, caught it at top of glass & killed it

Lots of LONG 3's taken

Intensity of game went up with about 10 minutes left-prob a point of emphasis

Keaton Miles can jump rope-he didn't play- I assume for disciplinary reason maybe-his only time off bench was to jump rope for about 5 minutes in 2nd half in the corner of the gym

Dusty Hannah's isn't bad
Qualls posted a video of him dunking on Miles in practice and it looked like Miles was a little shaken up after he got up so he could have been hurt.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Big Nasty 34

Those guys shooting well in a closed background high school gym is no surprise. They need to be  able to do that in an unfamiliar, open arena!

SPAL

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 03, 2014, 06:22:17 am
Those guys shooting well in a closed background high school gym is no surprise. They need to be  able to do that in an unfamiliar, open arena!

Because they spend a lot of time practicing at vilonia high school. I guess we just have to find something to gripe about.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 03, 2014, 08:27:33 am
Because they spend a lot of time practicing at vilonia high school. I guess we just have to find something to gripe about.

It's not really a gripe, just a fact for shooters. Shooting in a closed gym is much easier with depth perception. We light it up in Bud because we're used to it, but can hardly hit a thing in arenas we're not used too. If you've done much shooting in open arenas it takes a lot more focus on the rim compared to a gym with a fixed background. Just depth perception really.

I just believe that's why Bell missed most of his early shots badly in the red white game, but comes out stroking it in a place he's never played.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 03, 2014, 08:32:11 am
It's not really a gripe, just a fact for shooters. Shooting in a closed gym is much easier with depth perception. We light it up in Bud because we're used to it, but can hardly hit a thing in arenas we're not used too. If you've done much shooting in open arenas it takes a lot more focus on the rim compared to a gym with a fixed background. Just depth perception really.

I just believe that's why Bell missed most of his early shots badly in the red white game, but comes out stroking it in a place he's never played.

I will agree with you on the difference between Bud Walton and a place like Verizon arena. But Bud Walton and every other SEC are practically the same layout.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 03, 2014, 08:38:40 am
I will agree with you on the difference between Bud Walton and a place like Verizon arena. But Bud Walton and every other SEC are practically the same layout.

Well, if that's the case and depth perception isn't an issue, then we have bigger issues than I thought. Guess it really is a lack of mental toughness.

JIHawg

I think the baskets are ten ft or so high in most gyms.  Vilonia's gym is probably a lot like Ole Ms and Ms State's gyms.  Walton is like SC's, since theirs was modeled after ours.  It's good to have different venues to practice in. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: JIHawg on November 03, 2014, 09:17:33 am
I think the baskets are ten ft or so high in most gyms.  Vilonia's gym is probably a lot like Ole Ms and Ms State's gyms.  Walton is like SC's, since theirs was modeled after ours.  It's good to have different venues to practice in.

Yeah but the rims are so soft in Vilonia's gym. I think the rims are made of a special alloy of lead and red jello. Makes for a nice "shooters roll".

HF#1

Quote from: -Blu on November 02, 2014, 06:31:03 pm
How'd Durham and Beard do?

Both do a good job getting to the bucket off the bounce.  Beard is more of a scorer than Durham but Durham just looks like he belongs out there.

Make no mistake though, Madden is the floor general of this team.  He was barking out orders all over the place.  Directing guys in the proper positions. 

One thing I love about this team is they ALL communicate, especially defensively.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2014, 10:27:56 am
Both do a good job getting to the bucket off the bounce.  Beard is more of a scorer than Durham but Durham just looks like he belongs out there.

Make no mistake though, Madden is the floor general of this team.  He was barking out orders all over the place.  Directing guys in the proper positions. 

One thing I love about this team is they ALL communicate, especially defensively.

So, looks as if Madden is going to start at point along with Bell, Qualls, Portis and either Harris/Williams. When Durham comes into the game, Madden will slide over to the off guard position.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 03, 2014, 10:32:42 am
So, looks as if Madden is going to start at point along with Bell, Qualls, Portis and either Harris/Williams. When Durham comes into the game, Madden will slide over to the off guard position.

We'll get our first chance to see the lineup Friday.

HF#1

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 03, 2014, 10:32:42 am

I think Mike has to make sure he can trust Beard or Durham in game situations before he moves Madden to the 2.  I understand that Durham and Beard are true point guards, but Madden isn't a bad point guard by any stretch.

Danny J

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2014, 10:45:56 am
I think Mike has to make sure he can trust Beard or Durham in game situations before he moves Madden to the 2.  I understand that Durham and Beard are true point guards, but Madden isn't a bad point guard by any stretch.
Yep and that is going to be CMA's mindset as well especially for the first month or two.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Danny J on November 03, 2014, 11:12:37 am
Yep and that is going to be CMA's mindset as well especially for the first month or two.

but if MA goes with this mindset (which I like btw), an unintended consequence might be less minutes for Beard because most of his minutes would come at point and the more Madden plays there the fewer minutes for Beard. Because right now, it seems to be Madden, Durham and then Beard at the 1.

HF#1

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 03, 2014, 12:22:35 pm
but if MA goes with this mindset (which I like btw), an unintended consequence might be less minutes for Beard because most of his minutes would come at point and the more Madden plays there the fewer minutes for Beard. Because right now, it seems to be Madden, Durham and then Beard at the 1.

Beard will split minutes with Durham imo...  At least starting off.  Then once Mike settles on one or the other, Madden will move to the 2.

Danny J

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2014, 12:53:07 pm
Beard will split minutes with Durham imo...  At least starting off.  Then once Mike settles on one or the other, Madden will move to the 2.
I agree.....I think CMA will mix and match but at the beginning of the game and in crunch time it will be the lineup I mentioned above and it should be. That lineup for the first month or two will give us the best chance to win.

HF#1

Quote from: Danny J on November 03, 2014, 02:51:05 pm
I agree.....I think CMA will mix and match but at the beginning of the game and in crunch time it will be the lineup I mentioned above and it should be. That lineup for the first month or two will give us the best chance to win.

Should find out pretty quick with our non conference road games.