Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting FYI UAB had 435 passing yards vs MSU

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, October 24, 2014, 07:23:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

redeye

I asked a MSU fan how that happened and he said UAB threw deep repeatedly, while hitting enough to make it a close game.  I didn't see the game and haven't looked at the stats, so this is second hand information.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: redeye on October 24, 2014, 07:44:42 pm
I asked a MSU fan how that happened and he said UAB threw deep repeatedly, while hitting enough to make it a close game.  I didn't see the game and haven't looked at the stats, so this is second hand information.

Back up QB hit  two 75+ yard TDs.  One when the game was 40-20 midway through the 3rd. The other was 47-27 with under a minute left in the game.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400548017

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Fayettechill14

A lot of UAB's scoring came late in the game. Despite the 13-point final, it was never really a game.

redeye

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 24, 2014, 08:03:01 pm
A lot of UAB's scoring came late in the game. Despite the 13-point final, it was never really a game.

According to the box score, most of UAB's scoring came in the 2nd quarter.  It was 26-20 at half, but MSU scored 21 in the 3rd.

Interestingly, even though UAB had 435 passing yards, they actually had more rushing attempts then passing.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 24, 2014, 07:23:10 pm
Looks like areal assult is coming!

And we'll still beat them 49-14. We're light-years ahead of UAB.
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Augustus

Another stat from that game:  UAB was 3-16 on 3rd down conversions, and 0-2 on 4th.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redeye on October 24, 2014, 08:36:28 pm
According to the box score, most of UAB's scoring came in the 2nd quarter.  It was 26-20 at half, but MSU scored 21 in the 3rd.

Interestingly, even though UAB had 435 passing yards, they actually had more rushing attempts then passing.

Yep 435 total, 297 of which came on just 4 receptions, on their 12 other completions they threw for  138 yards.
Go Hogs Go!

razorsharptusk

Good work out for our secondary.  So many screws that need to be torqued on this team as each week exposes more of our weaknesses for future opponents to exploit.  We need a clean, dominant performance today to get this team ready for #1 next week.  I just hope we are not looking ahead. 

I understand disappointment from working your butt off for something and not obtaining it week after week, but I hope the Hogs see how much just getting to a bowl game would mean to this fan base and program.  Some of us anyway would view that as an improvement.  It's going to be tough if the Hogs can't pull off an SEC win this year and have to carry that another 8 months after being SO close in a couple this year thus far.
GO HOGS!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: razorsharptusk on October 25, 2014, 07:23:21 am
Good work out for our secondary.  So many screws that need to be torqued on this team as each week exposes more of our weaknesses for future opponents to exploit.  We need a clean, dominant performance today to get this team ready for #1 next week.  I just hope we are not looking ahead. 

I understand disappointment from working your butt off for something and not obtaining it week after week, but I hope the Hogs see how much just getting to a bowl game would mean to this fan base and program.  Some of us anyway would view that as an improvement.  It's going to be tough if the Hogs can't pull off an SEC win this year and have to carry that another 8 months after being SO close in a couple this year thus far.

Those kids on the team, as well as the staff, want that bowl berth a lot more than the fans. I think they are more than motivated in that regard.

It's tough to remain absolutely dedicated in your focus on the goal when little mistakes occur every game and pile up stealing away your opportunity for a win, but I think that this staff is doing a good job of getting the kids refocused on the next game after losing three games in a row that they had chances to win. You can hear it in the player interviews on the first page. Heck, Tretola's interview was impressive, sounded like a coach on the field.

In any case, we are playing better and far more competitively than we were at this time last year. Let us hope that we have a strong run through these last 5 games and pick up 3 to 4 wins.
Go Hogs Go!

LJHOG

wut??  fo hunert and thirty-five.  them sum guns might get a 1000 on us.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: drainhog on October 24, 2014, 11:46:18 pm

I love how people talk out their a*s just to act like they know something.

Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote that? I ask because Fayettchill is one of our better Xs and Os guys. Maybe you don't know as much as you think. Hmm...  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

swinesation

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 25, 2014, 09:35:25 am
Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote that? I ask because Fayettchill is one of our better Xs and Os guys. Maybe you don't know as much as you think. Hmm...  ;)

That may be true, but to say a game that was 26-20 at halftime was "never really a game" is obviously wrong. Obviously.

Plus, anybody who would say "Everything I post on this board is carefully calculated, and astronomically more intelligent than any thought that will ever come to your weak, pathetic, asthenic mind" has way too high an opinion of himself.

The_Bionic_Pig

Guy's werw up 35-0 at the half....enjoy the game #WPS
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*