Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More from Jalin Barnett

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 24, 2014, 03:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

RD, thoughts about whether Jalin ends up a Hog?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

MissippHog

It would seem our style of line play would fit this kid to a "T."  Hopefully he will choose us over the others.

ldfergu

Quote from: SemperFi on October 24, 2014, 03:15:09 pm
RD, thoughts about whether Jalin ends up a Hog?

You know all he can offer is a vague statement at best, just gotta be patient

FATHAWG08

October 24, 2014, 11:06:15 pm #4 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:32:56 am by FATHAWG08
I Keep hearing how our line is not built to run screen passes or delayed draws.  With our style of offense those plays would seem to be an important part of our offense.
I love off season Football!!

jgphillips3

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on October 24, 2014, 11:06:15 pm
I Keep hearing how are line is not built to run screen passes or delayed draws.  With our style of offense those plays would seem to be an important part of our offense.

I think they have said our personnel are not well suited to it, not that they intentionally built it that way.  Think along the lines of you may want to full court press but if you don't have the athletes to do it, you don't.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on October 24, 2014, 11:06:15 pm
I Keep hearing how are line is not built to run screen passes or delayed draws.  With our style of offense those plays would seem to be an important part of our offense.

I think players like Barnett, Josh Allen, Ragnow, Merrick and Brian Wallace will fix that issue

FATHAWG08

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 25, 2014, 03:42:03 am
I think players like Barnett, Josh Allen, Ragnow, Merrick and Brian Wallace will fix that issue
I agree more athletic group.
I love off season Football!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 25, 2014, 03:42:03 am

That is a impressive list of lineman...  Merrick and Barnett would be BIG fish.

jjdlc

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on October 25, 2014, 09:56:54 pm
I agree more athletic group.

Not only that, but having quality depth so we don't wear down late in games.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jjdlc on October 26, 2014, 10:17:27 am
Not only that, but having quality depth so we don't wear down late in games.

This....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OLDHOG

Hope he watched Tretola tounchdown pass. Maybe he could be the next o lineman to throw one. I really would like to have this one.

razorbackinthegrove

Anyone heard anything new on this guy?  We need him and Haughton in the worst way!!

opineonswine

I seem to always pick a top recruit to get disappointed by.  While one would think OU would have the edge with this kid, he is my number one hope!

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: opineonswine on November 21, 2014, 06:01:37 pm
I seem to always pick a top recruit to get disappointed by.  While one would think OU would have the edge with this kid, he is my number one hope!

While many of us were let down about S. Thomas last year, I think this is the top guy we get this year. I got a good feeling about this one. I would venture to say that Jalin and Coach Pittman have come to understand each other and want to work with each other on the Hill. JMO though.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

AugustaHog

Jalin reminds me a ton of S. Thomas last year.  He's a great kid with outstanding ability.  I hope we are able to win this battle as I see Jalin as the uncommon kind of young man that we are building with.

ARtillahog

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 22, 2014, 10:56:30 pm
Jalin reminds me a ton of S. Thomas last year.  He's a great kid with outstanding ability.  I hope we are able to win this battle as I see Jalin as the uncommon kind of young man that we are building with.

Speaking of Solly, has anyone heard he might be transferring after this yr?