Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defenses knowing our plays and snap counts

Started by Arazorbackguy1, October 23, 2014, 10:31:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

This started to show up in the 4th quarter when the A&M players were yelling out our plays before they happened. One of the announcers also commented on changing the snap count so as to throw off the edge rusher who was all Over BA on just about every play.

We need to throw in a few Omaha's and Turbo Buffalo's to help when the D's are pinning their ears back and coming after BA.

Some may say it shouldn't matter if they know your play or not, but I disagree. Especially when they are disrupting your backfield so much. Surely they are working on this.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

jkstock04

Pretty sure I remember this being an issue last year as well.

I would say old school footbal prob ain't much for disguising these things.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

onebadrubi

Now the backup QBs are covering the assistant coach signaling play calls.  First time I've seen that was in the UGA game. 

moses_007

Maybe opposing teams have learned Hoganese.

upthehill479

Piggfoot

I've wondered. Especially on short yardage.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PorkRinds

I heard a discussion about this on the radio, and aTm was calling out the plays at the end of the game.  After a full game of playing against an offense, it's really not unusual for them to be able to call certain plays from formations and personnel. 

havok

I think it was Auburn or maybe Texas A&M that said.. they knew the play and "Insinuated" they had decoded our signals.

I'd like to see the "Armband playlist" that Allen wears, changed each quarter..so that signal A in 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter is to a play/formation different than previous quarters....  and start using the hard count a few times too!!!

Qui Gon Jinn

A. ware commented at the Georgia game that it appeared BA was continually using the same snap count and the GA D was using that to get off the line quicker.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

farmhawg

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 23, 2014, 10:31:21 pm
This started to show up in the 4th quarter when the A&M players were yelling out our plays before they happened. One of the announcers also commented on changing the snap count so as to throw off the edge rusher who was all Over BA on just about every play.

We need to throw in a few Omaha's and Turbo Buffalo's to help when the D's are pinning their ears back and coming after BA.

Some may say it shouldn't matter if they know your play or not, but I disagree. Especially when they are disrupting your backfield so much. Surely they are working on this.
Don't count on it.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PORKULATOR

We'll be getting better at that soon, I think BA is starting to take over a little as a leader. He may not have championship skills, but they respect him and he's doing great when given protection and a dry ball.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Martygit

I'm more worried whether or not we know our plays and snap counts than someone else knowing them
RIP OTR, REV

vandybuff

... and to think Vandy doesn't even know their own plays and snap counts .... wow! 
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!