Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I really thought

Started by HamHands, October 23, 2014, 06:59:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamHands

6-6 would be a good season for us. This is still obtainable. I drank a large glass of Kool aid(as usual) before the season. We are close. I think I am just going to trust the coaching staff. All this talk about BB and JC not being right for each other is driving me crazy. We have a bunch of Dr. Phil's on Hogville. WE may or may not go bowling this year. Let's give it time.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
One day at a time.

arlhog

6-6 is do-able.  will be tough  though.   we can play with anybody,   just gotta beat lsu and mizzou.    not impossible at all.   not saying we will but we could. 

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: arlhog on October 23, 2014, 07:28:35 pm
6-6 is do-able.  will be tough  though.   we can play with anybody,   just gotta beat lsu and mizzou.    not impossible at all.   not saying we will but we could.
Believe it or not but I think we have a chance against Mississippi State.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Bubba's Bruisers

6-6 would be a great season for this program right now.  A great season. 

I predicted 5-7, but 6-6 is certainly within reach.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hogfan991 on October 23, 2014, 08:26:09 pm
I don't disagree.  I put both MS Schools in the same category as Bama and Aub.  Granted MS beat Aub, but we woulda/coulda/shoulda... So ill keep my hopes up until the score is final against each team.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogfan991 on October 23, 2014, 08:26:09 pm

So what makes you feel that way? I am curious. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 23, 2014, 08:45:14 pm
So what makes you feel that way? I am curious.
I just get that feeling that we will regain confidence after UAB and we will believe we can hang with them.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Lake City Hog

I really feel better about Ole Miss and LSU, both are in our house and that has to be an advantage. Play a good solid game against MSU and come home feeling pretty good about ourselves.
I think that everything hinges on our O, be productive and put some points on the board and we will put a lot of pressure on our opponents.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogfan991 on October 23, 2014, 08:56:36 pm
I just get that feeling that we will regain confidence after UAB and we will believe we can hang with them.

Well anything is possible.  I don't have faith in going into Mississippi State and winning, but it could happen.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

WarPig88

I think that there is still a good chance for us to get bowl eligible this season. If we do, then this will have been a pretty good season given the schedule and our situation.

hogsanity

Still think the best chance to "steal" a game is old misses.  Bo Wallace is still likely to have a Bo Wallace game, where he makes several plays that make old misses fans wonder what the heck he is doing. Their defense is so good though, they cover a lot of mistakes.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wildhog

Well, to be fair, we should be at least 4-3 right now, going for our fifth win this week.

6-6 is still attainable, if our OC learned anything from the second half of the UGA game.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

code red

I was on the 4-8 bandwagon.  Guys this was a Gauntlet we have gone thru....and mentally, physically and emotionally we did not rise to the occasion.  I thought we need to be much more improved at Q, WR, Kicking and Secondary.  And that is what has killed us thus far.  Our QB play the first half of UGA was just horrid.  A QB with that many TO's in a half...let alone a game...your not going to win that way.  All of our QB's are fine young men...and I am proud to have them represent our university....esp compared to the likes of Jamis.  But...it is what it is.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SemperFi

I think 6-6 is very likely, but I'm holding out hope for 7-5. I think that the Mississippi schools are a key injury or two away from disaster. Take Bo Wallace out of the Ole Miss offense and they become very ineffective. I think the same about MSU and their QB. Both of these guys drive those offenses and should either one get hurt their team dynamics will change quickly. The same could be said about Arkansas, but AC, JWill, Henry and Derby are what really drives our offense outside of the OL, but I think that we have just enough depth there to get us thru the season should an injury happen. The defense was obviously effected by the loss of Ellis and this being football things happen. Maybe I'm reaching.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

code red

Quote from: Wildhog on October 24, 2014, 09:39:57 am
Well, to be fair, we should be at least 4-3 right now, going for our fifth win this week.

6-6 is still attainable, if our OC learned anything from the second half of the UGA game.
This is not a slant or rant toward your post but....did we say the same thing after rutgers.....LSU and Mstate last year??  You got to finish.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Wildhog

Quote from: code red on October 24, 2014, 09:49:18 am
This is not a slant or rant toward your post but....did we say the same thing after rutgers.....LSU and Mstate last year??  You got to finish.

I agree.  The TAMU loss is still infuriating. 

IF Chaney pulls his head out of that enormous ass and starts attacking the middle of the field like we did in the second half of the UGA game, I think we get to six.
1909/1964/1965/1977

kingcam25

Honestly guys I think we can win any game we play but..... We might not win another.

code red

Quote from: Wildhog on October 24, 2014, 09:52:08 am

IF Chaney pulls his head out of that enormous ass and starts attacking the middle of the field like we did in the second half of the UGA game, I think we get to six.
I think Chaney is in a no win situation.  I think he has some reins on him this year....there is no flow to his play calling.  I could see him jumping ship.

The_Iceman

When most people projected 6-6, they didn't account for Ole Miss and Miss State being Top 5 teams.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 24, 2014, 10:04:03 am
When most people projected 6-6, they didn't account for Ole Miss and Miss State being Top 5 teams.

I know I didn't.  I thought the easiest path to 6-6 was 4-0 ooc, and then split the MS schools, and split with Ga and Mizzu.  Never thought LSu would be as pedestrian as they are, or that the MS schools would both be top 5.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

collegestationhog

I came into this season with little expectations. I wasn't expecting 8-4 and was hoping we didn't end up 3-9. Yeah we let two wins get away from us, but it showed we were a few players away, but we were not as far away as most thought.  I think it shows the players here now and recruits looking at coming to Arkansas that we are on our way to great things.  I think we end up 6-6. UAB, MIZZ, ole miss.   

code red

Quote from: collegestationhog on October 24, 2014, 10:09:51 am
I came into this season with little expectations. I wasn't expecting 8-4 and was hoping we didn't end up 3-9. Yeah we let two wins get away from us, but it showed we were a few players away, but we were not as far away as most thought.  I think it shows the players here now and recruits looking at coming to Arkansas that we are on our way to great things.  I think we end up 6-6. UAB, MIZZ, ole miss.   
I said 4-8 but I think you are right....we beat LSU and Missouri.

red_beard_82

I think we can beat LSU and should Mizzou. The game that I think is most interesting is the Ole Miss game. Ifor they and MSU are still undefeated at that point, we set up as a classic trap game for them. It will be hard for them to not be overlooking us as the whole country will all ready be talking about the egg bowl.

hogsanity

Quote from: red_beard_82 on October 24, 2014, 10:23:01 am
I think we can beat LSU and should Mizzou. The game that I think is most interesting is the Ole Miss game. Ifor they and MSU are still undefeated at that point, we set up as a classic trap game for them. It will be hard for them to not be overlooking us as the whole country will all ready be talking about the egg bowl.

If old misses had a average defense, and were winning with offense I would think this was more likely.  Their defense is just nasty.

code red

Quote from: red_beard_82 on October 24, 2014, 10:23:01 am
I could see that...it will depend on our health at that time..and...if its a night game.  If its a 11 am game we will lose.

pfrg999

I was a 5-7 guy before the season started.. Still am....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

alohawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 24, 2014, 09:52:08 am

If Chaney had done that a month ago we'd be 5-2 now.....he needs to go.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Snortingred1

Quote from: alohawg on October 24, 2014, 11:04:03 am
If Chaney had done that a month ago we'd be 5-2 now.....he needs to go.

Attacking the middle of the field.

Wildhog

Quote from: Snortingred1 on October 24, 2014, 11:35:48 am

Attacking the middle of the field.

Love it when folks pull out one or two examples and think they've made a point.  No one that's watched us play can deny that that the vast majority of the time we're running sideline routes.
1909/1964/1965/1977

sickboy

Quote from: kingcam25 on October 24, 2014, 10:01:50 am
Honestly guys I think we can win any game we play but..... We might not win another.

We're not that inconsistent. We'll continue to compete if these guys can stay motivated, but we're not going to lose to UAB.

010HogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on October 24, 2014, 11:50:05 am
Love it when folks pull out one or two examples and think they've made a point.  No one that's watched us play can deny that that the vast majority of the time we're running sideline routes.

you are correct. we do not use the middle of the field for the most part.

hogsanity

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 24, 2014, 12:18:05 pm
you are correct. we do not use the middle of the field for the most part.

I ask this is all seriousness, since I never played QB, could BA be having problems seeing the middle of the field from the pocket because our linemen are so freaking tall, especially on shorter routes?