Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the cause of Arkansas' struggles more on coaching, or the hard schedule?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 23, 2014, 11:35:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Is the struggle of Arkansas more coaching related or schedule related?

Coaching
46 (18.3%)
Hard Schedule
205 (81.7%)

Total Members Voted: 246

code red

We have had the lead in 4 Sec games in the 4th qtr under thus regime....and lost them all.  What do u think? 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Danny J

Captain Crunch

I refuse to vote either of those choices. I blame John L. (Dumb), Jeffy L. ( and Dumber), and Bobby P (the adulterer).

We made our bed with them. Now we're lying in it.
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hoglady

Quote from: Captain Crunch on October 24, 2014, 08:50:24 pm
I refuse to vote either of those choices. I blame John L. (Dumb), Jeffy L. ( and Dumber), and Bobby P (the adulterer).

We made our bed with them. Now we're lying in it.

We are plenty good enough this year to have put up some W's.
Mistakes and special teams have cost us 2 SEC games.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Captain Crunch

Quote from: hoglady on October 24, 2014, 09:12:24 pm

Sure we are, but we haven't won them now have we? This is the cost of doing business with the devil.

Danny J

Quote from: hoglady on October 24, 2014, 09:12:24 pm
Totally agree especially with the latter. If we can correct those two glaring issues we have a chance to beat Ole Miss, LSU and Mizzou. If we can play Bama to a point in Fayetteville we can certainly beat Ole Miss by a point in Fay IF we can fix the stupid penalties but more importantly fix our special teams issues. I still have hope only if this team still believes and has not given up for the season. We will know if they have during the UAB game and how we finish against MSU.

rusvegashog

Rediculous. It's obviously both. Coaching 5% Schedule 95%.wish you would step back from that ledge my friend.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Danny J on October 24, 2014, 09:40:23 pm
Totally agree especially with the latter. If we can correct those two glaring issues we have a chance to beat Ole Miss, LSU and Mizzou. If we can play Bama to a point in Fayetteville we can certainly beat Ole Miss by a point in Fay IF we can fix the stupid penalties but more importantly fix our special teams issues. I still have hope only if this team still believes and has not given up for the season. We will know if they have during the UAB game and how we finish against MSU.

You just don't get it do you? This is a young, fragile team. They aren't there yet. Not good enough to beat aTm and not good enough to hold of Bammer. Mentally fragile enough to collapse at the first sign of trouble against Georgia. Those are the signs of a young, weak-minded team that hasn't put it together.

Wake up. We're about to be eight games into the season. So what if we kill UAB? In 2012, we beat Tulsa late in the year and still finished 4-8. In 2013, we lost nine straight to end the year.

This team has already shown us the path they're headed down. It's the road nobody wants to admit and the one we all fear.

Hey, at least next year looks promising. They're young and they won't be as fragile or as dumb with another year under their belt.

LJHOG

farmhawg

Quote from: hoglady on October 23, 2014, 12:19:51 pm
We have not LOOKED bad this year.
We've let some games slip away due to stupid mistakes - penalties and turnovers.
If we are STILL making these same mistakes next year and continually losing close games then I'll be concerned that it's a pattern.
But for now I'm pleased with the improvement - players have got to quit making mistakes. If they do that, they have a chance to go to a bowl this year.
We are on a two year pattern now, guess a third will make up your mind?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogpkins

Quote from: farmhawg on October 25, 2014, 09:34:54 am
We are on a two year pattern now, guess a third will make up your mind?

So you're saying if a coach loses in his first two seasons then he will never be a winner? I assume the same holds true for a coach that wins his first two years -- he'll never be a loser? Mr. Houston Dale Nutt loves your logic. Glad the people who make the decisions around here these days aren't so shortsighted.