Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is our TEXAS in the SEC

Started by Piggfoot, October 23, 2014, 11:17:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for who you think is the most Texas like in the SEC. You may choose three teams.

Alabama
114 (52.3%)
LSU
75 (34.4%)
Georgia
5 (2.3%)
Florida
26 (11.9%)
Auburn
28 (12.8%)
Tennessee
12 (5.5%)
other
40 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 218

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 11:17:23 am

Pig Worshipper

I say, hands down, it's the North Dakota State Bison. Those guys from the frozen north are the devil. They get College Gameday much more often than we do. Really? Fargo every fall but not Fayetteville?
They've got 11 National Championships and all we have is one measly championship 50 freakin' years ago and one set of SEC West Championship rings courtesy of Houston Dale Nutt.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 24, 2014, 04:59:52 pm
Only an Aggie could post such dung on a Hog message board.

I can assure you, I'm no Aggie. And I love whoppin' the Aggies every chance we get. They're the biggest group of dorks you'll ever be around. They're almost a cult. Scary people, scary people.
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jvanhorn

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 23, 2014, 12:10:01 pm
My most hated was Tennessee when we played them every year.

Bama has easily became the evil empire under Saban.

Is Kentucky the evil empire in basketball?  Isn't this just not wanting to acknowldge that both teams have done a great job recruiting and have coaches that are able to get them to play up to their abilities?  I am not exactly sure how that makes them evil.  Every other coach and school in America would do exactly the same thing if they could.  Espcially in Saban't case he is a textbook on how to coach--and not a hint of scandle.  The other guy--not so much, LOL.

Mizzou Bushwacker

Quote from: TeufelHog on October 23, 2014, 07:21:56 pm
You guys are blind.  It's Mizzou.  How can you not see that already.  The basketball hate is going to crossover big-time and it's a natural rivalry.  Somebody months ago coined the game "AR-MO-GEDDON" and I think it's the perfect moniker.

Yes, let's make this happen.  Don't you Hogs feel the Love?.   ;)

Papawhog

Texas? Let it go. We were never considered their rivalry game. Not even 2nd, 3rd and probably not 4th either. If that's not enough for you, ....! Back when we were in school, none of us would want to be a girls 4th or 5th choice. Change is good. My guess is that LSU may hate us the most. It's LSU.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Papawhog on November 20, 2014, 12:20:12 pm
Texas? Let it go. We were never considered their rivalry game. Not even 2nd, 3rd and probably not 4th either. If that's not enough for you, ....! Back when we were in school, none of us would want to be a girls 4th or 5th choice. Change is good. My guess is that LSU may hate us the most. It's LSU.

UA/Texas was not a rivalry.  It was a hatred.  And still is.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Cinco de Hogo

If ya'll hated Bama the way FCJ hates them instead of making fun of his hate the answer would be clear.  However even though Bama leads the poll they ain't no Texass to us.

upperdeck_hawg

The team we hate but cant beat them nearly as much as they beat us: Bama
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

CarolinaSwine

Team we would love to beat but can't: Bama
Rival: LSU, day after Thanksgiving or not

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

moses_007

Clearly Alabama, since we only beat them about once every five years.  That was about how often we beat Texas.

snoblind

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 20, 2014, 02:11:16 pm
UA/Texas was not a rivalry.  It was a hatred.  And still is.

The hatred was mostly on our side. 

Papawhog

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: snoblind on November 20, 2014, 08:41:22 pm

For those of us old enough to remember, it still is!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jesterzzn

Quote from: snoblind on November 20, 2014, 08:41:22 pm

They hated us as much or more.  They were just smug about it.  When we beat them, especially when we beat them badly, it came out.

If the series had been closer to 50-50 they would have lost their damn minds with rage.  They looked at us as less than human, and they hated us for being the thorn in their sides all those years.

While it is true that the average fan didn't think of us all that much, the schools themselves had an honest genuine dislike for one another.

jesterzzn

The simple answer to this question is no one.  Everyone.

Arkansas as a state, and as a cultural mindset is automatically going to dislike just about everyone.  We hate other teams because we believe, and its a sincere belief, that they are getting over on us in some way.  Not everyone thinks its the same way, but most think its some way.  The refs.  The media.  The economic disparity.  The reality of recruiting populations.  SOMETHING.  So we have a chip on our shoulder.

In the SWC one team embodied that more than any other.  In the SEC...I kinda hate all of them equally.  We have no rival.  So what?  Everyone is there to be hated.  Embrace the hate.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jesterzzn on November 21, 2014, 05:56:25 pm
The simple answer to this question is no one.  Everyone.

Arkansas as a state, and as a cultural mindset is automatically going to dislike just about everyone.  We hate other teams because we believe, and its a sincere belief, that they are getting over on us in some way.  Not everyone thinks its the same way, but most think its some way.  The refs.  The media.  The economic disparity.  The reality of recruiting populations.  SOMETHING.  So we have a chip on our shoulder.

In the SWC one team embodied that more than any other.  In the SEC...I kinda hate all of them equally.  We have no rival.  So what?  Everyone is there to be hated.  Embrace the hate.

I actually agree with this!

However, Bama is starting to think a lot like Texas did back in the day...but nobody will ever come close to Texas!