Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harry looks forward to Hogs' November

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 23, 2014, 08:45:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/harry-king/king-jumping-ahead-november-arkansas-football

Hogwild

QuoteLSU, Missouri, and Ole Miss won conference games by a combined 117-19 during the weekend and Arkansas' November opponents are 24-4.

it ain't getting easier

trippigs

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogwild on October 23, 2014, 08:55:25 am
it ain't getting easier

No kidding.  Who knew that when we played aTm, Auburn, and Bama that we were playing the dregs of this year's SEC west?  My lord, it's a tough row to hoe. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PORKULATOR

I always think that Harry is a pessimistic downer of a sports journalist, but I agree here.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

thirrdegreetusker

"From the Danny Ford era through Bobby Petrino's reign, only in 2008 did Arkansas lose to both schools."

Who was the coach in 2008? Whoever it was, obviously not a good fit here.

thirrdegreetusker

....we can still get to 6-6, and a bowl, without a single "shock the world" victory this year.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 23, 2014, 10:21:54 am
No kidding.  Who knew that when we played aTm, Auburn, and Bama that we were playing the dregs of this year's SEC west?  My lord, it's a tough row to hoe. 

Is there a more accurate assessment than this one? Plus, theoretical +1 for getting the "row to hoe" phrase right.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

gmarv

we will get our chances to get to 6 wins if the guys just keep playing.things have away of changing from week to week

Pigdiana Jones

I hope we get to 6 wins, but honestly, I don't see it happening with the way the MS schools are playing plus LSU. I can see us beating Missouri, however.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."