Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAB game attendance

Started by wonder, October 23, 2014, 07:51:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IntegrityHog

Quote from: thirtythree on October 24, 2014, 05:56:22 pm
This is where I strongly disagree. The fan base down here, for the large part, feels like they helped the Razorbacks when they couldn't even fill 30K seats. Now, since the stadium is at 72K and in the SEC, it's like thanks, but no thanks. To have that ONE game would mean a hell of a lot to the people down here.

Me personally, I would love nothing more than to be able to drive to Fayetteville for games. I just can't; budget is the biggest problem for a lot of people. It doesn't matter if the team is doing well or not. It doesn't pay the bills.

Then, when the administration pulls their tricks like they did last week with the $35 extra per ticket, and then sell 4 for $100 for this week. How does look to the fan down south of Fayetteville?

Little Rock, and surrounding areas, have been GREAT supporters of the program. Now, Jeff Long is willing to alienate a fan base over a few dollars. With the money that this program pulls in, it is worth it to keep a tradition going.

I think I'm gonna trust Jeff's decision-making in this regard.  He is pretty savvy when it comes to marketing.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 26, 2014, 12:43:51 pm
So there's an attendance problem nationwide, yet the UA decides to screw over the LR fans with $100 tickets. Makes sense, I'm sure those same fans will be knocking the door down to get screwed again in the future. And, with a smaller population base, we should really be careful with how we treat the fans that are willing to pay to watch a game.

So, they only fans at the game were from LR, I guess I shouldn't have gone.

hogfan10

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 12:48:42 pm
You do know those tickets in the end zone required a $75 RF donation last year, and they gave the seats a $2.50 break in $35 this year? And that for a $50 RF donation you could have bought multiple tickets, decreasing the cost?

So what you're saying is they screwed LR last year too. No wonder they had such a difficult time selling the game out this year.
Was a $35 donation required to purchase a ticket to Fayetteville games?

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 26, 2014, 12:59:10 pm
So what you're saying is they screwed LR last year too. No wonder they had such a difficult time selling the game out this year.
Was a $35 donation required to purchase a ticket to Fayetteville games?

For close to the field seating like this, yes, and more.....

hogfan10

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 12:58:45 pm
So, they only fans at the game were from LR, I guess I shouldn't have gone.

I think you get my point.
The UA charges more for games in LR than Fayetteville ($10 surcharge per ticket & now required $35 donation to the Foundation).

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 26, 2014, 01:02:35 pm
The UA charges more for games in LR than Fayetteville ($10 surcharge per ticket & now required $35 donation to the Foundation).

Well, continue not to sell out, Georgia crowd was good, and it will be gone for good.

hogfan10

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 01:00:47 pm
For close to the field seating like this, yes, and more.....

I think not. There are multiple ways you can buy tickets.
- Season ticket holder and Foundation donor (bigger the donation, better the seats).
- Individual tickets to each game with no donation (Seats could be in a different location each game, no priority on location).
- Individual game tickets, you buy them by the game (maybe 1 game, maybe more).

To my knowledge RF donations are not required for the 2nd & 3rd option, unless you're buying tickets for LR.

I would like for you to define close to the field action, evidently it's anywhere inside the stadium.

menehune

Quote from: earshot on October 26, 2014, 09:05:16 am
Box score says 61,800.  That's 5,000 more people than the record attendance at War Memorial.

I can PROMISE that if WMS had a higher capacity, the record attendance there would rival the record attendance at RRS  That is a no brainer!!!  I wish I could afford to attend ALL games, home and away, but that's probably never going to happen.  It is not just the ticket costs - it is the expense of travel AND the fatigue factor from running the streets and trying to be productive at work. 

I have NO problem with only one game being in Little Rock - would prefer it would be a worthy opponent (although, recent history proves that anyone is a worthy opponent for a team that is rebuilding).  Count me in as one of those who believes that the Arkansas Razorbacks are the state's team and that out of respect and appreciation of those who contributed greatly to building the program when the facilities and infrastructure traveling to and on the campus and in the Fayetteville area were inferior in every way,  that we should continue the tradition of playing in central Arkansas and use that as an advantage, not a liability.  Forget the money aspect - clearly - we can afford it!!! 

I have NO problem paying more for a ticket in Little Rock and would be okay with a sliding scale depending on the level of the opponent. (As long as I am physically able and can afford to, I'll pay the price for seeing my Hogs regardless of their record - always have and always will!).  Overall, Jeff Long has done a great job as the AD of the U of A.  I certainly don't agree with every single decision he has made, but he has brought a lot of positive public relations to the school in many ways.  One of the things that made the Hogs THE team of the state of Arkansas was the inclusion of all corners of the state in the ownership of the team.  Bret Bielema gets it - despite calling the trip to the Rock a road trip, which technically it is.  Having to pay an additional $35 in order to get a ticket to the Georgia game was horrible PR - especially when you couple it with the following week's marketing of 4 tickets for $100 to the Homecoming game.  The appearance is both a slap in the face to those of us who have supported the team and program for over 50 years and reeks of setting up Little Rock to fail by ensuring there won't be a sell-out. 

Attendance at all venues around the country is down, and winning will cure the attendance woes.  It is just a shame that we fellow Hogs fans can't join together to see just how special our program is and embrace both stadiums as part of one of the most awesome college programs in the country.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 26, 2014, 01:08:59 pm
I think not. There are multiple ways you can buy tickets.
- Season ticket holder and Foundation donor (bigger the donation, better the seats).
- Individual tickets to each game with no donation (Seats could be in a different location each game, no priority on location).
- Individual game tickets, you buy them by the game (maybe 1 game, maybe more).

To my knowledge RF donations are not required for the 2nd & 3rd option, unless you're buying tickets for LR.

I would like for you to define close to the field action, evidently it's anywhere inside the stadium.

Upper deck seats for the most part required no donation.  As far as individual game seats on lower levels, they are turnbacks 107?? and upper deck seats. If the fans in LR want more games, build a stadium worthy of hosting them, oh wait, you want to talk about the past history....

RazorbackRon

You still don't get it.  Those of us that are members of the foundation pay more than $100 a ticket.  Yes, you can be a fan from your couch but what irritates me are the 'couch' fans are the ones who come on here and talk down about attendance or bring up the GSD.   
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

menehune

RazorbackRon -  I, too, am a member of the foundation - but all of the members of the foundation or their parents were at one time "couch fans."  That is how the foundation is built, isn't it?  So are the foundation members the only ones who have a stake in this? 

ricepig

Quote from: menehune on October 26, 2014, 01:56:54 pm
RazorbackRon -  I, too, am a member of the foundation - but all of the members of the foundation or their parents were at one time "couch fans."  That is how the foundation is built, isn't it?  So are the foundation members the only ones who have a stake in this? 

No, but their stake is bigger, wouldn't you agree?

Hogwild

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 26, 2014, 12:31:07 pm
That "small population state" thing doesn't explain WHY attendance is down at almost all stadiums across the country recently..........

But we play in the SEC, that's who we compete against. Check out this article from last season:

While attendance across the country might be getting spottier at college football games, the SEC's numbers increased in 2013.

One of the things to remember about the SEC is that the stadiums are huge. A stadium on the "smaller" side in this league still holds more than 60,000 people, and eight of the 14 schools play in on-campus stadiums with a seating capacity of more than 80,000.

Last season, the SEC averaged 75,674 fans, up from 74,636 in 2012. These figures, provided by the SEC office, include the Jacksonville, Fla., game between Florida and Georgia as well as the SEC championship game in Atlanta between Auburn and Missouri.

Even more telling, all but two of the schools in the league topped 90 percent attendance last season. The average percentage capacity in 2013 for SEC games was 99.02 percent, compared to 97.40 percent in 2012.

Alabama, coming off back-to-back national championships, led the SEC in home attendance last season, averaging 101,505 fans.

Kentucky (20 percent) and Tennessee (6 percent) had the largest increases in attendance last season. Arkansas (9 percent) had the largest decrease.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/79609/secs-attendance-numbers-rise-in-2013

RazorbackRon

Quote from: menehune on October 26, 2014, 01:56:54 pm

My point was that it seems to be the 'couch' fans who complain about attendance and argue most loudly about the GSD.   For example, Joe_Hog, who made his embarrassingly silly comments about the 'way the game looked on TV'.  To me, if you are NOT at a game, then any comments you make about attendance are meaningless.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Hogfaniam

The $10 surcharge goes to WMS to retire the pressbox debt
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: menehune on October 26, 2014, 01:15:25 pm
I can PROMISE that if WMS had a higher capacity, the record attendance there would rival the record attendance at RRS  That is a no brainer!!!  I wish I could afford to attend ALL games, home and away, but that's probably never going to happen.  It is not just the ticket costs - it is the expense of travel AND the fatigue factor from running the streets and trying to be productive at work. 

I have NO problem with only one game being in Little Rock - would prefer it would be a worthy opponent (although, recent history proves that anyone is a worthy opponent for a team that is rebuilding).  Count me in as one of those who believes that the Arkansas Razorbacks are the state's team and that out of respect and appreciation of those who contributed greatly to building the program when the facilities and infrastructure traveling to and on the campus and in the Fayetteville area were inferior in every way,  that we should continue the tradition of playing in central Arkansas and use that as an advantage, not a liability.  Forget the money aspect - clearly - we can afford it!!! 

I have NO problem paying more for a ticket in Little Rock and would be okay with a sliding scale depending on the level of the opponent. (As long as I am physically able and can afford to, I'll pay the price for seeing my Hogs regardless of their record - always have and always will!).  Overall, Jeff Long has done a great job as the AD of the U of A.  I certainly don't agree with every single decision he has made, but he has brought a lot of positive public relations to the school in many ways.  One of the things that made the Hogs THE team of the state of Arkansas was the inclusion of all corners of the state in the ownership of the team.  Bret Bielema gets it - despite calling the trip to the Rock a road trip, which technically it is.  Having to pay an additional $35 in order to get a ticket to the Georgia game was horrible PR - especially when you couple it with the following week's marketing of 4 tickets for $100 to the Homecoming game.  The appearance is both a slap in the face to those of us who have supported the team and program for over 50 years and reeks of setting up Little Rock to fail by ensuring there won't be a sell-out. 

Attendance at all venues around the country is down, and winning will cure the attendance woes.  It is just a shame that we fellow Hogs fans can't join together to see just how special our program is and embrace both stadiums as part of one of the most awesome college programs in the country.

It wasn't a slap in the face.  Under the latest contract revision, the UA has had to pay $1.2 million in "rent" to play in WMS over three seasons.  Our ticket prices and additional costs are in line or cheaper than most of the SEC. 

Just because the Hogs will play all of their games on campus at some point doesn't mean they can't be the state's team.  By the time this happens, it will be 20 or more years after the infrastructure in NWA, leading to NWA and RRS will have been upgraded.  How long is this payback you speak of needed? 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

menehune

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 26, 2014, 02:19:25 pm
It wasn't a slap in the face.  Under the latest contract revision, the UA has had to pay $1.2 million in "rent" to play in WMS over three seasons.  Our ticket prices and additional costs are in line or cheaper than most of the SEC. 

Just because the Hogs will play all of their games on campus at some point doesn't mean they can't be the state's team.  By the time this happens, it will be 20 or more years after the infrastructure in NWA, leading to NWA and RRS will have been upgraded.  How long is this payback you speak of needed? 

I don't look at it as a payback - I look at it as a tradition!  Though it feels personal to those of us who have been buying tickets since the late 50's, I am sure that it is being looked at objectively from the perspective of a business model.  There are a lot of different business models around - it is about finding the one that works for your product as well as your clientele.  My philosophy is to try to create a win-win situation - especially if you can afford it. The tradition of playing games in Little Rock is an investment in the product in my opinion - other people disagree.  I will be a fan regardless of where we play our games!!

bphi11ips

Quote from: menehune on October 26, 2014, 01:15:25 pm

Excellent post.  Always thoughtful, menehune.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 01:27:40 pm
Upper deck seats for the most part required no donation.  As far as individual game seats on lower levels, they are turnbacks 107?? and upper deck seats. If the fans in LR want more games, build a stadium worthy of hosting them, oh wait, you want to talk about the past history....

I think the state should do just that.  Don't you?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 26, 2014, 12:42:57 pm
I would be embarrassed too if I saw empty seats from my couch.

LOL

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:19:23 pm

No.  Financially idiotic to even consider for a state like Arkansas. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 26, 2014, 02:19:25 pm

You do know that rent you're crying about is paid to the State of Arkansas don't you?  Did you ever wonder how much money the State of Arkansas puts into the University of Arkansas System each and every year?

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 26, 2014, 05:21:08 pm
No.  Financially idiotic to even consider for a state like Arkansas. 

Correct.  If LR wants to build it, then let them and the local citizens pay for it (but that isn't going to happen).

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 26, 2014, 05:23:53 pm
Correct.  If LR wants to build it, then let them and the local citizens pay for it (but that isn't going to happen).

Did NWA build RRS?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:23:46 pm
You do know that rent you're crying about is paid to the State of Arkansas don't you?  Did you ever wonder how much money the State of Arkansas puts into the University of Arkansas System each and every year?

I'm not crying about it.  I'm explaining a reason for the need to get additional revenue from tickets for WMS games. 

No I don't wonder nor do I care. 

The "rent" goes to the operating of WMS as well as paying off any debt for WMS. 

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:25:04 pm
Did NWA build RRS?

RF built the additions after the initial small stadium was built.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 26, 2014, 05:23:53 pm

It isn't.  The city and metro benefits from Hog games.  But I wouldn't expect them to put a significant amount into a new stadium.  And since WMS is state owned, the city and county shouldn't be expected to do a significant renovation to it either although again they do benefit from the games.  If a new stadium or renovation were to be done, it should be with significant private donations along with perhaps a temp tax like hotel/restaurant although once a tax is created it is often no longer temporary.  And I hate to put that burden on businesses. It just doesn't make sense for Arkansas.  Tulane's new 30K seat stadium cost $75 million.  To spend that to renovate WMS or twice that for a new stadium to be used once or twice a season doesn't make sense. 

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:23:46 pm

The rent goes to the War Memorial Stadium Commission.

opineonswine

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:25:04 pm
Did NWA build RRS?

Arkansas taxpayers didn't.  Arkansas state taxes are already some of the highest in the nation.  They don't need to be foolishly spending money on a new stadium 200 miles from campus that gets used rarely.  Goofy idea.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 05:35:10 pm

correct.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 05:36:16 pm
The rent goes to the War Memorial Stadium Commission.

Which is a state agency.  Nothing more and nothing less.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 05:35:10 pm

Any contributors to the RF that don't live in NWA?  The guy the stadium is named for lived in Las Vegas (and died before the first shovel of dirt was dug) if I remember correctly.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: opineonswine on October 26, 2014, 05:37:25 pm
Arkansas taxpayers didn't.  Arkansas state taxes are already some of the highest in the nation.  They don't need to be foolishly spending money on a new stadium 200 miles from campus that gets used rarely.  Goofy idea.

Who said they should?  I certainly didn't.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:43:15 pm
Any contributors to the RF that don't live in NWA?  The guy the stadium is named for lived in Las Vegas (and died before the first shovel of dirt was dug) if I remember correctly.

RF stands for Razorback Foundation if you were not familiar with that.  People who contributed to the RF did it of their own free will.

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:43:15 pm

What does that have to do with anything, you asked about state money and I correctly told you it was financed by RF donations.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 26, 2014, 05:26:41 pm
I'm not crying about it.  I'm explaining a reason for the need to get additional revenue from tickets for WMS games. 

No I don't wonder nor do I care. 

The "rent" goes to the operating of WMS as well as paying off any debt for WMS. 

So you care about a piddling little amount paid to the State, but don't care how much the State pays to the UA System each year?  Wow LOL.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 05:45:13 pm
What does that have to do with anything, you asked about state money and I correctly told you it was financed by RF donations.

Correct me if necessary, but I don't believe I ever asked about state money being spent on RRS.

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:46:58 pm
So you care about a piddling little amount paid to the State, but don't care how much the State pays to the UA System each year?  Wow LOL.

The state pays to all the universities and colleges, should they build a stadium for all of them?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 01:27:40 pm

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:19:23 pm

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:44:07 pm
Who said they should?  I certainly didn't.

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:48:59 pm
Correct me if necessary, but I don't believe I ever asked about state money being spent on RRS.

Nope, but it did build WMS.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 26, 2014, 05:45:09 pm
RF stands for Razorback Foundation if you were not familiar with that.  People who contributed to the RF did it of their own free will.

I simply asked if all the contributors to the RF lived in NWA.  Of course they did it of their own free will!  Was Donald W. Reynolds a member of the RF?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 05:50:53 pm
Nope, but it did build WMS.

LOL  Back in the day of leather helmets.

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 05:52:02 pm
I simply asked if all the contributors to the RF lived in NWA.  Of course they did it of their own free will!  Was Donald W. Reynolds a member of the RF?

Don't know, he died in 1993 and a foundation was set up from his media holdings. I'd say the Foundation was a member, especially since they gave $21mil?? for the expansion. Fred Smith also gave $1.25m to the RF, he was the Reynolds Foundation director.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 06:00:34 pm
Don't know, he died in 1993 and a foundation was set up from his media holdings. I'd say the Foundation was a member, especially since they gave $21mil?? for the expansion. Fred Smith also gave $1.25m to the RF, he was the Reynolds Foundation director.

Are you saying the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation was a member of the Razorback Foundation?  I'm thinking not.  This is the DWR Foundation's Mission Statement:

Mission Statement

Founded in 1954, the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation seeks to honor the memory of its benefactor, for whom it is named, by filling unmet needs and attempting to gain an immediate, transformational impact in four principal areas of interest:

Meeting the greatest needs of communities in Arkansas, Nevada and Oklahoma, primarily through improved facilities for their outstanding local nonprofit organizations;

Accelerating the fight against atherosclerosis and atherosclerotic heart disease through cutting-edge, translational research;
Improving the quality of life of America's growing elderly population through better training of physicians in geriatrics; and
Enhancing the quality and integrity of journalism, focusing particularly on better training of journalists who serve smaller communities and on business journalism.

In pursuing its goals, the Foundation is committed to the support of nonprofit organizations and institutions that demonstrate sound financial management, efficient operation, program integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit.

In accordance with its articles of incorporation, the Foundation is designated to terminate rather than continue in perpetuity. The Board of Trustees has determined that the Foundation will cease to make grants on or before 2022.

If I remember correctly, a guy named Frank Broyles was instrumental in getting the DWR Foundation contribution.

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 06:12:02 pm
Are you saying the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation was a member of the Razorback Foundation?  I'm thinking not.  This is the DWR Foundation's Mission Statement:

Mission Statement

Founded in 1954, the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation seeks to honor the memory of its benefactor, for whom it is named, by filling unmet needs and attempting to gain an immediate, transformational impact in four principal areas of interest:

Meeting the greatest needs of communities in Arkansas, Nevada and Oklahoma, primarily through improved facilities for their outstanding local nonprofit organizations;

Accelerating the fight against atherosclerosis and atherosclerotic heart disease through cutting-edge, translational research;
Improving the quality of life of America's growing elderly population through better training of physicians in geriatrics; and
Enhancing the quality and integrity of journalism, focusing particularly on better training of journalists who serve smaller communities and on business journalism.

In pursuing its goals, the Foundation is committed to the support of nonprofit organizations and institutions that demonstrate sound financial management, efficient operation, program integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit.

In accordance with its articles of incorporation, the Foundation is designated to terminate rather than continue in perpetuity. The Board of Trustees has determined that the Foundation will cease to make grants on or before 2022.

If I remember correctly, a guy named Frank Broyles was instrumental in getting the DWR Foundation contribution.

Ok, answer this, was the money donated to the RF, yes it was. It doesn't matter if a member, life time member, honorary member, or however you wish to call it, the money was donated to the RF. And yes, Frank was very instrumental in getting the donation, and that factors in here, how?

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 06:20:08 pm
I'm not sure what your post had to do with my post that you quoted.  Help a guy out here.

You seemed to draw a correlation between the money the state of Arkansas gives to the University and the amount of rent paid by the University. I asked if they should build every school a new stadium, or I guess in your way of thinking, all should be required to play a game at WMS.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 06:27:39 pm
Ok, answer this, was the money donated to the RF, yes it was. It doesn't matter if a member, life time member, honorary member, or however you wish to call it, the money was donated to the RF. And yes, Frank was very instrumental in getting the donation, and that factors in here, how?

I'm not sure that the DWRF would have ponied up without Frank's involvement.

I've never claimed that the RF didn't pay for the stadium reno.  The only point I'm making is that NWA exclusively didn't pay for the work that was done to DWRRS.

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 26, 2014, 06:35:30 pm
I'm not sure that the DWRF would have ponied up without Frank's involvement.

I've never claimed that the RF didn't pay for the stadium reno.  The only point I'm making is that NWA exclusively didn't pay for the work that was done to DWRRS.

Well, duh....I contributed and don't live in NWA. Where has anyone said that NWA built RRS, somewhere in your mind??

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 06:32:12 pm
You seemed to draw a correlation between the money the state of Arkansas gives to the University and the amount of rent paid by the University. I asked if they should build every school a new stadium, or I guess in your way of thinking, all should be required to play a game at WMS.

LOL  I don't think the amount of rent, turnback, whatever that is paid to the State would build a very large stadium.  I simply think the "having to pay rent" diatribe is just plain silly.  I want people to realize that the State of AR puts more money into the UA System - or even just the F'ville operation if you prefer - than 400,000/year.

By the way, I do not think taxpayer money should ever be used for intercollegiate athletic expenses - including stadiums.

popcornhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 06:37:24 pm
Well, duh....I contributed and don't live in NWA. Where has anyone said that NWA built RRS, somewhere in your mind??

Lol. Same here. I don't even live in Arkansas.

What is his point? Nobody has ever made such a claim.
WPS