Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAB game attendance

Started by wonder, October 23, 2014, 07:51:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wonder

kchogfan14

55,000. About the same as WMS.

Hogfaniam

October 23, 2014, 07:54:20 am #2 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:23:25 pm by Hogfaniam
62-65k.

It's why the NEZ expansion needs to include seat backs in the bleacher sections.  We really don't need more seats.  Make the plaza area in the NEZ tiered so you can have a SRO crowd and they can see the game.

(I would put condo/athletic dorms with seated balconies/skyboxes on both sides of the scoreboard also.  How much would those bad boys sell for?)
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

DeltaHog82

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LRAFBHog

50500, not a conference game

The_Iceman

Regardless, we will make more money playing the game in our HOME stadium than we would playing it in WMS.

Hogfaniam

83 and sunny. Not a chance of rain.  That bad boy should be sold out.

There are a ton of tickets online from $8 up.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 23, 2014, 03:12:42 pm
Regardless, we will make more money playing the game in our HOME stadium than we would playing it in WMS.

Bringing it.  Stay the course.  Right there with you especially after that great display of class last week.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BPsTheMan

then tell Arkansas Game and Fish to stop making muzzleloader season when they do

I blame Wayne

>:(

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hogfaniam on October 23, 2014, 07:54:20 am
62-65k.

It's why the NEZ expansion needs to include seat backs in the bleacher sections.  We really don't need more seats.  Make the plaza area in the NEZ tiered so you can have a SRO crowd and they can see the game.

(I would put condo/athletic dorms with seated balconies/skyboxes on both sides of the scoreboard also.  How much would those bad boys sell for?)

They should put another video board up in the SEZ where they took out the temp bleachers and are trying to make it a "student lounge"

With their latest renovation MSU now has jumbo boards on each side.  This would be perfect for the SRO scenario you describe.  Closing that NEZ in with any configuration be it chair backs, stands etc would definitely help hold the noise it and make the stadium look even better.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Torqued pork

razoredge178

Quote from: LRAFBHog on October 23, 2014, 03:03:24 pm
50500, not a conference game

Pretty solid # here. The UofA will fudge it up by a good 10K.

RazorPiggie

reddogjcss

RazorbackRon

Quote from: razoredge178 on October 23, 2014, 03:44:07 pm
Pretty solid # here. The UofA will fudge it up by a good 10K.

I thought LRAFB was being a troll with his number but I see you are joining the troll wagon also.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

3of5-2

With the 11:00 start, I'm just hoping the players show up ready to play.

ricepig

Hogfan1660

It will be a sellout. Haven't you heard that we never have trouble selling tickets in Fayetteville????

ricepig

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on October 23, 2014, 04:44:15 pm
It will be a sellout. Haven't you heard that we never have trouble selling tickets in Fayetteville????

No, but I heard they always sell more than games at WMS???

popcornhog

I can't make it, but all four of my tickets were sold to a hog fan who will be allowing his family to go while he is at work.

WPS
WPS

Westcoasthog

Hogfaniam  -   Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville definitely NEEDS MORE SEATS.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Westcoasthog on October 23, 2014, 09:11:23 pm
     Hogfaniam  -   Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville definitely NEEDS MORE SEATS.

Why?  When was the last time it was SRO?  Bama 2010? 

It needs more club and luxury box seats, not basic seating.

Jimmy

Hard to say......early kickoff will keep some from making the trip, but the weather and fall colors will be fantastic.   I am hoping 60,000+ will take advantage of a stellar day in the Ozarks. 

BassinHawg

I would say around 58,500. I have talked to a whole lot of folks that are not going , including students.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Boardon Hamsay

62,974 and there's a good chance a small percentage of that will be in camo.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Big Papa Satan

51,000, with inflated announced attendance.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Big Papa Satan on October 23, 2014, 09:54:55 pm
51,000, with inflated announced attendance.

OK, LRAFB, Razoredge and Big Papa....all three of you guys are predicting 50k for the UAB game.  I have a question, which, if nay of you guys will be in attendance Sat?

I will, how about you? Were you at the WMS game last Sat?   Just curious about 3 naysayers.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

1highhog

Quote from: Hogfaniam on October 23, 2014, 03:26:28 pm
83 and sunny. Not a chance of rain.  That bad boy should be sold out.

There are a ton of tickets online from $8 up.

$8.00?  I haven't seen them anywhere near that, but I've seen a lot on here under the ticket forum for sale.  I thought this would be a pretty good crowd but after seeing so many tickets for sale I'm wondering if 50,000 shows up.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: 1highhog on October 24, 2014, 06:42:23 am
$8.00?  I haven't seen them anywhere near that, but I've seen a lot on here under the ticket forum for sale.  I thought this would be a pretty good crowd but after seeing so many tickets for sale I'm wondering if 50,000 shows up.

Ticket monster had some for $8 plus whatever fees you have to pay.

Iwastherein1969

lets see, we have squirrel and crow season running right now....and you know how Arkansas folk like to take to the woods on weekends make campfires, drink beer and then get into the 250k camper with the A/C.....prediction of attendance    48,729
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BassinHawg on October 23, 2014, 09:37:15 pm
I would say around 58,500. I have talked to a whole lot of folks that are not going , including students.

Well, if you talked to 'em.....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Rooka

I'll be making the trek from Jonesboro to see this one. Only really planned to be able to make it for the LSU game, but this weekend came open and tickets were so cheap I couldn't pass it up. With a busy schedule, I try not to pass up seeing the Hogs when I can.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Rooka on October 24, 2014, 07:11:22 am
I'll be making the trek from Jonesboro to see this one. Only really planned to be able to make it for the LSU game, but this weekend came open and tickets were so cheap I couldn't pass it up. With a busy schedule, I try not to pass up seeing the Hogs when I can.
well, this be's the last shot....and unlike most people think on THE VILLE here, this game will be close until the end...we are not practicing for UAB...we are prepping to try and upset (god I thought I'd never say this) Miss St...how low can we go ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 24, 2014, 07:28:04 am
well, this be's the last shot....and unlike most people think on THE VILLE here, this game will be close until the end...we are not practicing for UAB...we are prepping to try and upset (god I thought I'd never say this) Miss St...how low can we go ?

As low as everyone else since they are the #1 team in the nation right now.

hogcard1964

code red

I have never...ever had any trouble getting at least 90 bucks for all 3 of my tickets.  I have my tickets listed for 20 bucks for all 3 on ebay and no takers.  These are lowers..south lowers.  I hope for CBBs sake he gets a win in the SEC this year....because this is trending badly.  Empty seat speak volumes. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hobhog

Quote from: code red on October 24, 2014, 08:11:14 am
I have never...ever had any trouble getting at least 90 bucks for all 3 of my tickets.  I have my tickets listed for 20 bucks for all 3 on ebay and no takers.  These are lowers..south lowers.  I hope for CBBs sake he gets a win in the SEC this year....because this is trending badly.  Empty seat speak volumes. 

Not sure it has anything to do with success of Hogs this year. 11am game against non SEC opponent just stinks. First and only instate game I am missing this year and planned on taking this one off when saw schedule. Gave tickets to son to try and sell or give away. I will be surprised if we get 50K in there, but it will be full for LSU and Ole Miss....

VT HOG

Move all the games to Little Rock

code red

Quote from: hobhog on October 24, 2014, 08:23:13 am
Not sure it has anything to do with success of Hogs this year. 11am game against non SEC opponent just stinks. First and only instate game I am missing this year and planned on taking this one off when saw schedule. Gave tickets to son to try and sell or give away. I will be surprised if we get 50K in there, but it will be full for LSU and Ole Miss....
Ehhhh...I disagree that was a bad product in LR last weekend.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogsanity

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 23, 2014, 03:35:23 pm
then tell Arkansas Game and Fish to stop making muzzleloader season when they do

I blame Wayne

>:(

I always love this reason " cant go to the game its deer season. " Bow season last like 6 months.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

code red

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2014, 08:55:03 am
I always love this reason " cant go to the game its deer season. " Bow season last like 6 months.
If mine don't sell...I will make the 700 mile round trip...I'll have to leave at 3 am but, my seat will always have a butt in it.

code red

Looks like someone just bid on em....3 tix for 20 bucks...wow.  If you want to go to the game tomorrow...just take ten bucks for popcorn.  You'll probably get in free.

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on October 24, 2014, 09:15:27 am
Looks like someone just bid on em....3 tix for 20 bucks...wow.  If you want to go to the game tomorrow...just take ten bucks for popcorn.  You'll probably get in free.

What will just continue to baffle me will be the people who will eat their tickets, not go, but will just stick them in the drawer because they don't want to sell them so cheap or give them away.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

code red

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2014, 09:18:28 am
What will just continue to baffle me will be the people who will eat their tickets, not go, but will just stick them in the drawer because they don't want to sell them so cheap or give them away.
I agree. I got to get something for mine.  I am not independentally wealthy.

code red

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 23, 2014, 10:13:52 pm
OK, LRAFB, Razoredge and Big Papa....all three of you guys are predicting 50k for the UAB game.  I have a question, which, if nay of you guys will be in attendance Sat?

I will, how about you? Were you at the WMS game last Sat?   Just curious about 3 naysayers.
It will be around 50K..no more than that and the numbers will always be inflated.  I am sure the announced attendance will be paid attendance plus actual attendance divided by 2.

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on October 24, 2014, 09:32:04 am
I agree. I got to get something for mine.  I am not independentally wealthy.

But if no one wants to pay for them, why not give them away ( and no I am not fishing for tickets )?

I saw a guy once trying to sell 4, I think it was So Car in 2005. I tried to buy two of them, but he wanted to sell all 4, so I moved on. I found two up in 504 for like $5 each. Was walking back toward the gate, the guy with 4 was talking to what looked like a man, wife and their two kids. The guy with the tickets got pretty loud, said something to the effect of " if that's all people will pay I'll just tear them up " and he did, tore up 4 tickets.

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2014, 09:18:28 am
Count me in as one of these people. I would give mine away to a friend or someone unsuspecting for nothing before I sold them for 10 bucks a piece to a stranger....would honestly rather throw them in the trash than that. Why would I sell them for pennies on the dollar to someone wanting the cheap way out? I had to pay full price and had no intention of getting any $$ back upon purchase.

What people who don't buy regular season tickets don't get is that even paying full face value (of most tickets) is still a heck of a deal compared to donation + ticket price. Of course, a lot of people would say those two things absolutely are not hand in hand. I would disagree.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2014, 09:44:28 am
Count me in as one of these people. I would give mine away to a friend or someone unsuspecting for nothing before I sold them for 10 bucks a piece to a stranger....would honestly rather throw them in the trash than that. Why would I sell them for pennies on the dollar to someone wanting the cheap way out? I had to pay full price and had no intention of getting any $$ back upon purchase.

What people who don't buy regular season tickets don't get is that even paying full face value (of most tickets) is still a heck of a deal compared to donation + ticket price. Of course, a lot of people would say those two things absolutely are not hand in hand. I would disagree.

That is so messed up.

1st, you did not HAVE to pay full price, you chose to. 2nd, what if the only way some dad can take his kids or family to a game once in a while is to take the "cheap way out"? 3rd, if you can't go to the game, what does it matter how the tickets get used, as long as someone is in the stands, how does it help the program to have empty seats? 

Face value is a terrible deal when you can go to stubhub or other places and find tickets for $8.25 ( the lowest price I saw this morning ).

RazorbackRon

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2014, 08:55:03 am

Muzzleloading season started last week.   80 degree temps ain't good for deer hunting either.