Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pickled Peppers

Started by pigture perfect, October 22, 2014, 11:42:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

A friend gave me a recipe for pickling the fruit of the gods. It's so easy.

After filling the jar with peppers, (any kind) pour in liquid smoke til the jar is about 1/4 full. Add a table spoon of Season Salt and a table spoon of Cinnamon. Then fill the rest of the quart jar with Vinegar. Shake well and put in cabinet for at least 2 weeks.

If you like to have that extra little snap with your meals, you'll love 'em. The sauce is great on greens too.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Hogfaniam

Got to add some sausages to that mane!
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

PorkRinds

That seems like a LOT of liquid smoke. 

Rooka

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 23, 2014, 08:23:55 am
That seems like a LOT of liquid smoke. 
That's what I was thinking...Holy cow that would be potent!

DeltaBoy

Sound like it would be STRONG on the smoke.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HawgWild

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 23, 2014, 09:10:48 am
Sound like it would be STRONG on the smoke.

I'm with you guys on this. I have a BBQ sauce recipe calling for liquid smoke and you only use 1 teaspoon to make 2 cups.

pigture perfect

The vinegar cuts it pretty well as well as the acid in the peppers themselves. If you want to use less that's fine. Everything is about season to taste anyway.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRinds

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 23, 2014, 11:55:47 am
The vinegar cuts it pretty well as well as the acid in the peppers themselves. If you want to use less that's fine. Everything is about season to taste anyway.

What peppers have you been using?  I bet Jalapenos lend themselves pretty well to smoky flavor, considering how good chipotle peppers are.

pigture perfect

I used Jalapeno's and serrano's this time. I still have a few Habanero's from last year. They aren't as good pickled as the Jalapeno's IMO. I prefer those fresh.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 23, 2014, 01:25:15 pm
I used Jalapeno's and serrano's this time. I still have a few Habanero's from last year. They aren't as good pickled as the Jalapeno's IMO. I prefer those fresh.

Meat soaked in that stuff is delicious.  Polish sausages, hot dogs, it doesn't matter
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

pigture perfect

Yeah, I liked Pickled Sausages.

pigture perfect

Popped the lid on a jar tonight. The recipe was correct. It was not too much liquid smoke. It infused the peppers great. But that Serrano was blazing. Wow, gave me the hiccoughs after the first bite.