Deshawn Raymond

Started by RAZORHOGG15, October 22, 2014, 10:47:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZORHOGG15

Sets announcement date for Oct 31st per 24/7
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

Scott7703

I don't see how this is good news for us.

jjdlc

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 22, 2014, 10:51:01 pm
I don't see how this is good news for us.

Don't necessarily see it as bad, he has visited recently, for Bama game I believe, and at least one Louisiana sports writer believed we were in the lead for him.  He hasn't done an official to LSU, which could mean absolutely nothing, but still nothing about it to make me think we are out of the race at this point.

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: jjdlc on October 22, 2014, 11:06:55 pm
Don't necessarily see it as bad, he has visited recently, for Bama game I believe, and at least one Louisiana sports writer believed we were in the lead for him.  He hasn't done an official to LSU, which could mean absolutely nothing, but still nothing about it to make me think we are out of the race at this point.

I thought that he had cancelled that trip for the Alabama game because his uncle could not make it.  Not for sure but i thought RD said Raymond and his uncle were pretty close.  Would love to get RD's opinion on this.

redeye

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on October 22, 2014, 11:19:27 pm
I thought that he had cancelled that trip for the Alabama game because his uncle could not make it.  Not for sure but i thought RD said Raymond and his uncle were pretty close.  Would love to get RD's opinion on this.

Seems like I remember something like that and RD expecting him to make it up later.

FWIW, Oct 31st is the Friday before we play MSU, who's also a finalist for Raymond.  LSU has a bye that weekend.  Don't know if any of that means anything, but thought I'd throw it out there for you tea leaf readers.

WBC Hog

WyomingTiger8888

@Greatness_7: I'm committing on OCT 31st 👻🎃. #LSU🐯 #MSU🐶 #TCU🐸 #ARKANSAS🐗 #NEBRASKA🔴⚫️

Our LSU mod posted the below earlier in the day. Don't shoot the messenger.

One defensive back to keep watching is East Jefferson's Deshawn Raymond. Now, I think MSU and TCU are real players here, but LSU is very much in the mix. This one will probably drag out a bit. One thing that I think plays into this is his grandmother, who helps watch over him. He's always told me she was a huge LSU fan, and being there and close to family is a definite advantage for LSU. Corey Raymond is also close to Deshawn and the family from coaching big brother Derrick Raymond at LSU. I think the Tigers are in a good spot, but I think the Bulldogs are Horned Frogs are bigger players than people might think

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

jjdlc

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on October 22, 2014, 11:19:27 pm

I remember that now.  A couple of sites list him as having visited, so that's what I was going by.  So yeah, not as good a situation as I thought.

WyomingTiger8888

Our mod just said, even though he will "commit" on the 31st he believes this one will go to NSD. Ar. needs to get him to the hill sooner than later. Don't shoot the messenger

immahog

Quote from: lsu8888 on October 23, 2014, 09:11:33 am
Our mod just said, even though he will "commit" on the 31st he believes this one will go to NSD. Ar. needs to get him to the hill sooner than later. Don't shoot the messenger

ha imo 80% of the kids who commit before NSD still are not locks till then
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

JackJohnson

Quote from: lsu8888 on October 23, 2014, 09:11:33 am

Most rational Ark fans aren't holding out hope on signing a kid from S. Louisiana that LSU has offered and covets considering we haven't been able to do that in the "modern" recruiting era. 

MP24

October 23, 2014, 10:46:09 am #12 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:59:00 am by MP24
Richard said defensive back Deshawn Raymond of Metairie, La. East Jefferson said he plans to officially visit Arkansas after he announces his decision on Oct. 31.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/oct/23/thursday/

Raymond has officially visited Nebraska, Mississippi State and TCU, and unofficially visited LSU.
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Huckleberry Pig

doesnt sound like we should get our hopes up here

WyomingTiger8888

TCU is the destination for East Jefferson standout CB Deshawn Raymond

James Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune   

Oklahawg

Good luck in the not-so-big 12.

Next?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: lsu8888 on October 31, 2014, 10:59:45 pm
TCU is the destination for East Jefferson standout CB Deshawn Raymond

James Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Although in my opinion it is harder to flip someone than just get the initial commitment.  You have to like that he stated that his commitment was based on wanting to leave Louisiana and the fact tcu needs cb's.  I know another team I love that needs corners and is not located in Louisiana, plus we will get his last visit.  Hopefully

WyomingTiger8888

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on October 31, 2014, 11:14:17 pm
Although in my opinion it is harder to flip someone than just get the initial commitment.  You have to like that he stated that his commitment was based on wanting to leave Louisiana and the fact tcu needs cb's.  I know another team I love that needs corners and is not located in Louisiana, plus we will get his last visit.  Hopefully

15, from what I understand he is still going to take a few visits. I wouldn't be surprised if the trips were to LSU, Ar, and TCU. Something tells me this one will go all the way  to NSD.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: MP24 on October 23, 2014, 10:46:09 am
Richard said defensive back Deshawn Raymond of Metairie, La. East Jefferson said he plans to officially visit Arkansas after he announces his decision on Oct. 31.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/oct/23/thursday/

Raymond has officially visited Nebraska, Mississippi State and TCU, and unofficially visited LSU.

ImHogginIt

Remember 247 had him 100% to LSU.

Same service that Otis works for. Otis said Jalen Merrick would never end up at Arkansas when RD first reported that Merrick would officially visit Fayetteville. RD never said the kid was going to be a Hog, only he was visiting. Now Otis is predicting Merrick to Arkansas. LOL

WyomingTiger8888

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 31, 2014, 11:38:04 pm

Same service that Otis works for. Otis said Jalen Merrick would never end up at Arkansas when RD first reported that Merrick would officially visit Fayetteville. RD never said the kid was going to be a Hog, only he was visiting. Now Otis is predicting Merrick to Arkansas. LOL

Correct and that all changed today. Like Richard stated his recruitment is for from over if he is still taking visits.

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 31, 2014, 11:29:27 pm

Thanks RD I must have skipped over the part about the LSU visit being unofficial.  Still feel good about the opportunity to flip this kid.  Just judging by his words

ADavisTheGOAT

He committed to TCU. Richard, will he visit here and possibly decommit months from now?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

redeye

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 31, 2014, 11:38:04 pm

I did not know that.

Peter Porker

Quote from: lsu8888 on October 31, 2014, 11:47:52 pm

Correct and that all changed today. Like Richard stated his recruitment is for from over if he is still taking visits.

When they shut his Crystal Ball down it was 53% LSU.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

JackJohnson

I'm not sure who recruits La for TCU but they continually pull really good prospects out of there every year.  They darn near stole Cornelious from us last year IIRC. 

Here is to hoping we stay on him bc this is the type player we NEED and I know LSU is still lurking but I actually feel better about our chances now that he committed to TCU then when he was uncommitted if that makes sense

logand02

JackJohnson I feel the exact same way. TCU is doing great thus far but will trip up, possibly today. This young man gets on campus and we have a great chance.

passinghog

Why would a defensive back want to play in the big XII over a conference that still lets you play defense, SEC. No way his recruitment is over...