Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beating Missouri

Started by RazorRick77, October 22, 2014, 06:55:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorRick77

Obviously, we are a much improved football team that should have at least two SEC West victories right now. We are a better team than Missouri and right now I'm thinking that is a game that we should absolutely win. My only concern is that we go into that game winless due to this brutal schedule and are mentally  broken by then. So as of right now, how do you see our game going with the offensively inept Tigers in Columbia?

vandybuff

I have thought all year that you will win the MO game.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

RazorRick77

Quote from: vandybuff on October 22, 2014, 06:57:36 pm
I have thought all year that you will win the MO game.

They are a complete joke on offense and have already lost at home to Indiana. Like I said, we may be 0-7 going into the game which could have a mental effect on the outcome.

Pig Worshipper

I think it will be our "bowl" game and that we will win it to finally get an SEC victory as the season comes to a close.

IntegrityHog

Missouri will be angling for a pretty good bowl at that point.  I think they blow us out.

onebadrubi

We weren't mentally beat last year going to LSU were we?  We came out and played unlike any game all year. 

hawg IQ

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 22, 2014, 07:18:43 pm
We weren't mentally beat last year going to LSU were we?  We came out and played unlike any game all year. 
Well someone tell me how many teams in the country would fair playing Auburn, Alabama and Georgia, I think the only game we really gave away was A&M.

Folks were shocked, as was I that Georgia blown us out like they did.
  I think A&M was that game you look back on and say Hogs took a SEC win of of the win column and pizzed it to the wind.

But no use crying about losing to Georgia when it wasn't that bad really. Ol Miss and Miss State will most likely go much the same way as Georgia. We don't have enough defense and folks see they can stop hogs running game. B Allen really has a hard time being the SEC quarterback hogs need. Our running backs looks like they are beaten up a little.

LSU and MIsery are both winnable. But if we start games like last Saturday we could lose those too. BB needs to find a way to get this team back on track.

go hogs go !

code red

Idk.....guess we will watch and find out.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawg IQ on October 22, 2014, 07:35:30 pm

Folks were shocked, as was I that Georgia blown us out like they did.

But no use crying about losing to Georgia when it wasn't that bad really.

Need I (you) say more?

TheGrove68

If our offense doesn't improve Ark. can definitely get a win in CoMo. But if our offense can get on track we win at home. Our defense is plenty stout.... against Georgia the Def. was on the field for 43 Minutes,while the offense was 3 & out over and over and only crossed mid field once!! The Def. was tested and pounded but only gave up 34pts the whole game. Versus Florida they basically won the game.

The staff believes Mauk will get back on track and will adjust to the def. blue print of the DE not allowing him to break contain,spying him and forcing underneath throws by taking away the deep routes. Now IMO this is a big IF since he is a gunslinger at heart.

If he does start playing within the system coupled with our Def. there is not a game on the schedule we can't win...Vandy,UK,Tenn.,A&M and Ark. Now it's unlikely we win them all but it's a slight possibility.  I suspect we win our home games lose on road.
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

Iwastherein1969

to the OP...we don't need to talk about beating ANYONE in our conference anytime nor any team
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

mizzouman

The game is a long way away.....But, if Mizzou gets up early and Arkansas has to throw...then the Mizzou's pass rush will eat Brandon Allen alive.

But, if Bielema sticks to his guns, runs 65% of the time, then it could be a long day for my Tigers.

vandybuff

If you go into this game with four wins, I think the largest challenge will be keeping the players 'invested' in the team and season.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

texas tush hog

Given the fact we play the number 1 team in the nation on national tv, I think we fall short at Starkville. If we get close and our guys come out hungry against LSU we have chance against them. Win that one and momentum builds for Ole Miss, and if we win that one, we definitely beat Mizzou. Lose to LSU, and it is another wait till next year season, and next year looks bright indeed, regardless of our record this year, even 4-8. Keep the faith, people and quit the negativity that torpedoes our bright recruiting year.

trashcan maN

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 22, 2014, 07:11:21 pm
Missouri will be angling for a pretty good bowl at that point.  I think they blow us out.
Pro Tip: Be less obvious and post less frequently when trolling. Probably should change your name to something less obvious too.

DCimport

KISS!! Mow them over with play action to TE.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2014, 10:07:39 pm
Need I (you) say more?
poorly worded on my part, you know your brain has a plan and the single digit typing finger screws it up. Oh you're not buying that either, I see?

Really I just thought Bama, Georgia and Auburn losses should have been expected.
go hogs go !

TNRazorbacker

Dunno, we seem prone to bad mistakes and poor execution at the worst possible times. We get worse as the game goes on and literally wilt in pressure situations. Just kinda seem snake bit and don't know how to win. I think we are capable of beating just about anyone but this pattern of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory is troubling. This team is better but I'm losing confidence that we have it in us to nab an SEC win this year, particularly as the injuries pile up late in the season.

Baller

Mizzou is clearly our best shot at an SEC win this season.  The part we'll need to overcome is that we'll be coming off a brutal stretch against MSU, LSU and Ole Miss.  We may be beaten down and demoralized at that point, and we'll need to get up off the mat and give it our heart and soul. 

However, if we stun LSU at home, we could have a much more real shot at beating Mizzou, as we'll have a huge momentum gain at that point, even if we do lose to Ole Miss.

Wild Boarnado

Quote from: Baller on October 23, 2014, 08:48:37 pm
Mizzou is clearly our best shot at an SEC win this season.  The part we'll need to overcome is that we'll be coming off a brutal stretch against MSU, LSU and Ole Miss.  We may be beaten down and demoralized at that point, and we'll need to get up off the mat and give it our heart and soul. 

However, if we stun LSU at home, we could have a much more real shot at beating Mizzou, as we'll have a huge momentum gain at that point, even if we do lose to Ole Miss.

^This
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer