Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why @ Kentucky Again??

Started by LubbockHog, October 22, 2014, 03:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LubbockHog

I noticed today on our schedule that Arkansas plays @ Kentucky again next year. We played them in Rupp last year as well. Any idea why we are not playing at Bud Walton this year?

The_Iceman

We played them there and at home last year. So it just the what the rotation works.

mhuff

Quote from: LubbockHog on October 22, 2014, 03:16:54 pm
I noticed today on our schedule that Arkansas plays @ Kentucky again next year. We played them in Rupp last year as well. Any idea why we are not playing at Bud Walton this year?

Did any money exchange hands on that scheduling?

PorkerOinker

Quote from: mhuff on October 22, 2014, 03:32:16 pm
Did any money exchange hands on that scheduling?

Of course it did, we are Arkansas and the SEC's number 1 priority is screwing Arkansas.  SMH
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Hawg Red

They played @ BWA in 2013, home/home in 2014, @ Rupp in 2015, will likely be @ BWA in 2016 and so on.

Nothing suspicious going on.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 22, 2014, 04:13:13 pm
They played @ BWA in 2013, home/home in 2014, @ Rupp in 2015, will likely be @ BWA in 2016 and so on.

I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to rip Ky. Devil made me do it.

MountieDawg

they played at both places last year... Only once this year...
SEC!

Fayettechill14

Our conference schedule is very favorable. UK and Florida on the road, but the other 16 games include 9 home, 7 road, and no UK/Fla.t

SPAL

Quote from: mhuff on October 22, 2014, 04:21:46 pm
I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to rip Ky. Devil made me do it.

He likes to go by Rashad.

popcornhog

Quote from: LubbockHog on October 22, 2014, 03:16:54 pm

D'oh!
WPS

b_stackhouse

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 22, 2014, 05:12:31 pm
Our conference schedule is very favorable. UK and Florida on the road, but the other 16 games include 9 home, 7 road, and no UK/Fla.t

So our 2 toughest conference games are on the road. How is that favorable?

popcornhog

Quote from: b_stackhouse on October 23, 2014, 12:51:01 pm
So our 2 toughest conference games are on the road. How is that favorable?

Favorable in a way that let's us have a good shot at going undefeated at home with only two road losses in conference. We could have UF and UK on the schedule 2x. If we can split with them on the road we'll be in very good shape.

I'm not predicting only two road losses by the way. Just sayin.
WPS

PonderinHog

I thought you meant that we only have to play the two best teams once, popcorn.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: popcornhog on October 23, 2014, 02:29:29 pm
Favorable in a way that let's us have a good shot at going undefeated at home with only two road losses in conference. We could have UF and UK on the schedule 2x. If we can split with them on the road we'll be in very good shape.

Quality > quantity
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 22, 2014, 04:13:13 pm

We are lucky we get to play them....

PORKULATOR

Its fun to win in the Adolf Arena.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

popcornhog

WPS

JONAS

I wish we would go back to the East and West Division in basketball.  Just does not feel right to not play the West teams twice.

b_stackhouse

Quote from: popcornhog on October 23, 2014, 02:29:29 pm

I'm not predicting only two road losses by the way. Just sayin.

I see your point. Guess I was just thinking that if we played them only once, I would rather it be at home than on the road.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: b_stackhouse on October 24, 2014, 12:52:08 pm
Guess I was just thinking that if we played them only once, I would rather it be at home than on the road.

And you would be correct. Beating UK and/or Florida would almost certainly provide us with the greatest RPI boon we can accomplish during conference play. Playing them at BWA certainly would have given us the best chance at doing so.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

choppedporkextrasauce

Wasn't  Kentucky in the Bud two seasons ago.

DeltaHog82

Hopefully we get the same results as last year so it doesn't matter! WPS