Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comparing 2009 to 2014

Started by Fayettechill14, October 22, 2014, 01:21:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

Found this pretty interesting. Here's a comparison of BP's second year with BB's.

-Record of 3-4
-Double-digit home loss to Georgia because we couldn't stop one of their backups (Joe Cox, Nick Chubb)
-OOC win over team that turned out to not be very good (TA&M, Tech)
-One blowout loss (Alabama, Auburn)
-Two heartbreaking losses (Ole Miss and Florida, Texas A&M and Alabama)
-Next game against a weak OOC team (Eastern Michigan, UAB)

The 2009 team beat EMU 63-20 and finished the season on a 4-1 streak to go 7-5.

Of course, this team has a tougher schedule, but still.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I thought the LSU 2009 game was a real heart breaker.
We came all the way back to take a lead with around one minute left.
An LSU ball carrier was tackled INBOUNDS but the officials still stopped the clock on their final drive.

Alex Tejada didnt help us out either. There's a another similarity with 2009. Back FG kickers.

DeltaBoy

We will see what the team and staff can do starting Sat.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MalzahnFan

I know that in 2009 there wasn't a ridiculously fratastic company called Fayettechill and if there were nobody was dumb enough to buy it

Oklahawg

Quote from: MalzahnFan on October 22, 2014, 02:13:26 pm
I know that in 2009 there wasn't a ridiculously fratastic company called Fayettechill and if there were nobody was dumb enough to buy it

Read enough, skippy. The game is old, the reason for playing it stupid, and my tolerance for your asshattery is minimal.

Fayettechill14 provides some of the best threads on HV these days. You bring nothing to the board. Yet, anyway.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Nice OP. I would like for the 3-4 to have already included all possible members of the Top 5. Since that isn't currently the case, so be it.

I believe in CBB and look forward to enjoying the continued progress.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 22, 2014, 02:15:39 pm
Fayettechill14 provides some of the best threads on HV these days. You bring nothing to the board. Yet, anyway.

Agreed.  Fayettechiil14 is one of the few people that brings facts to the discussion.  Something that we are sorely lacking here.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 22, 2014, 02:01:46 pm
I thought the LSU 2009 game was a real heart breaker.
We came all the way back to take a lead with around one minute left.
An LSU ball carrier was tackled INBOUNDS but the officials still stopped the clock on their final drive.

Alex Tejada didnt help us out either. There's a another similarity with 2009. Back FG kickers.
I was at that game in Baton Rouge and the guy was clearly down and inbounds. The player tried to reach for the sideline after his knee was down with the Ref right there. Still made the bogus call. We weren't getting out of tigerstadium that night with a win.

GolfnHog

Dude, tell your mother to call me. I'll remind her she's been remiss is slapping your little mouthy a$$ and it's long overdue. Or she can at least take your computer away from you.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

DeltaHog82

I'd take that finish especially with the teams we have left!

redeye

The 2009 schedule wasn't easy, considering we had A&M OOC and #1 Florida in The Swamp (they were also the defending national champs.)  I've said all along that they were similar, simply because it's both coaches second season at Arkansas, so they should be alike in some ways.

However, Arkansas was close to winning that 2009 Georgia game, so I don't that's a valid comparison.  We had the best 8-5 team in the nation in 2009, but Petrino's offense was easier to build then what Bielema's trying to do, so it shouldn't be surprising if it takes us longer.

passinghog

In 2009 we had Ryan Mallett under center. Just a SLIGHT difference as opposed to what he have now. Slightly.....

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Showtimehog on October 24, 2014, 08:32:06 pm
In 2009 we had Ryan Mallett under center. Just a SLIGHT difference as opposed to what he have now. Slightly.....
And the leader in the clubhouse is Showtimehog. +1
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 22, 2014, 01:21:46 pm
Found this pretty interesting. Here's a comparison of BP's second year with BB's.

-Record of 3-4
-Double-digit home loss to Georgia because we couldn't stop one of their backups (Joe Cox, Nick Chubb)

By the way, this is an excellent topic and thought-provoking to say the least. Good work Chillmeister.
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Bubba's Bruisers

And a very different 2nd half schedule IIRC.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 22, 2014, 01:21:46 pm

-Record of 3-4

Good stuff chill.

code red

A....yeah try a lot tougher but nice try either way this staff is 0-12 in SEC ;)
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bkhardicars

At the beginning of the year I would have been happy wit 6/6 and a bowl game win..Still would, but man 3 wins are gonna be tough. I still think we will beat someone we shouldn't..(ole miss)..I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we beat everyone left except MSU, and I wouldn't be shocked if we lose the rest of them with the exception of UAB...The aTm game may very well bite us in the rear hard...Oh well, that's why they go ahead and play the games..Let's tee it up and see what happens..

LZH

.....and Robert Patrick Petrino......

Vildsvin

Come on ya'll.. apples to oranges.

Air raid offenses dont have to be nearly as deep as ground and pound teams to be successful. Yes we eventually ran the ball alright under Petrino but you got to give credit to defenses playing way off the line of scrimmage for those stats.

Coaches that run a system like Petrino are of coarse going to have a lot of quick success .. but a deep, power run game is built to be a lot more fault tolerant as the season progresses and as we have seen.. can keep those quick scoring teams off the field.

No offense to anyone here, but I dont think it's worthy anyone's time to try and compare BP and BB's second year performances.

bennyl08

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 22, 2014, 02:15:39 pm
Read enough, skippy. The game is old, the reason for playing it stupid, and my tolerance for your asshattery is minimal.

Going by his screenname I'm sure you were in the right here. In his defense, fayetechill is an actual clothing company based in fayetteville, ar providing threads (in the most literal sense of the word) to all of northwest arkansas, not just hogville.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hogfaniam

Quote from: LZH on October 25, 2014, 12:37:57 am
.....and Robert Patrick Petrino......

My biggest Hog related nightmare, post bike wreck, was that CBPP (see what I did there) ended up at LSU as offensive coordinator, under Lester, instead of Cameron.  Who would beat that?  Even Nicky Satan would tremble.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"