Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love for WILLIAMS

Started by planohog78, October 22, 2014, 12:37:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

planohog78

How about some love for Jonathan Williams. Seems like he only gets talked about as a afterthought in a alex collins thread. He could have had 100 yards in the Alabama game and no doubt would have scored on that last pass had Landon collins not made that great play. All i ever see is collins this and collins that.....how about some Williams threads.

PonderinHog

Hogpkins

Kevin

love how he plays. love how he represents himself, and the university
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogpkins

Quote from: Kevin on October 22, 2014, 12:45:26 pm
love how he plays. love how he represents himself, and the university

Yep yep. Just an all-around great player and person.

Dropkick

One of my favorite players. Our other RBs could learn a lot from him, on and off the field.

Capt. Hamm

Hoggish1

Quote from: planohog78 on October 22, 2014, 12:37:14 pm
How about some love for Jonathan Williams. Seems like he only gets talked about as a afterthought in a alex collins thread. He could have had 100 yards in the Alabama game and no doubt would have scored on that last pass had Landon collins not made that great play. All i ever see is collins this and collins that.....how about some Williams threads.

Well said.  He's our most reliable back.  Collins' head is not always in the game.

trashcan maN

Hes clearly our best offensive player this year. Hope hes back next year

Squints Pallaboarus

I've liked this guy since he committed to the Hogs. He his a hard, determined runner. More importantly, he seems to be a high character guy.

My fiance loves this guy, and she's a good judge of character. She picked me after all! Lol.

Horsesrus

My daughter has nothing but good things to say about JWill.  She's had a few classes with him and he appeared at a charity event for her sorority on his bye week.  He's a good student, athlete and even better person.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HOGINTENNESSEE

He is mentally locked in the game. I would give him 75% of the carries right now

razorsharptusk

NFL bound.  He runs with a purpose.
GO HOGS!!

Tejano Jawg

Afterthought?...not from me. He's been my favorite back since he started getting full-time duty. He's amazing and has it all--speed, power, moves, allusiveness, and DRIVE.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

tophawg19

as soon as he committed he went to work recruiting . Ultimate team player . he will be missed when his time is done here . He is what you wish the other 2 were . I like Collins and Marshall but both better get their heads straight or CBB  will move on
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Sooie71923

Bacon_Bitz

I hope he sticks around for his senior year.  He's fun to watch, never lacks for effort, that's for sure.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

He is a beast and will be in the league

urkillnmesmalls

He deserves more credit.  He's runs tough and is durable.  Those are attributes that the NFL is looking for.  The only good news is that RB's are becoming more of a commodity in the NFL in recent years, and very few go in the early rounds anymore.  Maybe that increases the prospects that he'll come back for his Sr. year and possibly do something really special and see if maybe he can improve his draft stock. 

Either way...the kid is out there every week fighting for every inch, and it's impressive.  How easy would it be to mail it in after all he's been through? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PorcineSublime

Never agree with promoting one player over another, but if you need a tough two yards, you hand it to JWill. That doesn't mean that Alex is not an amazing player as well. It isn't really an either or thing since we have them both.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Prestworthy

Huge JWill fan.  Love his enthusiasm and toughness.  Seems to play hard and work hard off the field.

Rzbakfromwaybak

J Williams......is our best RB.  Wished his eligibility would never run out.  If he has a clone, hope our coaches sign him...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

chuggs33

I love a physical running back and he fits the bill.   :razorback:

Danny J

Quote from: razorsharptusk on October 22, 2014, 04:39:39 pm
NFL bound.  He runs with a purpose.
Yeah....he will certainly have a chance at the next level. He runs really hard, can catch the ball and has great character.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PorcineSublime on October 22, 2014, 05:53:37 pm
Never agree with promoting one player over another, but if you need a tough two yards, you hand it to JWill. That doesn't mean that Alex is not an amazing player as well. It isn't really an either or thing since we have them both.

That's right.  They have different styles, and that's a good thing.  Both are exceptional, and I hope we can get back to running it more effectively as the season progresses. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

TNhawgfan

I wish jwill would get more carries and ac less. Give collins some carries when jwill is tired or we're in the red zone, but other than that, feed your best back
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hogsmo Kramer

He has proved this year he's the best back we have.

He plays his guts out and is always dialed in.

His physical skills are awesome but what he's got between the ears is equally as impressive. Hell of a FB player.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Parents, tell your kids to watch JWill.

BatesvilleHOG

JWill is the kind of person you'd point your kids to hoping they begin to look up to them. He is my favorite Razorback.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TNhawgfan on October 22, 2014, 08:36:47 pm
I wish jwill would get more carries and ac less. Give collins some carries when jwill is tired or we're in the red zone, but other than that, feed your best back

Someone hasn't been watching the last couple of games.  But I disagree.  Sure, give Williams more because he's been working harder.  But AC needs more carries to get out of his slump, and if for no other reason, to keep JWill healthy.

DeltaBoy

Feed him the Rock he's doing a good job.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaHog82

Glad to have him in a hog uniform. Hope he hangs around for his senior year!

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Quote from: planohog78 on October 22, 2014, 12:37:14 pm

I'm guilty. Too little appreciation for this cat.

Best attribute, he's a very mature person and player. Hard worker. Super talented. Could have easily pouted when Collins came on board, but has been the steady leader of that unit. Kudos Jonathan!

Wild Boarnado

Great attitude, great running back, definitely makes a positive impact on and off the field. I hope he stays with us next year but if he moves on to the NFL I'll be cheering him on.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

1highhog

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 22, 2014, 12:54:00 pm
Hes clearly our best offensive player this year. Hope hes back next year

JWill's gonna be making some coin after this season, I think he makes and NFL team with his hard running and hard work, it's sure paid off for us these last two seasons, best RB on the team bar none.  The NFL will take him even if it's free agency, and he'll earn a spot, he doesn't fumble, which is so damn hard to believe the way he runs in traffic and pushes the pile, he'll get paid for sure.

DBcooper

JWill is a monster he runs hard and always leaves everything on the field. I just wish Collins would show up to play every game.

deedster84

I was sitting next to the Georgia fans during the game and overheard a couple guys talking about that "fullback" we had that was running over them. I told them that was option 1A not our fullback. They had high praise for the way he ran so hard.

jtw732

Hes our best back I dont care what stats say. Most of collins numbers have come off big plays. Jwill grinds to get his numbers. I feel like collins has a big head this year, he moves more east and west than north and south. He needs to put his head down and hit the hole more and stop worrying about busting one open and just gettong what yards he can get.

alohawg

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on October 22, 2014, 12:50:01 pm
Best back on the team!

He really is and definitely the go to guy in a bind. I still wish he had gotten that last carry in o.t. .against the ags.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hawgzinbowlz

JWs mature leadership is much appreciated.

He lines up and goes to work.

He gets it.

" GO HOGS "

hoglady

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on October 22, 2014, 12:50:01 pm
Best back on the team!

I'm with you.
He doesn't have that big personality that Collins has.
He's just a quiet guy who does a great job on the field.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Hope he stays another year.
We'll NEED him next year. If he leaves that will hurt big time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rusvegashog

JWill's my dude(I'm on record saying as such) and I appreciate the intended purpose of this thread, but it inevitably turns into a slight of the other guys and that's not constructive or fair to anyone. We're gonna need all three and I suspect that they'll be games that each one looks like the better back.

dynastyhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 23, 2014, 08:09:46 am
Someone hasn't been watching the last couple of games.  But I disagree.  Sure, give Williams more because he's been working harder.  But AC needs more carries to get out of his slump, and if for no other reason, to keep JWill healthy.

Work out of the "slump" in practice.  Give it to the hot hand on gamedays.  I love AC but JWill is our best back right now and has been all season.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoglady on October 24, 2014, 09:09:30 pm
Hope he stays another year.
We'll NEED him next year. If he leaves that will hurt big time.

He isn't going to leave, he needs to have a bigger, more productive season before jumping to the NFL. Not to change the subject, but I think that all of the RB's might benefit if we saw more offensive sets with 2 RB's. Not knowing who is going to get the ball, not knowing where they are going, can't do anything but help the RB's production and quite possibly, our offensive output in both passing and running.
Go Hogs Go!

ChicoHog

I hope he stays.  We need him next year.  JW is much more of an NFL back IMO than collins.  I think he may be the MVP of this team. 

smun83

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 25, 2014, 09:02:22 am
He isn't going to leave, he needs to have a bigger, more productive season before jumping to the NFL. Not to change the subject, but I think that all of the RB's might benefit if we saw more offensive sets with 2 RB's. Not knowing who is going to get the ball, not knowing where they are going, can't do anything but help the RB's production and quite possibly, our offensive output in both passing and running.

I'm not sure about this one.  I just looked his stats up and he has 122 carries for 830 yards with 10 touchdowns, and this is against the toughest schedule in the country.  There are four games left and Jwill at his current pace could end up with about 1200 plus yards and about 15 touchdowns.  I'm hoping he comes back so we can win more next year, but there isn't much more he could prove individually.

hogdoc97

No doubt he is our best back. As a matter of fact, I heard that superman wears JWill pajamas and that the boogie man checks his closet at night for JWill. He deserves recognition and credit more than he is getting.