Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Wilkerson

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, October 21, 2014, 11:54:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

has impressed me this fall. I only witnessed one practice this fall, but he really stood out at the plate, in powerful way. He absolutely crushed one half way up the left field chair backs and no one even blinked, which makes me think he does it everyday.

Admittedly, he kind of dropped off my radar after last season, but after seeing his stats in the Fall World Series and seeing him in practice, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a great season at the plate.

For the series:
He lead both teams in walks with 7, so I guess they didn't want to pitch to him.
Lead both teams in OB% at .647%.
2nd in BA at .400%
Had the only 3B.
Tied(5) for 1st with 1 HR.
Lead both teams in slugging at .900%.

Only 5 games, but still, WPS!

Interested in what some of you guys that went to more practices think?

dotnet

I don't want to be negative - but its hard for me to hold out hope for Wilkerson to be much more than a guy who kills non conference / mid-week pitching and is over matched by SEC pitchers.  The Sam Bates style hitter. 

He did do well with his late season at bats last year, so hopefully he has made adjustments and make the previous paragraph look foolish. 

boaron

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on October 21, 2014, 11:54:56 pm
has impressed me this fall. I only witnessed one practice this fall, but he really stood out at the plate, in powerful way. He absolutely crushed one half way up the left field chair backs and no one even blinked, which makes me think he does it everyday.

Admittedly, he kind of dropped off my radar after last season, but after seeing his stats in the Fall World Series and seeing him in practice, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a great season at the plate.

For the series:
He lead both teams in walks with 7, so I guess they didn't want to pitch to him.
Lead both teams in OB% at .647%.
2nd in BA at .400%
Had the only 3B.
Tied(5) for 1st with 1 HR.
Lead both teams in slugging at .900%.

Only 5 games, but still, WPS!

Interested in what some of you guys that went to more practices think?

High OBP with power.  What's not to like?

What's your and others opinion on Eagan?

Kevin

wilkerson did hit the ball hard in the regionals at virginia. hope he has a breakout senior year.

spoon had the most rbi's with 6
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: dotnet on October 22, 2014, 08:56:43 am
but its hard for me to hold out hope for Wilkerson to be much more than a guy who kills non conference / mid-week pitching and is over matched by SEC pitchers.   
That's the way I was looking at him too, but he's back on my radar and hope it works out for him.

jry04

I am surprised he is doing so well. Maybe time off is what he needed, because he didn't do anything this summer baseball wise.