Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruit asking CBB to DM Him on Twitter... (BG lean, slid into DMs)

Started by FBREW000, October 21, 2014, 10:32:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBREW000

Tony Soto  ‏@TonySoto9  · 3h3 hours ago 
@BretBielema hey coach this is Antonyo sotologo form Gulliver prep senior free safety friends with Cornelius Floyd can you DM me plz

Hmmm

PorkRinds

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

deedster84

He's visiting Wisconsin this weekend. Maybe he's asking about restaurants.

redeye

Quote from: deedster84 on October 21, 2014, 11:55:21 pm
He's visiting Wisconsin this weekend. Maybe he's asking about restaurants.

I'm gonna guess he's making sure his offer is still commitable, so he doesn't have to visit Wisconsin.

Did he spell his name wrong or do the services have it wrong?

SemperFi

I like the way this sounds. A position of great need and instant playing time. Would love to have RD weigh in on this.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The_Boot_stops_here

COCHISE

The Boar War

Quote from: redeye on October 22, 2014, 12:46:09 am
I'm gonna guess he's making sure his offer is still commitable, so he doesn't have to visit Wisconsin.

Did he spell his name wrong or do the services have it wrong?

I would imagine if it were commitable he wouldn't have to resort to the "I'm friends with..." identifier.  I'm not making fun of the guy but to me that seems pretty telling about their relationship.

The_Iceman

AllHog90

In a few of those 247 pics, he looks like he could be one of Tiger Woods' lost sons..

Wildhog

Sotolongo is one that they really like, and it appears there's quite a bit of mutual interest.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: SemperFi on October 22, 2014, 05:48:46 am
I like the way this sounds. A position of great need and instant playing time. Would love to have RD weigh in on this.

Give it time. Arkansas knows about Soto and his interest.

The_Iceman

Wildhog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2014, 10:06:00 am
Is anyone concerned with his 40 time @ 4.67?

Not the least bit concerned with what some recruiting service lists his 40 time.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Break & Run

Gulliver prep, where have I heard that from before?  Do we have a current player from there?
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

The Hogfather

Quote from: Break & Run on October 22, 2014, 01:22:43 pm
Gulliver prep, where have I heard that from before?  Do we have a current player from there?

He said it in the tweet.  Cornelius Floyd.

3kgthog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 22, 2014, 11:07:44 am
Not the least bit concerned with what some recruiting service lists his 40 time.

I'm more inclined to buy the 4.67 since that's what he ran at the SPARQ combine in February.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 22, 2014, 02:04:58 pm
I'm more inclined to buy the 4.67 since that's what he ran at the SPARQ combine in February.

KJ Hill ran a 4.59. Laser times are always slower than hand helds (or what kids say they run).

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MissippHog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 22, 2014, 09:54:56 am
Give it time. Arkansas knows about Soto and his interest.
Thanks Richard.  So, reading between the lines and inferring a little here, is it safe to say this kid would commit if we allowed him to?  Or am I reaching a little too much here?

WBC Hog

Quote from: COCHISE on October 22, 2014, 07:44:58 am
I like to see those Ivy League offers.

I like to see those powerhouse BCS offers.

Sourpuss

For me, perhaps the most disturbing thing is the crystal ball prediction.  100% to Arkansas can't be good if you go by the record of the crystal ball.  I hope we can get that straightened out.

hawgdavis

The fastest time Jerry Rice ever had in the 40 was a 4.5 but he didn't get run down from behind too many times. Game speed for many folks is allot different than their 40 time also have to take into consideration vision, instincts, and just plain football savy.

Mike_e

It would be interesting to see the difference between running in shorts and running it in full pads.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

zebra

Quote from: AllHog90 on October 22, 2014, 09:37:02 am
In a few of those 247 pics, he looks like he could be one of Tiger Woods' lost sons..

Wasn't he the QB in "Remember the Titans"?

navyhog24

Probably is with all the women Tiger was with ;)

Wildhog

Could have gotten a bad start, could have been recovering from an injury (like KJ Hill was, IIRC), could just be that he runs a 4.67 laser.  Joe Adams ran a 4.55 at the combine. 

Bottom line is a lot of big time programs want to add him to their team.  A lot of very good coaches want him.  He will only help to continue opening up the pipeline into S Florida.  This guy (and a few other S Florida guys) are near the top of my wish list.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

If he can whack an offensive back like Tiger can a golf ball we have to have him...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.