Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia beats Hogs and now they are world beaters????

Started by HoginGa, October 21, 2014, 08:26:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoginGa

October 21, 2014, 08:26:04 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:37:44 am by HoginGa
As an Arkansas Traveler out here in Georgia ....it's very interesting that the sports radio folks and fans think that beating our Hogs (with absolutely no mention of our second half play) that its on and they are the team to beat....I take that as an scknowledgement of how far we have came in two years and where we are headed...WPS!!!!

HF#1

Georgia is a very good football team and  a lot of folks under estimated them.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HoginGa

I agree and if they get Gurley back look out...my point is they are extremely proud of doing what they should have   Because they are nothing but four and five stars....I think Coach B is moving us into uncharted territory....WPS

HoginGa

Nick Chub is a five star blue chipper of course he's good....

Arazorbackguy1

They underestimated them for good reason. They lost to a terrible USC-E team. You can't take that back.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HF#1

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 21, 2014, 08:38:59 pm
They underestimated them for good reason. They lost to a terrible USC-E team. You can't take that back.

They are a very good football team and if they make it to the SEC championship game, they could very well win it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BrianWPS!!

They may not be world beaters but who's going to beat them? Nobody left on their schedule and they match up perfectly with any west team due to flat out speed on the defense not big husky guys that can't run. They will win the east I think because they are flat out fast and more athletic on the defensive side of the ball and DAMN Chubb is a star in the making. Still not gurly though, yet.

HiggiePiggy

It's what Richt does.  Plays great for a little bit. Loses to a bad team then plays good for a little bit then loses again.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

rzrbackrob

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2014, 08:42:36 pm
It's what Richt does.  Plays great for a little bit. Loses to a bad team then plays good for a little bit then loses again.

Every year Georgia looks like they are going to put it all together, but somehow they always find a way not to.

Georgia is the type of team under Richt that might be able to squeeze into a 8 team or 16 team playoff system on a regular basis, but may never make it into a 4 team playoff situation.
Good is the enemy of great

moses_007

Georgia has won 5 straight SEC games, and will win the SEC East.

Hogarusa

Its not just that they beat the Hogs, its that they manhandled them on the road.  A week after destroying Mizzou on the road.  That will turn some heads
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: moses_007 on October 21, 2014, 09:20:43 pm

They should win the east. Everyone else in there will have 2 or 3 sec losses.  Heck they would win it with 2 sec losses. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Pigsknuckles

Sigh...you have once again come down from the mountain with irrefutable wisdom.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Locutus_of_Boar

UF is down for the duration of Muschamp.  UK and UT aren't ready.  Visorboy is in quasi retirement. Vandy is MIA.

Mizzou is the fraud of the week.

UGa is the best of the east just not the beast of the east.  No one else will spot them 31 points in a quarter.  UGA will beat UF and UK and lock the east then may turn around and drop one at home to Auburn and end up 10-2 before losing to Bama again in the ATL.

Bama and the Egg Bowl winner go to the playoff.

lumphog

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 08:26:47 pm
We are too......and a lot of folks (mostly our so called fans) are under estimating this team. We're not that far off. LIGHT YEARS ahead of last year. I'm happy that we're moving in the right direction. I wish I had one of them cute little witches that wiggles her nose, but since I don't.....I'll have to wait till we get the hosses to turn the corner.....It's coming & we WILL beat someone we're not suppose to.

jkstock04

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 08:40:25 pm
They are a very good football team and if they make it to the SEC championship game, they could very well win it.
If you would've made this comment at this time last week, you would've been laughed off the board. It's funny how absolutes, facts, and sure things around here change so quickly.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

lumphog

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 21, 2014, 11:31:32 pm
If you would've made this comment at this time last week, you would've been laughed off the board. It's funny how absolutes, facts, and sure things around here change so quickly.
It AMAZES me

MJ2

They are VERY good, however they tend to lose the big ones.   You can count on Richt to get you 10 wins/year, but getting a NC is a different story.

code red

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 08:26:47 pm
Agreed.  Chubb made us like it....a freshman.  Yeah we got our butts kicked.  I don't want to hear about the points scored in the 2nd half.  They were playing a different defense and subbing in 2nd and 3rd in the depth chart. Give up 31 points in the 2nd???  That is not good.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: MJ2 on October 22, 2014, 07:57:20 am
They are VERY good, however they tend to lose the big ones.   You can count on Richt to get you 10 wins/year, but getting a NC is a different story.
I'd take it...cause he does it every year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: lumphog on October 21, 2014, 11:19:57 pm
We are too......and a lot of folks (mostly our so called fans) are under estimating this team. We're not that far off. LIGHT YEARS ahead of last year. I'm happy that we're moving in the right direction. I wish I had one of them cute little witches that wiggles her nose, but since I don't.....I'll have to wait till we get the hosses to turn the corner.....It's coming & we WILL beat someone we're not suppose to.
I think your over estimating this team to win a SEC game this year without a true leader on the field and a team that continually makes the same undisciplined mistakes.  Illegal formations??  Personal fouls??  On 3rd and LONG.  Mentally this team is not ready to win.  Are we improved physically?  Yes...a resounding yes.  Are we improved mentally....heck no.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: HoginGa on October 21, 2014, 08:33:40 pm
I agree and if they get Gurley back look out...my point is they are extremely proud of doing what they should have   Because they are nothing but four and five stars....I think Coach B is moving us into uncharted territory....WPS

Hahaha...uncharted territory? You cannot be serious? 

Unless you mean the 0-12 streak? That is definitely uncharted for us.

SMDH.....

PRJ

Hogwild

They are 4-1 in SEC play this year.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Smokehouse

Lately USC/GA is one of those games that is close every year, regardless of the talent on the two teams, like the Hogs and LSU in recent years. It's turned into a nice rivalry. Plus you had USC-e at home, desperate to keep their season alive the week after getting embarrassed by A&M. Sometimes upsets just happen.

UGA is a really good team that got downgraded on Hogville because there was an echo effect with everyone repeating the same tired lines about Richt and the east being down.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Choctaw Hog

Give the Bulldogs their due.  Georgia is damn good and playing better than they were earlier in the year.  They will win the East and probably win out beating Auburn in the process. That will put them in the SEC Championship Game and it wouldn't be a "big" upset if they beat whoever they played from the West.

If that happens they will be in the 4-team playoff and could win the National Championship.  No team is "head and shoulders" better than the rest and I would take the Bulldogs right now over any team outside the SEC including any of those likely to be in the final four; Florida State, Michigan State, Oregon, or TCU.   

Redhogs

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 21, 2014, 11:31:32 pm
Exactly....he probably picked the Hogs to win big.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: HoginGa on October 21, 2014, 08:33:40 pm
You can't be serious....Like the Titanic moving into uncharted territory?
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hoggish1

I think, if they make it to Atlanta, that they will be blown out.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 21, 2014, 09:23:54 pm
Its not just that they beat the Hogs, its that they manhandled them on the road.  A week after destroying Mizzou on the road.  That will turn some heads

If you think they "manhandled" anybody you accidentally tuned into another game.

They had a a short span where they took advantage of some huge gifts and we played out worst game, to date (something that occasionally happens when you have to go on the road after a very emotional loss).  That's all that happened last Sat.

SemperHawg

I'm definitely not going to bag on Georgia given what they just did to us... If I were a UGA fan I would be cautious in my optimism.  Plus 11 in T.O. margin through two games is an astounding number. Yes they should be credited for being able to capitalize on those take aways but it still takes an opponent shooting themselves in the foot an unusually high number of times. How will Georgia react when the worm turns and they are playing a team who doesn't turn it over 5 or 6 times in a game?

ifghog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2014, 09:43:32 am
I think, if they make it to Atlanta, that they will be blown out.
Well I would def disagree with you. They have the talent to math up with anyone. Who would blow them out???Just curious.

Torqued pork

Georgia is the OU of the SEC with a more likeable coach.

Even Florida will be hard pressed to help the Dawgs more than we did.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ifghog on October 22, 2014, 11:17:13 am
Well I would def disagree with you. They have the talent to math up with anyone. Who would blow them out???Just curious.

They would not math up well with Bummer, LShwo, Ole piss or mistake (or even allbarn)...

Smokehouse

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2014, 01:05:00 pm
They would not math up well with Bummer, LShwo, Ole piss or mistake (or even allbarn)...

They'll beat Auburn when they play them in the regular season. Could easily beat LSU. I think UGA's d-line gives State trouble. Ole Miss would be the toughest challenge for them, but you can be a really good team and struggle with Ole Miss this season.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 22, 2014, 12:08:05 pm
Georgia is the OU of the SEC with a more likeable coach.

Even Florida will be hard pressed to help the Dawgs more than we did.

I believe Georgia would curb stomp the sooners if they got a chance. That would be ugly.

Torqued pork

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on October 22, 2014, 01:22:44 pm
I believe Georgia would curb stomp the sooners if they got a chance. That would be ugly.
You're probably right. I was just thinking how both teams often fall a bit short of yearly high expectations.

hoglady

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2014, 08:42:36 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Only you explained it better than me.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lumphog

Quote from: code red on October 22, 2014, 08:12:22 am
I think your over estimating this team to win a SEC game this year without a true leader on the field and a team that continually makes the same undisciplined mistakes.  Illegal formations??  Personal fouls??  On 3rd and LONG.  Mentally this team is not ready to win.  Are we improved physically?  Yes...a resounding yes.  Are we improved mentally....heck no.
I'm saying....we can play with anyone in the west....."IF" we don't shoot "our self" in the foot....we can beat anyone in the west. I agree about the mental part....But, the potential to win is there.

SPAL

No if about it... They are in the driver's seat. But they won't beat bama or auburn or miss st. They could beat ole miss.... Who knows who will win the west at this point. The egg and iron bowls will be epic.

Est. 1981

Well Todd Gurley was Reinstated today so only helps them even more getting back the most explosive RB in the country. He will play Saturday per ESPN.
UofA Alumni 2007

Hogarusa

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 22, 2014, 09:47:45 am
If you think they "manhandled" anybody you accidentally tuned into another game.

They had a a short span where they took advantage of some huge gifts and we played out worst game, to date (something that occasionally happens when you have to go on the road after a very emotional loss).  That's all that happened last Sat.

Sure, sure.  Thats what happened.  Hogs didnt get dominated in the first half on both sides of the line at all.  We just gave huge gifts, like TDs when we were on defense and free meetings at the QB when on offense.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

GA beats themselves far more than any opponent beats them.  They have the ability to screw up and the OC can sometimes be worse than ours, far worse.
I thought they were ripe for a letdown game against us but they beat us like a rented mule.

If GA gives its best, any current college team could lose to them.  BAMA just played a horrible game against us and then wore A&M out.

Some folks on here insist that we've been in nearly every game we've lost this season and that's is just not the case.  Aubbie would still be scoring and stopping us if we were still playing that game.  We held on for a half and then we had nothing for them.  A&M was similar but they weren't as good and it took longer for them to take over.  By mid 4th quarter, we were through and they were just getting started.  BAMA played horrible for nearly the entire game and still beat us at home and had the game in control late.  GA just kicked our butts. 

We are not ready for prime time in the SEC, not even close.  I thought we might beat MO and still think its possible.  LSU is growing up daily and they are likely already out of our league.  If MO will just fold, we can get that one SEC win behind us.

As for uncharted waters, we are deep in those waters right now and no compass, sexton or radio equipment to assist us.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2014, 01:33:45 pm
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Only you explained it better than me.

That's just 'cause you you haven't splained it yet.. :D
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: 12247 on October 22, 2014, 05:45:17 pm
GA beats themselves far more than any opponent beats them.  They have the ability to screw up and the OC can sometimes be worse than ours, far worse.

I hear their fans saying, "BOBO Gotta GOGO".

Ours is, "Good Chaney, Bad Chaney"
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

GoHogs1091

Georgia should be given credit for playing a good non-conference opponent (Clemson).  Don't be surprised if that win by Georgia against Clemson turns out to be the best non-conference win by any SEC team this season (Clemson could go 10-2 this season).  The rest of the SEC played against garbage in the non-conference part of their schedules.

Georgia was really only 1 bad play call away from winning against South Carolina (the call down by the goal line in which their OC, Mike Bobo, decided to throw the ball instead of giving the ball to Gurley, and it resulted in an intentional grounding call).  With Gurley, Georgia is good enough to win against any of the SEC West teams in the SEC Championship game in Atlanta.  No one can slow down Gurley (even Alabama didn't slow him down in the SEC Championship game when Gurley was a True Freshman).

Smokehouse

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 22, 2014, 09:31:00 pm
Georgia should be given credit for playing a good non-conference opponent (Clemson).  Don't be surprised if that win by Georgia against Clemson turns out to be the best non-conference win by any SEC team this season (Clemson could go 10-2 this season).  The rest of the SEC played against garbage in the non-conference part of their schedules.

Georgia was really only 1 bad play call away from winning against South Carolina (the call down by the goal line in which their OC, Mike Bobo, decided to throw the ball instead of giving the ball to Gurley, and it resulted in an intentional grounding call).  With Gurley, Georgia is good enough to win against any of the SEC West teams in the SEC Championship game in Atlanta.  No one can slow down Gurley (even Alabama didn't slow him down in the SEC Championship game when Gurley was a True Freshman).

Kansas State will end up being a much better win than Clemson, even if K-State gift wrapped that victory to Auburn.

But agreed on the rest. The whole "Mark Richt under performs" is just a garbage narrative that people repeat because they've heard it enough. Most of the "bad losses" he's had has come after the team has been hit by serious injury problems, a couple of times disciplinary problems (because Richt actually has the character to sit good players for all of a meaningful game), or simply because they played a row of great teams consecutively.

Most teams in the country would have a loss or two under some of the circumstances UGA had over the past 5-6 years, and they were still a game or even a play away from playing for the title in a few of those.

redeye

It wouldn't shock me if Georgia won the SEC this year.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 22, 2014, 09:38:20 pm
Kansas State will end up being a much better win than Clemson, even if K-State gift wrapped that victory to Auburn.

But agreed on the rest. The whole "Mark Richt under performs" is just a garbage narrative that people repeat because they've heard it enough. Most of the "bad losses" he's had has come after the team has been hit by serious injury problems, a couple of times disciplinary problems (because Richt actually has the character to sit good players for all of a meaningful game), or simply because they played a row of great teams consecutively.

Most teams in the country would have a loss or two under some of the circumstances UGA had over the past 5-6 years, and they were still a game or even a play away from playing for the title in a few of those.

There are projections that have an SEC team playing against Clemson in the Orange Bowl (Auburn and Ole Miss have been projected to play them).  If Clemson wins a Bowl Game against a SEC team (and assuming Clemson wins against South Carolina, which could happen considering South Carolina's play this season), it will be 2 wins against the SEC by Clemson this season, which will be 2 more wins against the SEC than Kansas State (unless Kansas State plays in a Bowl Game against a SEC team and Kansas State wins).

Clemson has been the only non SEC team who has been able to win consistently against the SEC.

2012  Clemson won against Auburn
2012  Clemson won against a top 10 ranked LSU
2013  Clemson won against a top 10 ranked Georgia

Smokehouse

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 22, 2014, 09:48:44 pm
There are projections that have an SEC team playing against Clemson in the Orange Bowl (Auburn and Ole Miss have been projected to play them).  If Clemson wins a Bowl Game against a SEC team (and assuming Clemson wins against South Carolina, which could happen considering South Carolina's play this season), it will be 2 wins against the SEC by Clemson this season, which will be 2 more wins against the SEC than Kansas State (unless Kansas State plays in a Bowl Game against a SEC team and Kansas State wins).

Clemson has been the only non SEC team who has been able to win consistently against the SEC.

2012  Clemson won against Auburn
2012  Clemson won against a top 10 ranked LSU
2013  Clemson won against a top 10 ranked Georgia

Clemson also lost to a Florida State team that didn't have Jameis Winston and has played poorly a lot of the season even with Jameis on the field.