Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog on Big Break

Started by Wooderson, October 21, 2014, 08:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooderson

Does anyone watch big break?  I don't watch it much, but did the other day and noticed a ball with a Hog logo on it.  There is a female former Hog golfer on there.  Her name is Emily Tubert.  I don't follow woman's golf so don't know anything about her.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

userpick

I played a tournament last month with Jimmy Brandt who is on the big break right now also. By far the best player I've ever played with.

Gohogs600

Quote from: Wooderson on October 21, 2014, 08:24:28 pm
Does anyone watch big break?  I don't watch it much, but did the other day and noticed a ball with a Hog logo on it.  There is a female former Hog golfer on there.  Her name is Emily Tubert.  I don't follow woman's golf so don't know anything about her.

She can definitely compete with the rest of the folks on that show, & will represent the hogs well!

Dr. Starcs

She's from California and her dad is apparently a somewhat famous actor.

She was a great Hog.  If you don't follow the Razorbacks' women's golf team, it's actually a lot of fun.  Ranking number 1 in the country right now too.

Gohogs600

Quote from: Karma on October 22, 2014, 10:59:28 am
She was a great Hog.  If you don't follow the Razorbacks' women's golf team, it's actually a lot of fun.  Ranking number 1 in the country right now too.

+1. The next 2-3 years are looking great for the team. The men are working hard but have had some challenges this year, but are still in good shape for the next few years. Not to mention the talent they have graduated into the pro tours over the last couple of years.

Equally impressive is that both the guys and ladies keep their grades up at the same time. Players and coaching staff are a great group. I'd not be surprised if we see more :razorback: logos sewn on bags while watching pga and lpga events on TV over the next 10 years or so. Too much talent coming up not to....

HognitiveDissonance

Emily Tubert is from Burbank, CA. Her dad is an actor. Nothing famous, just steady acting work.

It's one of the great recruiting coups of all time for Arkansas to land Tubert as she was one of the highest ranked lady golfers that year and literally could have wrote her ticket anywhere. Heckuva of a recruiting job to get her. I don't think she had any ties to Arkansas, just chose the Hogs for some reason. Maybe wanted to get away from home, I don't know.

She had a very nice career at UA, was a three-time All-American, won a half dozen times or more. Considering the hype, some might hope for more, when compared to someone like Stacy Lewis who came in with no hype but won SEC Player of the Year and was an NCAA individual champion. Tubert never did any of that, but it was a very solid collegiate career any way you look at it.

Obviously Emily is all about the Hogs as she is wearing Hog gear on TV all the time. I've seen her on Golf Channel several times and she represents very well.

mhuff

Quote from: Karma on October 22, 2014, 10:59:28 am

Wow .... didn't know that..... awesome....WPS

Golf team is leading after day 1 of a major tournament in Texas.

root_hawg

Wooderson

Interesting stuff.  So far she is looking very capable on the show.  Hope she can pull it off.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

root_hawg

I actually enjoy this show

root_hawg

She was in elimination last night but made it through

Dr. Starcs

Our girl in the final 4, competing against 3 dudes. She outlasted 2 Lsu corndog chicks.

GolfNut57

Has that arrogant jackazz Anthony been booted yet? That turd is a classless jerk.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 03, 2014, 08:15:32 pm
Has that arrogant jackazz Anthony been booted yet? That turd is a classless jerk.
I have gone from hating Anthony to laughing at him now. The things he says are funny.

I really don't think he's faking though, for theater. He's just a dude with a massive chip on his shoulder. He's so over the top with it that his competitors just laugh it off now as well, I think.

Dude has game, though. He's been the most clutch performer on the show so far. Every single time he's needed a shot, he's produced it, in dramatic fashion usually.

GolfNut57

So he's one of the four huh? Well crap. Yeah he's got game. I'll give him that. But golf is supposed to be the sport of gentlemen. Which he isn't. I can just see him on the PGA. If he wins he will strut more than Woods ever did. And if he loses it will always be the caddies fault because HE has all the shots. Or so he has claimed on the show.

Speaking of theater....I have often thought the Big Break was set up from the beginning with who is going to win.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dr. Starcs

Well if the outcome is pre-determined, then you can't be naive enough to not think Anthony's actions aren't either then right?

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 04, 2014, 07:12:47 am
Well if the outcome is pre-determined, then you can't be naive enough to not think Anthony's actions aren't either then right?

Oh I agree. If the winner is predetermined than his actions are indeed just stage dressing.

But if it is real..........then he really is just a jerk. lol

Dr. Starcs

Lol.

Of course I want the hog to win. But after that, I'm actually hoping Anthony wins it. Lol

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 04, 2014, 10:14:59 am
Lol.

Of course I want the hog to win. But after that, I'm actually hoping Anthony wins it. Lol

Anyone but him in my book. Although I doubt Emily will outlast all the men. if she does...its definitely rigged. lol

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 04, 2014, 10:30:16 am
Anyone but him in my book. Although I doubt Emily will outlast all the men. if she does...its definitely rigged. lol
Emily was the first player featured on the Morning Drive's recap of the episode, after the first episode in October. Makes me wonder if she won the thing....

Dr. Starcs

Well that's how I pick 'em.

Anthony and our girl got beat last night.

Now we have the auburn tiger and the stoner from Utah in the finals.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 10, 2014, 07:24:14 am
Well that's how I pick 'em.

Anthony and our girl got beat last night.

Now we have the auburn tiger and the stoner from Utah in the finals.

Too bad about Emily. She's a awesome golfer and seems to be a great person.

On the other hand, I'm happy as hell to see el jerko gone. He's an arrogant pos who couldn't stop running his mouth even in a loss.

userpick

As I said earlier in the thread, I played with Jimmy a few months ago. Super nice guy and an incredible player. I hope he wins...

GolfNut57

Quote from: userpick on December 10, 2014, 03:15:30 pm
As I said earlier in the thread, I played with Jimmy a few months ago. Super nice guy and an incredible player. I hope he wins...

My money would be on him if I was the betting type. How and where did you get the chance to play with him?

userpick

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 10, 2014, 03:47:06 pm
My money would be on him if I was the betting type. How and where did you get the chance to play with him?

Mini tour event in Alabama. He shot a smooth 66 (-6) and made it look easy.

GolfNut57

Quote from: userpick on December 10, 2014, 04:00:54 pm
Mini tour event in Alabama. He shot a smooth 66 (-6) and made it look easy.

And playing from the tips. Right?

userpick

HognitiveDissonance

The ideal finale would have been Charlie and Emily.
Emily represents herself(and the UA) very well. She's well spoken and very talented.
A very interesting comment from her after she was eliminated. Said things about being fired up and re-committed to golf, that a couple of years of college she wasn't that passionate about it. Considering her high school resume, Emily's college career, while very good, might be considered a disappointment. She was all-world as a junior, and even though she was a two-time All-American at Arkansas, her collegiate career just wasn't as dominant as some people hoped for. Expectations too high? Perhaps, but her comments shed light on maybe why she 'struggled' some. Basically, it amounts to going off to college and trying to find your way in life, trying to figure out what you want to do.
She's basically another Michelle Wie; a mega-talented lady golfer with all the potential in the world; can she put it all together, and does she want to?

root_hawg

Saw she had a hog cover on her yardage book the other night.  Can't believe she missed that 4 foot putt but that is the difference between mini-tour and big tour

Quote from: root_hawg on December 11, 2014, 12:01:37 pm
Saw she had a hog cover on her yardage book the other night.  Can't believe she missed that 4 foot putt but that is the difference between mini-tour and big tour
She'll be on the big tour within the next few years, almost certainly.