Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McKenzie Adams

Started by BWS, October 21, 2014, 07:17:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjack

Didn't want to do things the way the coach wanted.

razorjack

She did not want to do things the way coach wanted them done.

Porked Tongue

Personality conflict and not really of her own making. 

Jim Harris

Quote from: flippinhogmana on October 22, 2014, 06:07:46 pm
and, I hoped for a better start for Jimmy.  :-\

why do fans think a player leaving before the season starts with a new coach around is something bad. Usually it's a positive.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

flippinhogmana

Losing two of your top four guards on a guard heavy offensive/defense mindset (pressing'trapping) and getting down to just nine scholarship players (all that are apt to suit up and play) is not usually within the realm of "positive", Jim, new coach or not.  It certainly didn't help Nolan Richardson or Mike Anderson when they took over the men's program or any other program I know of junior high, high school or college.  He didnt just loose Adams, he also lost Pitts.

There might be addition by subtraction benefits or long term benefits like extra scholarships available, but or the long term benefit of increased maturation of some players due to extra playing time, but all that comes at a present day cost 99 times out of a hundred. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Jim Harris

Quote from: flippinhogmana on November 22, 2014, 02:03:34 pm
Losing two of your top four guards on a guard heavy offensive/defense mindset (pressing'trapping) and getting down to just nine scholarship players (all that are apt to suit up and play) is not usually within the realm of "positive", Jim, new coach or not.  It certainly didn't help Nolan Richardson or Mike Anderson when they took over the men's program or any other program I know of junior high, high school or college.  He didnt just loose Adams, he also lost Pitts.

There might be addition by subtraction benefits or long term benefits like extra scholarships available, but or the long term benefit of increased maturation of some players due to extra playing time, but all that comes at a present day cost 99 times out of a hundred. 

I'm not saying it won't hurt the team in terms of wins this season. Might have cost a few, in fact, without her. But a coach has to set his ground rules and expectations immediately and the same for everybody from the get-go, not make them up as they go. We saw that with men's basketball a coach or two ago.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

MoHog74

Interesting with all the discussion/comments about Adams and Pitts leaving, that no one has mentioned how unsuccessful our season will be due to the loss of Faussurier.  :)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: MoHog74 on November 22, 2014, 04:21:55 pm
Interesting with all the discussion/comments about Adams and Pitts leaving, that no one has mentioned how unsuccessful our season will be due to the loss of Faussurier.  :)

Didn't mention her directly but her leaving helps contribute to being down to only nine.  Reason- one, she isn't a guard, and two most of us saw even less performance out of her than out of Bailey.

Jim, don't sign me up as a malcontent, just a lament-er.  Like I said, I hoped for a better start for Jimmy.  I don't know, but what it might have been best, I leave out the possibility of both or all three of them being additions by subtraction, statistically that's unlikely, but possible.  I do like the chemistry of the team so far.   I am willing to wait, and see what happens.

The other point is that no one I have seen in any of the threads mentioning Pitts and Adams has said it doomed the team to anything.  We have just recognized that it will be much harder without much guard depth and depth in general.  We were already a fairly young team.  If they can weather the lack of depth, and other adversity, Jimmy will have really done a masterful job at years end. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 22, 2014, 02:18:14 pm
I'm not saying it won't hurt the team in terms of wins this season. Might have cost a few, in fact, without her. But a coach has to set his ground rules and expectations immediately and the same for everybody from the get-go, not make them up as they go. We saw that with men's basketball a coach or two ago.
I agree  - all have to play by the same rules.  You definitely see that in the football coaches approach and it is paying off.  There is no "I" in TEAM!  We have all heard that and know how true it is. Another true statement - one spoiled apple will spoil the others if you do not remove it.

flippinhogmana

That spoiled apple analogy is where I most definitely don't want to go.  You can't say that Bria Pitts left amicably, and it was just a personality conflict with Mackenzie Adams and turn right around and use that analogy.  I am wishing for the best, but please don't disparage those that left with a careless analogy. 

VBMark

They both seem like classy ladies who left with their class still intact. I hope the very best for them.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Hawgballz

Quote from: flippinhogmana on October 26, 2014, 10:01:29 pm
I repeated what some one said as fact (that as far as I know no one ever contradicted so I supposed it stood as true) that Jimmy's position was back when he was first hired, that he doesn't use men for practice.  One of the other posters said he had been at practice and they had three men playing, so that apparently wasn't true.  A point where I was gladly corrected. 

I don't know if that was because they were short due to the numbers or if they wanted the team to practice against extra height like I did in junior high and high school with my girl's teams, but that's one option too.  But by all means mhuff, I am with you, they have to practice one way or another.

When they go 5 on 5 in practice, they play 5 guys versus the ladies.  The practice is very fast paced, the guys have clearly been told to take their first available shot because if they don't get it inside within 3 passes they put up a 3 and go.  The guys are all decent players and I am guessing they are wanting to be coaches.  I didn't ask.  The entire practice with JD is very organized and fast paced, they really get a lot done in 2 hours.  Dykes will win at Arkansas and be a great ambassador for the university. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Hawgballz on December 04, 2014, 07:50:31 pm
When they go 5 on 5 in practice, they play 5 guys versus the ladies.  The practice is very fast paced, the guys have clearly been told to take their first available shot because if they don't get it inside within 3 passes they put up a 3 and go.  The guys are all decent players and I am guessing they are wanting to be coaches.  I didn't ask.  The entire practice with JD is very organized and fast paced, they really get a lot done in 2 hours.  Dykes will win at Arkansas and be a great ambassador for the university.

I assume this is a first hand report and good to hear.  Thanks for sharing brother Hawg(ballz)!

Hawgballz

Quote from: flippinhogmana on December 04, 2014, 08:11:23 pm
I assume this is a first hand report and good to hear.  Thanks for sharing brother Hawg(ballz)!

Yes, I have attended practices. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!