Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just plain ridiculous......

Started by GolfNut57, October 21, 2014, 07:10:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

poloprince

At the end of the day as a AD, coach, and qb you must win games regardless of the circumstances and that is the bottom line.  It's the nature of the beast and it is what it is.

Bama fans had a meltdown over a victory fwiw.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Redhogs on October 22, 2014, 07:33:36 am
"I cannot stress to you enough that the record is absolutely irrelevant this year and last year"....your post lost all credibility and common sense with the first sentence.

My goal was not to gain credibility.  I'm just telling you how it actually is.  Whether or not you believe this it is totally up to you.  You can either listen to experience or ignore it.  No matter to me.  Enjoy your day.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

jkstock04

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 22, 2014, 08:24:37 am
It is easy for ASU fans to cast stones since they had 3 coaches in 3 years and won their conferance all 3 years if memory serves me right.
If that ain't a slap of reality...lol wonder what their fans would think if they reverted back to 1970's football and had the same results we have had?

Guarantee you this guy wouldn't be here telling us how to act. Judging from what I saw last night with the fake punt on the 6 yard line they have problems on their own.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: poloprince on October 22, 2014, 08:42:05 am
At the end of the day as a AD, coach, and qb you must win games regardless of the circumstances and that is the bottom line.  It's the nature of the beast and it is what it is.

Bama fans had a meltdown over a victory fwiw.

Luckily, we are in position to have an AD that is smarter than Average Panicky Fan and knows this will take time to come out of.  If our AD was as panicky and emotionally immature (instant gratification) as most fans posting here, the program would be in 10x more trouble than some of you imagine it is.

Hoggish1

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 21, 2014, 07:10:21 pm
This is just my two cents on the plight of Razorback football. FWIW, some of you are just plain ridiculous with your bashing of your our team, your our coaches, and of Jeff Long. Now I am a Red Wolf fan but I hang out on Hogville mainly for the golf forum and for the laughs every time this board melts down after each loss. But with that being said.....

For starters, let me fix your first ¶, as best I can.  This is not their team.  They are trolls trying to wreak havoc on our program.

It's why they having nothing to say after a win, say, over NIU or TT. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 22, 2014, 08:43:44 am
If that ain't a slap of reality...lol wonder what their fans would think if they reverted back to 1970's football and had the same results we have had?

Guarantee you this guy wouldn't be here telling us how to act. Judging from what I saw last night with the fake punt on the 6 yard line they have problems on their own.

ASU's problem last night was that ULL was the better team and kicked Red Wolves butt all over the field. But that's ok. The sun still came up this morning and ASU still has a great shot at winning their conference title.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

jkstock04

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 22, 2014, 08:48:34 am
ASU's problem last night was that ULL was the better team and kicked Red Wolves butt all over the field. But that's ok. The sun still came up this morning and ASU still has a great shot at winning their conference title.
What deltaboy said couldn't be more true.... Must be easy to cast stones.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 22, 2014, 08:44:29 am
Luckily, we are in position to have an AD that is smarter than Average Panicky Fan and knows this will take time to come out of.  If our AD was as panicky and emotionally immature (instant gratification) as most fans posting here, the program would be in 10x more trouble than some of you imagine it is.

Riddle me this Bob the rebuilder.....through all of your biblical proportion rebuilds you have so much knowledge of...at what part of the rebuild does the not a good GameDay coach come into effect? At what point as we build the depth as I like to call it, 4th quarter depth, at what point does not being able to outcoach the other guy on the other sideline come into play.

He has a I am going to do it my way, stubborn, headstrong approach to all this....Does that remind you of anyone?

Why in year two of this rebuild of unprecedented proportions can he not field special teams? Why has our Australian punter folded up his tent?

Tell me at what part of this rebuild of biblical proportions that catching a punt comes into play? Returning a punt for a yard or two?

Don't buy it. He is in over his head here in the SEC. And neglects certain areas of the field like a certain somebody with a cult following did years ago.

PRJ

Redhogs

Quote from: thefisher on October 22, 2014, 08:15:54 am
Similar.  Bill Snyder at Kansas State. His first year was 1-10 including 0-7 in conference. A much weaker conference I might add. He went 2-5 in conference his second year. He went 2-5 in conference his fourth year as well. 

In fact Bill Snyder never got a team to a bowl game until his FIFTH year!

Of course he is now  the elder statesmen of active coaches.  His Wildcats are in the hunt for another conference championship this year. They knocked off highly touted Oklahoma last Saturday and have the inside track.  They play in a stadium named "The Bill Snyder family Stadium".

Not identical ... but dang close.

Oh yeah ... CBB is from Snyder's immediate coaching tree.

Sit back and let them do the work.  It doesn't happen in a year or two for a complete rebuild. However, it does happen with CBB's philosophy and method. It then has a foundation laid for long term continued success. Again, just check his coaching tree.
FYI...CBB is no Bill Synder...not even close.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

KCHOGFAN

Quote from: Wants2Win on October 21, 2014, 08:12:17 pm
So tell me again why JL hired a coach with a completely different coaching philosophy? This question is never brought up. Always "we need 5 years!! We need 5 years!!"...I simply ask why?
Who would have been a better choice in your opinion?  I copied the below post from 2013 (not sure who posted it) because I believe it exemplifies folks asking why CBB. 

"I still don't understand why everyone thinks that every coach in America is just waiting to come to Arkansas.

How could you even approach Gundy about coming to Arkansas?

"Hey Mike, I know that you just finished your 8th season at Oklahoma State after busting your ass building that program from the ground up and are one season removed from a Fiesta Bowl win and a top 3 finish, but I've got something you can't refuse. How about you come to Arkansas? Here are the pros:
-A little more money

Here are the cons:
-Due to shoddy recruiting in the past, your first team is going to suck balls.
-The last staff was an interim staff and didn't care about player development.
-We went 4-8 last year and you get to inherit that team, but without the All-SEC QB, WR, and RB, the starting tight end, all three of the starting linebackers, and half of the starting secondary.
-The quarterback has started in a couple of games but got absolutely cockslapped.
-You'll inherit the worst defense in the SEC.
-You're gonna be busting your ass for a few years.
-We have a number of inherent recruiting disadvantages which you will need to overcome.
-You play in the toughest division of the toughest conference in America, so good luck winning games.
-Your best players are the center and the fullback.

But think, Mike, you get to play IN THE SEC."

And you people think that Gundy should have said, "Jeff, sign me the ****up?"

Redhogs

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 22, 2014, 08:42:20 am
My goal was not to gain credibility.  I'm just telling you how it actually is.  Whether or not you believe this it is totally up to you.  You can either listen to experience or ignore it.  No matter to me.  Enjoy your day.
" I'm just telling you how it actually is." Apparently in your unaccountable world. Enjoy the losing, with your view of the program, it will never stop...but not to worry, you will never run out of excuses, not in year 2, not in year 4, not in year 10. Enjoy your day.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 22, 2014, 08:54:05 am
Riddle me this Bob the rebuilder.....through all of your biblical proportion rebuilds you have so much knowledge of...at what part of the rebuild does the not a good GameDay coach come into effect? At what point as we build the depth as I like to call it, 4th quarter depth, at what point does not being able to outcoach the other guy on the other sideline come into play.

He has a I am going to do it my way, stubborn, headstrong approach to all this....Does that remind you of anyone?

Why in year two of this rebuild of unprecedented proportions can he not field special teams? Why has our Australian punter folded up his tent?

Tell me at what part of this rebuild of biblical proportions that catching a punt comes into play? Returning a punt for a yard or two?

Don't buy it. He is in over his head here in the SEC. And neglects certain areas of the field like a certain somebody with a cult following did years ago.

PRJ

Being a good gameday coach is always important, obviously.  I think his stubborn insistence in doing things the right way is a good thing.  It reminds me of a lot of successful people.  Our special teams are inconsistent right now, sure.  Who knows the cause.  Could be lack of time to spend on it because they are trying to fix a myriad of other problems that pop up here and there.  I'm not at the practices, so I don't know.

I don't think your conclusion is anywhere close to justified, and I think the tone of your post is ridiculous and childish.  If you can read it back to yourself and disagree with me about the tone, it might be time to take a break.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Redhogs on October 22, 2014, 09:02:21 am
" I'm just telling you how it actually is." Apparently in your unaccountable world. Enjoy the losing, with your view of the program, it will never stop...but not to worry, you will never run out of excuses, not in year 2, not in year 4, not in year 10. Enjoy your day.

No.  Again, full accountability (in the record colum) really begins in year 3 of any rebuild like this.  If he is not producing by then, it is time to be concerned.  I am not blinded here, despite your wishes to think I am.

hogsanity

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 21, 2014, 07:46:10 pm
If you cannot spot a troll, you cannot combat a troll.

There are plenty of trolls here, just a question of what they are trolling for.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

What is ridiculous is the behavior of both sides in the debate. 

The Razorbacks are a much better team in 2014 than they were in 2013.  Their SOS is currently 3rd of 128 FBS teams.  In 2013 is was 21st of 125. 

Arkansas was able to impose its will running the football on OOC opponents.  SEC opponents have focused on making Arkansas beat them with the passing game.  In two of four games the passing attack was enough to win.  It was not enough to overcome deficiencies in the kicking game in either game.  In another, it was not enough to overcome 4 first half turnovers.  Untimely, unnecessary penalties have hurt as well. 

No single player is at fault for the losses.  The coaching staff is not at fault, either, but there are valid reasons to question play selection at times and the decision to redshirt a Parade All-American kicker under the circumstances.

Some of you can't tolerate any criticism or questioning whatsoever, while others can't tolerate any optimism or suggestion that patience is needed to build depth and recruit talent in crucial areas. 

No one is willing to budge.  Every day is the same rant, rant, rant.  Everyone is entrenched in their opinion.  That is why this site has become GroundHogville. 

Every day it's the same thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVeDx9fk60
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

GolfNut57

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 22, 2014, 08:48:34 am

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 22, 2014, 08:51:21 am
What deltaboy said couldn't be more true.... Must be easy to cast stones.

Ok I'll bite. What stones did I cast with that post?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 22, 2014, 09:03:24 am
Being a good gameday coach is always important, obviously.  I think his stubborn insistence in doing things the right way is a good thing.  It reminds me of a lot of successful people.  Our special teams are inconsistent right now, sure.  Who knows the cause.  Could be lack of time to spend on it because they are trying to fix a myriad of other problems that pop up here and there.  I'm not at the practices, so I don't know.

I don't think your conclusion is anywhere close to justified, and I think the tone of your post is ridiculous and childish.  If you can read it back to yourself and disagree with me about the tone, it might be time to take a break.

Yes....yes I know. Anytime someone disagrees with yall, they are childish and ridiculous.

He still will get beat more often than not in the 4th quarter in the SEC if the game is close.

PRJ

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 22, 2014, 09:14:10 am

No single player is at fault for the losses.  The coaching staff is not at fault, either, but there are valid reasons to question play selection at times and the decision to redshirt a Parade All-American kicker under the circumstances.

Some of you can't tolerate any criticism or questioning whatsoever, while others can't tolerate any optimism or suggestion that patience is needed to build depth and recruit talent in crucial areas. 

No one is willing to budge.  Every day is the same rant, rant, rant.  Everyone is entrenched in their opinion.  That is why this site has become GroundHogville. 

To be clear, I think there are valid reasons for criticism.  I have done so in the past (went back and forth with Mike Irwin, whom i respect greatly, btw, and others on Chaney's play-calling here in fact.  I also question lots of other things.  I think that is healthy.  It's the panic and lack of patience from people that don't understand the difficulties that I take issue with.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 22, 2014, 09:21:12 am
Yes....yes I know. Anytime someone disagrees with yall, they are childish and ridiculous.

He still will get beat more often than not in the 4th quarter in the SEC if the game is close.

PRJ

No, the tone of your post was.  Did you read it back and disagree?

bphi11ips

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 22, 2014, 09:21:47 am
To be clear, I think there are valid reasons for criticism.  I have done so in the past (went back and forth with Mike Irwin, whom i respect greatly, btw, and others on Chaney's play-calling here in fact.  I also question lots of other things.  I think that is healthy.  It's the panic and lack of patience from people that don't understand the difficulties that I take issue with.

I have found you to be one of the more thoughtful posters.  I don't know what you're going to say before I click. 

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jkstock04

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 22, 2014, 09:15:53 am
Ok I'll bite. What stones did I cast with that post?
Was speaking more so in general and your original post. But if I wanna get nitpicky the "great shot at winning the conference title" comment. Must be nice to sit back and say that, but on other end tell other people to act in light of what has happened to the Razorbacks since April 2012.

Like I mentioned, if y'all hired a coach that wanted to revert to old school slow football, and similar results followed you wouldn't be here today spouting the BS righteousness.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GolfNut57

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 22, 2014, 09:27:25 am
Was speaking more so in general and your original post. But if I wanna get nitpicky the "great shot at winning the conference title" comment. Must be nice to sit back and say that, but on other end tell other people to act in light of what has happened to the Razorbacks since April 2012.

Like I mentioned, if y'all hired a coach that wanted to revert to old school slow football, and similar results followed you wouldn't be here today spouting the BS righteousness.

You won't believe this but that's cool. When I said that ASU still has a great shot at winning their conference that was in no way a jab at the Hogs. If you or anyone else took it that way then I apologize. That comment was merely to show that while I didn't like the fact that ASU got their butts kicked last night, I also realize that they are still in their conference race so the loss wasn't the end of the world. My comment had nothing to do with your team.

btw; there have been times I would like to see ASU go back to the old Wishbone offense. But it would never be able to compete with the uptempo offenses out there today.

Hogsenburg

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 22, 2014, 08:54:05 am

PRJ

you are an angry little man

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 22, 2014, 09:27:19 am
I have found you to be one of the more thoughtful posters.  I don't know what you're going to say before I click.

Ditto.

secfan30

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 21, 2014, 07:10:21 pm
This is just my two cents on the plight of Razorback football. FWIW, some of you are just plain ridiculous with your bashing of your team, your coaches, and of Jeff Long. Now I am a Red Wolf fan but I hang out on Hogville mainly for the golf forum and for the laughs every time this board melts down after each loss. But with that being said.....

Jeff Long had no choice in firing Petrino. The man flat out lied to Long and tried to cover it up. If YOU owned a company and your best employee did the same thing you would have to do the same as Long did. Sure your employee might make you a lot of money. But no one will want to do business with a company that has no integrity. And eventually your company would go broke.

Moving on to Bielema. Do those of you bashing him seriously expect him to beat top ten teams in his SECOND YEAR after the mess the program was left in by his predecessors? If you did you have unrealistic expectations. You got to give the man at least four years. Time enough for his first recruiting class to become seniors. Then if he is still failing you can rightfully cut him loose.

Now as for Brandon Allen. He should get the same pass as the Coach. Allen is having to play against those same top ten teams and it is stupid to think he can succeed with the team as it is currently constructed when it was left in shambles by Smith and Petrino. Give him enough better players as teammates and he will be a better QB for your team.

Here's my question. Next year when your team starts having more success, are the bashers going to just disappear into the woodwork? Or are you just going to hang around and pretend you never uttered one hateful word about your team and athletic staff?

Hopefully once we start winning the ones bashing for the sake of bashing will go to Louisville, Auburn and wherever Nutt is at boards.

secfan30

Quote from: Redhogs on October 22, 2014, 08:56:04 am
FYI...CBB is no Bill Synder...not even close.

95% of people coaching football today are no Bill Snyder

SemperFi

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 07:14:53 pm

Funny you should post that....been hearing a whole bunch of that from the other side of the aisle since the season hasn't gone the way we all had hoped. The moment someone comes on to defend the state of the program it becomes whinning, but the moment the haters want to jump up and down it's constructive criticism.....yeah right!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

eusebius

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 21, 2014, 08:39:25 pm
No matter how hard you try, you cannot make this year's win/loss record anymore important to the long term success of this coaching staff than it is (which is pretty near zero).

If as a coach, booster, current player, or someone in any way connected with the university, you said the above statement to me and you were trying to recruit me for your school, I would have to politely decline. You can't sell me on this type of reasoning.   
These things I know: There's no doubt Gary Anderson was very underrated . . Ike Forte had the best number ever for a running back and the best thing about the option was that last second pitch right before the DE hits the quarterback.

hog911

You sure are long winded for being a fan of another team! You could have summed it up in one paragraph!

HawgTide

Similar.  Bill Snyder at Kansas State. His first year was 1-10 including 0-7 in conference. A much weaker conference I might add. He went 2-5 in conference his second year. He went 2-5 in conference his fourth year as well. 

Of course he is now  the elder statesmen of active coaches.  His Wildcats are in the hunt for another conference championship this year. They knocked off highly touted Oklahoma last Saturday and have the inside track.  They play in a stadium named "The Bill Snyder family Stadium".

Sit back and let them do the work.  It doesn't happen in a year or two for a complete rebuild. However, it does happen with CBB's philosophy and method. It then has a foundation laid for long term continued success. Again, just check his coaching tree.

Thanks for the perspective. You nailed it, unfortunately your post will be ignored by the vast majority on here

HawgTide

Quote from: KCHOGFAN on October 22, 2014, 08:58:51 am
Who would have been a better choice in your opinion?  I copied the below post from 2013 (not sure who posted it) because I believe it exemplifies folks asking why CBB. 

"I still don't understand why everyone thinks that every coach in America is just waiting to come to Arkansas.

"Hey Mike, I know that you just finished your 8th season at Oklahoma State after busting your ass building that program from the ground up and are one season removed from a Fiesta Bowl win and a top 3 finish, but I've got something you can't refuse. How about you come to Arkansas? Here are the pros:
-A little more money

Here are the cons:
-We went 4-8 last year and you get to inherit that team, but without the All-SEC QB, WR, and RB, the starting tight end, all three of the starting linebackers, and half of the starting secondary.
-The quarterback has started in a couple of games but got absolutely cockslapped.
-We have a number of inherent recruiting disadvantages which you will need to overcome.
-You play in the toughest division of the toughest conference in America, so good luck winning games.

LOL. I must have missed that one the first time around. Awesome post

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: HawgTide on October 22, 2014, 01:07:58 pm
Thanks for the perspective. You nailed it, unfortunately your post will be ignored by the vast majority on here

Yes that Bill Synder....the one who built a program playing the likes of Iowa St, Kansas, Oklahoma St and Mizzou when they were jokes. 

And I think Bill Synder is a hell of a coach, so much so that when you boys run out the comparison between him and Bret and it is quite a stretch and quite laughable....

But keep on rocking in the free world
PRJ

Wants2Win

Quote from: KCHOGFAN on October 22, 2014, 08:58:51 am

-A little more money

Here are the cons:

Probably shouldn't have fired CBP with no adequate back up plan but hey let's nuke the program anyway because my coach made me look bad.

Science Fiction Greg

October 22, 2014, 01:29:16 pm #135 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:39:51 pm by Possible Oatmeal
Quote from: eusebius on October 22, 2014, 12:40:27 pm
If as a coach, booster, current player, or someone in any way connected with the university, you said the above statement to me and you were trying to recruit me for your school, I would have to politely decline. You can't sell me on this type of reasoning.

That's cool.  I wasn't trying to recruit anyone.  Please don't confuse recruiting pitches and truth.  They are not the same thing.  That said, realize that everyone wants to win as many games as possible.  If you are getting that I would not be trying my hardest to win every game from what I said, then not only are you missing the point, you are making up your own to replace it.  The point is that lack of success this year is not indicative of lack of long term success.  A low win total this year is not a prophecy of low win totals for the future.  It seems pretty simple, and anyone with a lick of common sense would not let that be a deterrent in "recruiting."

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 22, 2014, 01:23:46 pm
And I think Bill Synder is a hell of a coach, so much so that when you boys run out the comparison between him and Bret and it is quite a stretch and quite laughable....

Snyder - truly great coach - has played against precisely zero schedules as tough as Arkansas has faced the past two seasons.

He deserves utmost respect for taking over a completely wretched program and building it into a winner. Snyder doesn't know the least bit about building a program based on top-end talent. He does know how to feature his best talent + get good players at the positions that are key to his system.

As for comparing Snyder with Bielema, it's easy to slight Bielema in the comparison, but really, that's just bashing. You have no idea how they compare. No idea.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wants2Win on October 22, 2014, 01:27:30 pm
Probably shouldn't have fired CBP with no adequate back up plan but hey let's nuke the program anyway because my coach made me look bad.

Lol.  You don't make a decision based on the factors Long faced based on whether or not you have a back up plan.  You're suggesting that no coach should lose their job unless their boss has multiple folks ready to line up at a moments notice if something happens that requires their coach be fired within a week or two.  That's just crazy talk.

Biggus Piggus

Stop. Discussing. This. Good grief. So much wrong. Too much time.
[CENSORED]!

WooP1gChris

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 22, 2014, 01:23:46 pm
Yes that Bill Synder....the one who built a program playing the likes of Iowa St, Kansas, Oklahoma St and Mizzou when they were jokes. 

But keep on rocking in the free world
PRJ

With any luck at all...You will submit your application to the University and they will fire Bret on the spot and bring you in to turn this program around.  We have been waiting on someone with your knowledge to step in and get this thing headed in the right direction!

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 22, 2014, 01:31:42 pm
Snyder - truly great coach - has played against precisely zero schedules as tough as Arkansas has faced the past two seasons.

He deserves utmost respect for taking over a completely wretched program and building it into a winner. Snyder doesn't know the least bit about building a program based on top-end talent. He does know how to feature his best talent + get good players at the positions that are key to his system.

As for comparing Snyder with Bielema, it's easy to slight Bielema in the comparison, but really, that's just bashing. You have no idea how they compare. No idea.

Yeah Biggus actually I do.

While you're at it....Synder has actually built a program....not climbed into the cat bird seat and kept driving.

I like that your all knowing, infinite wisdom doesn't hedge one way or the other....quite touching....

Bret Bible compares zilch to Bill Synder. It is downright laughable that people even mention Bret name in the same breath as Bill other than at one time Bret was an assistant of his. LAUGHABLE BIGGUS.

Now carry on with calling me a d*ck or one of your other names.

Laughable.

PRJ

Hogs-n-Roses

Did I just read a scenario where we coulda shoulda oughta be at 10 wins this year. Now that's truly ridiculous!

Hogs-n-Roses

I also want to know when we're going to quit with the "Our schedule" built in excuse.  We are in the SEC, have been for 20+ years. Its a little more grueling this year but my goodness. For years its always, our schedule, our players, our recruiting, the refs, the SEC, the NCAA, games in LR, games in Dallas, our OC, our DC, our kicker, gotta give em more time, gotta have these players for that system. Our fan base really needs a reality check. Some use one of the above or one of many created excuses all the time to fit their way of thinking. Then try to impose that on anyone who believes differently then trys to make said other people feel like an idiot for merely having a different opinion.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 22, 2014, 02:50:38 pm
I also want to know when we're going to quit with the "Our schedule" built in excuse.  We are in the SEC, have been for 20+ years. Its a little more grueling this year but my goodness. For years its always, our schedule, our players, our recruiting, the refs, the SEC, the NCAA, games in LR, games in Dallas, our OC, our DC, our kicker, gotta give em more time, gotta have these players for that system. Our fan base really needs a reality check. Some use one of the above or one of many created excuses all the time to fit their way of thinking. Then try to impose that on anyone who believes differently then trys to make said other people feel like an idiot for merely having a different opinion.

A lot of those I agree with, BUT are you saying recruiting/players do not matter?  So a good coach could go to San Jose State and win a NC, without bringing in better players than they usually have?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 22, 2014, 02:50:38 pm

When a program isn't winning on a consistent basis, are all those not REASONS instead of excuses?  Are you saying any of those things haven't been true at any given time? 

Hogs-n-Roses

No , recruiting is the lifeblood of a program. Of which I have never believed we were as handicapped as portrayed. I use recruiting as one of the many excuses used to fit folks agendas. IE Poor little ARKY can't recruit wit the "big boys".

southarkhog06

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 22, 2014, 09:14:10 am
What is ridiculous is the behavior of both sides in the debate. 

The Razorbacks are a much better team in 2014 than they were in 2013.  Their SOS is currently 3rd of 128 FBS teams.  In 2013 is was 21st of 125. 

Arkansas was able to impose its will running the football on OOC opponents.  SEC opponents have focused on making Arkansas beat them with the passing game.  In two of four games the passing attack was enough to win.  It was not enough to overcome deficiencies in the kicking game in either game.  In another, it was not enough to overcome 4 first half turnovers.  Untimely, unnecessary penalties have hurt as well. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVeDx9fk60
+1 to you sir

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 22, 2014, 03:14:29 pm
No , recruiting is the lifeblood of a program. Of which I have never believed we were as handicapped as portrayed. I use recruiting as one of the many excuses used to fit folks agendas. IE Poor little ARKY can't recruit wit the "big boys".

You must target and aquire the players needed to run your system against any opponent. It's critical.
This is my non-signature signature.

Rockpig5

How dare you come into this forum, making sense!! That's not allowed!!  Great post and I agree 100%

rude1

Interesting that I asked about another coach who started their program by losing their first 12 conference games and you give me someone who CBB worked for who was close. Close is also what we have been to winning some conference games over the last season and a half, some how it just doesn't feel the same.