Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by Granny fan, October 21, 2014, 06:55:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Granny fan

What has happened to him.  He came in last year and was a work horse, and for the first few games this year he was.  He doesn't seem to be the guy we loved to watch.  I know about the first quarter suspension and the fumble, but to me, it just seems like there is more going on.  What say you?

hogcard1964

Something's up.  But the face mask fumble wasn't his fault.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Granny fan on October 21, 2014, 06:55:43 pm
What has happened to him.  He came in last year and was a work horse, and for the first few games this year he was.  He doesn't seem to be the guy we loved to watch.  I know about the first quarter suspension and the fumble, but to me, it just seems like there is more going on.  What say you?

He should be walking around campus holding the football like Omar Epps did in the movie the program.

Danny J

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 21, 2014, 06:57:57 pm

He should be walking around campus holding the football like Omar Epps did in the movie the program.
Every time I see a fumble that is what I think of.

PorkSoda

He's probably thinking about transferring to a school that actually runs the ball.  last I checked, he didn't sign up to play in an air raid offense.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2014, 06:57:47 pm
Something's up.  But the face mask fumble wasn't his fault.
How do you figure?  It went through both hands

PorkSoda

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 21, 2014, 07:23:50 pm
How do you figure?  It went through both hands
its supposed to hit him in the stomach not the face.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

BatesvilleHOG

Bielema said he's in a slump. They're working to get him out of it.

howie76

Lol..he probably couldn't see it since it hit his facemask!! Gotta get it lower!! LOL

HogFanatic

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 07:30:52 pm

Hey, Allen only missed by 18" from 2' away.
Not bad considering...

JaketheSnake

its a toss that's supposed to be catchable.  It went through his hands and then into his facemask. AC has to make that catch.  The toss is supposed to be between the head and the numbers for optimal sight and ability to look into the hands.  AC was busy looking at the LOS.

WardamnHOGGLE

We didn't block really well against Georgia. 

HogFanatic

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 21, 2014, 07:40:35 pm
its a toss that's supposed to be catchable.  It went through his hands and then into his facemask. AC has to make that catch.  The toss is supposed to be between the head and the numbers for optimal sight and ability to look into the hands.  AC was busy looking at the LOS.

It's like a basketball pass to a spot shooter. It's supposed to hit them chest high as they are stepping into the shot.

Not in the face.
Nice spin, though.

jdelo77

Give him some carries against UAB and let
Him get some yards , he will get his confidence back ! He's been in the dog house and that mixed with not a lot of yards...

JaketheSnake

I'm sorry, I thought it was understood where the chest was... Numbers to helmet.   Surely no basketball player could be expected to catch a ball passed 4 inches high bc that would be awkward.
Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 21, 2014, 07:44:43 pm
It's like a basketball pass to a spot shooter. It's supposed to hit them chest high as they are stepping into the shot.

Not in the face.
Nice spin, though.

onebadrubi

It looked like Collins was going for a handoff when the ball got tossed too him.  A mixup that we will never know whose to blame. 

I have a feeling walker and Collins will be handed the ball for the majority of the game this weekend.  Let them pound the line and work into a grove.  We know Williams is there ready to hit someone

HogFanatic

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2014, 08:01:59 pm
It looked like Collins was going for a handoff when the ball got tossed too him.  A mixup that we will never know whose to blame. 

I have a feeling walker and Collins will be handed the ball for the majority of the game this weekend.  Let them pound the line and work into a grove.  We know Williams is there ready to hit someone

You're probably right, and Arkansas will probably win by 90 points when they combine for 82 carries...

Atlhogfan1

Bama and UGa defenses happened.  He had 21 carries for 131 yards vs A&M.  Two games against defenses we struggled to block. 

The fumble was on a toss counter we ran multiple times vs UGa. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2014, 08:08:22 pm
Bama and UGa defenses happened.  He had 21 carries for 131 yards vs A&M.  Two games against defenses we struggled to block. 

Correct

PorkSoda

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2014, 08:08:22 pm

chaney happened.

hard to get in a rhythm as a RB, when you only run the ball once every 3 drives.

but I'll give you bama, only because AC was out of sorts and JW got injured.

but we had no problem running against georgia, except that chaney refused to run the ball.

JaketheSnake

Not in the face.
Nice spin, though.
you can see the ball between his facemask and neck and inside both hands.  Catchable toss.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 08:09:33 pm
chaney happened.

hard to get in a rhythm as a RB, when you only run the ball once every 3 drives.

Collins got 4 carries on the first drive.  First 3 went for 15 yards before the 1 yard TD run.  Does Chaney get credit for that?

Next possession was a 3 and out.

Next 3 possessions Collins had runs, at least runs called for him, with the third ending in the fumble.  Collins was getting carries till this point. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2014, 08:16:25 pm
Collins got 4 carries on the first drive.  First 3 went for 15 yards before the 1 yard TD run.  Does Chaney get credit for that?

Next possession was a 3 and out.

Next 3 possessions Collins had runs, at least runs called for him, with the third ending in the fumble.  Collins was getting carries till this point. 
after the first drive, the only carries were tokens,  he was in full pass mode.   the RB's were rarely put in a position to be successful. 

Augustus

It could be that he or one of his teammates frequents Hogville, and he/they have become demoralized from the Jeff Long/Bielema/Chaney/Brandon Allen haters spewing their crap negativity and criticism on every thread.

Just a thought... since I read all the time on here: "You're crazy if you don't think Coaches/Players/recruits don't read this board"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Augustus on October 21, 2014, 08:19:22 pm
It could be that he or one of his teammates frequents Hogville, and he/they have become demoralized from the Jeff Long/Bielema/Chaney/Brandon Allen haters spewing their crap negativity and criticism on every thread.

Just a thought... since I read all the time on here: "You're crazy if you don't think Coaches/Players/recruits don't read this board"
or it could be that he has gone from getting 20+ carries a game, to 7-10.  because a certain coordinator things BA is the second coming of matthew stafford (averaged 40-45 passes per game). 

Dirty

Not in the face.
Nice spin, though.

When the players can dribble a football then your statement will be valid.

seasonhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 08:23:54 pm
or it could be that he has gone from getting 20+ carries a game, to 7-10.  because a certain coordinator things BA is the second coming of john elway.

It could be we are 0 & 4 in the sec......this guy is use to winning....

PorkSoda

Quote from: seasonhog on October 21, 2014, 08:28:48 pm
It could be we are 0 & 4 in the sec......this guy is use to winning....
well he can thank chaney for that one.  we could have one 2-3 SEC games by now if chaney had committed to the run game.

HF#1

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 07:07:42 pm
He's probably thinking about transferring to a school that actually runs the ball.  last I checked, he didn't sign up to play in an air raid offense.

Very intelligent.  Just brilliant I tell ya.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Atlhogfan1

or it could be that he has gone from getting 20+ carries a game, to 7-10.  because a certain coordinator things BA is the second coming of john elway.

Collins 8th "carry" was the fumble with 5:35 left in the 2nd qtr.  Without the fumble, he likely would have had 10+ in the half and on pace to finish with 20+.  The Hogs were losing 24-6 when he was given this opportunity and 31-6 after the fumble.

Next possession, Chaney called 4 runs out of the first 6 plays with Walker getting two of those which would have been Collins' had he not fumbled.  On 4th and 6, Chaney called a pass and Allen was sacked and fumbled which was returned for a TD 38-6.  Walker carried the ball first play on the next possession.  Could have been Collins 11th carry at least. 

Your accusation isn't accurate. 

BassinHawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 21, 2014, 08:12:56 pm
you can see the ball between his facemask and neck and inside both hands.  Catchable toss.

So Allen should have got credit for another incomplete pass then, right?
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

bulldog04

I'm so sick of this.  Did anyone watch the game Saturday?  This is a new play they put in and we ran it a few times before the fumble.  It's an inside toss.  The toss action is supposed to make the defense jump outside.  LSwho ran this play for years.  Alex was looking for the hole before he caught the ball.  It's has nothing to do with BA.  It's like an outfielder trying to throw some one out at home before catching the baseball and dropping it or a receiver trying to run before catching the ball.  The basketball comparison is absurd.

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2014, 08:33:21 pm
Collins 8th "carry" was the fumble with 5:35 left in the 2nd qtr.  Without the fumble, he likely would have had 10+ in the half and on pace to finish with 20+.  The Hogs were losing 24-6 when he was given this opportunity and 31-6 after the fumble.

Next possession, Chaney called 4 runs out of the first 6 plays with Walker getting two of those which would have been Collins' had he not fumbled.  On 4th and 6, Chaney called a pass and Allen was sacked and fumbled which was returned for a TD 38-6.  Walker carried the ball first play on the next possession.  Could have been Collins 11th carry at least. 

Your accusation isn't accurate. 

Facts are going to ruin his night......

HF#1

or it could be that he has gone from getting 20+ carries a game, to 7-10.  because a certain coordinator things BA is the second coming of matthew stafford (averaged 40-45 passes per game). 

We were down 38-6....  My gawd.... 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PorkSoda

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 08:38:41 pm
We were down 38-6....  My gawd.... 
and why do you think that happened?  maybe because we abandoned the run after getting our first TD on a drive that included one pass?

"1st Drive 12 rushes 1 pass 75 yards TD
2nd Drive 2 passes (2 sacks) 1 run for 11 yards and a punt.
3rd Drive 3 runs 3 passes (two incomplete) punt
4th Drive 2 runs (7 yards) 1 incomplete pass punt

I see a pattern here.  runs = positive yards pass = negative or no yards.

5th drive 4 runs 29 yards 1 of 4 passes 8 yards and a sack fumble.
6th drive 1 run 6 yards, 4 of 7 passing and an interception."

what can we learn about our teams strengths and weaknesses from the above drives?

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 08:42:13 pm
and why do you think that happened?  maybe because we abandoned the run after getting our first TD on a drive that included one pass?

what can we learn about our teams strengths and weaknesses from the above drives?
It's official. You're either drunk or stupid.

PorkSoda

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 21, 2014, 08:47:34 pm
are you asking that to chaney?  cause I was wondering that myself.

or maybe you were asking yourself that cause you figure we need to pass more.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 21, 2014, 08:47:34 pm

Reading his post tonight, is option C available, for BOTH.

TNRazorbacker

I dont understand all this talk. He has a couple bad games against two of the top run defenses in the nation and people start talking like he's ready for pasture.

HF#1

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 08:42:13 pm

Glad you know how to copy and paste

thirtythree

seriously? if that ball can be touched, it shouldn't be a problem. I mean, it wasn't like it was going mach speed or anything.

He was looking up field before hand and that is what happened. Totally his fault for fumbling that ball.

HF#1

Quote from: thirtythree on October 21, 2014, 09:00:48 pm
seriously? if that ball can be touched, it shouldn't be a problem. I mean, it wasn't like it was going mach speed or anything.

He was looking up field before hand and that is what happened. Totally his fault for fumbling that ball.

No no no, it's gotta be the QB's fault... 

HogFanatic

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2014, 08:59:22 pm
Reading his post tonight, is option C available, for BOTH.

Dude, you have done nothing but hit and run here all night long.

You need to look in the mirror a bit. I'm not going to talk like I have any cred here, but I have digged that PorkSoda Guy's Avatar since the day he brought it out...

Just sayin'

JaketheSnake

Many of these agendas won't let them believe that...
Quote from: thirtythree on October 21, 2014, 09:00:48 pm

PorkSoda

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 09:00:32 pm
Glad you know how to copy and paste
and I'm gonna keep doing it until people understand the difference between our run game and pass game.

I keep reading that our run game isn't working and we have to go to the pass.  that couldn't be further from the truth.  the numbers speak for themselves.  the Georgia loss is 100% on Chaney.

HogFanatic

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on October 21, 2014, 09:00:31 pm
I dont understand all this talk. He has a couple bad games against two of the top run defenses in the nation and people start talking like he's ready for pasture.

I dunno if his heart is in it anymore, man.
He looks like a different runner than last year, earlier this year, three weeks ago, etc. Bielema has spoken to this himself.

HF#1

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 09:02:57 pm
and I'm gonna keep doing it until people understand the difference between our run game and pass game.

I keep reading that our run game isn't working and we have to go to the pass.  that couldn't be further from the truth.  the numbers speak for themselves.  the Georgia loss is 100% on Chaney.

Damn the 4 turnovers, stupid penalties, and sleep walking secondary... 

PorkSoda

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 09:04:17 pm
Damn the 4 turnovers, stupid penalties, and sleep walking secondary... 
where did those TO's come from? oh yeah the passing game.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 09:05:30 pm
where did those TO's come from? oh yeah the passing game.
????¿¿¿¿¿

HogFanatic

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 09:02:57 pm

I agree.

And a certain segment of folks, (maybe even those who authored threads a few weeks ago saying how they were in full support of BB in spite of GOBN types who were behind the scenes trying to bring a certain d-bag back into the fold), try and say that the play calls go through BB's headset, but I am pretty firmly convinced that BB is a defensive minded coach and he respects Chaney because of the numbers Chaney has produced.

However...I am starting to wonder if Bielema is being fooled by Chaney's numbers. I mean, the dude is pretty bad. His record speaks loud and clear.

But that isn't on Bielema, IMO.

We need a better offensive coordinator.