Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAB may start backup QB

Started by HamIAm, October 21, 2014, 04:34:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamIAm

HamIAm

Receiver JJ Nelson who leads conference USA in yards per catch is also banged up.  UAB head coach Bill Clark said he thinks Nelson is ok, just a little sore. Both Nelson and Clements will be evaluated on a day to day basis.

Clark also said he wouldn't rule out sitting out players who weren't 100 percent at Arkansas to ensure they're ready to for the Blazers' final four league games against Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech, Marshall and Southern Miss.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/uab_qb_cody_clements_wr_jj_nel.html#incart_river

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

PorkSoda

no worries, I'm sure chaney can dial up enough interceptions to blow the game in the fourth qtr.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogFanatic

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 06:01:16 pm
no worries, I'm sure chaney can dial up enough interceptions to blow the game in the fourth qtr.

You're kidding, right?
In these types of games Chaney's MO is to run the ball every damn play and beat the team by as many points as possible. Then the next week, when we face a good defense again, we will all wonder again why we can't complete a pass on first down.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 21, 2014, 06:05:04 pm
You're kidding, right?
In these types of games Chaney's MO is to run the ball every damn play and beat the team by as many points as possible. Then the next week, when we face a good defense again, we will all wonder again why we can't complete a pass on first down.
no doubt, except I'm usually wondering why we abandoned the run after jamming it down their throat for 7 yards a carry. 

I have to wonder if chaney really likes losing, cause he has been masterful at playing to our weaknesses when the game is on the line.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 06:41:22 pm
no doubt, except I'm usually wondering why we abandoned the run after jamming it down their throat for 7 yards a carry. 

I have to wonder if chaney really likes losing, cause he has been masterful at playing to our weaknesses when the game is on the line.

If we had a kicker it never would have got to the game being on the line.

MJ2

I hate playing backup QB's.   Arkansas has a long history of making backups shine and become the starter.   Even when we played Vandy and ULM and LLaf, seems like their backups are all americans.

Wild Boarnado

"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

DeltaBoy

Last time we played a back up we lost.  See the LSU game last year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Hogfather

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 22, 2014, 08:31:10 am

Exact same situations.  Only difference is the name on the jersey.

Choctaw Hog

Like you would actually know anything about winning....at anything.  I would like to compare Chaney's successes and accomplishments in life in his chosen professions over
yours so we can compare who the real loser is. 

So, go ahead and list a few of your successes and accomplishments in life excluding being a self-proclaimed message board football "expert/idiot".  Make believe doesn't count in real life. 

Calling All Hogs

With LSU's amazing ability to never develop a QB and our lack of a secondary last year, it didn't matter if the starter was out.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 22, 2014, 08:43:25 am
With LSU's amazing ability to never develop a QB and our lack of a secondary last year, it didn't matter if the starter was out.

Correct this year we seem to be better but time will tell. Not Having Brook Ellis Sat was Killer.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: MJ2 on October 22, 2014, 07:59:38 am
I hate playing backup QB's.   Arkansas has a long history of making backups shine and become the starter.   Even when we played Vandy and ULM and LLaf, seems like their backups are all americans.

Set up for success on the field, if Jeremiah Briscoe has a rap sheet too he's probably next week's leader for the Heisman.

TMc

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 22, 2014, 08:46:29 am

Correct this year we seem to be better but time will tell. Not Having Brook Ellis Sat was Killer.

You are dead on there.., when Coach talks about depth I know he's mainly referring to the defensive side.  We lose a key player and we're dead in the water.

shotgun7

It will be our luck he will have a career type day...But I hope we take out some frustration and get back in a grove! Go Hogs!  :razorback:

Hoggish1

I'm thinking the backup at LSWho is a tad better than the one at UAB...

PorkRinds

Funny how their coach is pretty much marking it down as an easy win for the hogs, while some of our supposed FANS are talking about how the hogs could struggle with UAB.  I firmly believe we are past the days of worrying about struggling to beat our non-con rent a wins like UAB.

Kc-Razor

"I have to wonder if chaney really likes losing"

Wow, most coaches to coach to lose don't they, that makes for great job security and resumes not considering the pride they would get from all of those "L's" when reviewing their personal accomplishments somewhere down the road of time.