Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still on track for my original target

Started by Maximus Tusk, October 21, 2014, 03:50:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Tusk

Before this season began, my hope was for us to win enough games to go bowling ( 6 )) and to actually win said bowl game, leaving us with 7 wins. I felt like that would show significant improvement, provide the needed extra practices and the team would have positive momentum going into next season. So far, this team has shown more improvement than I ever expected and watching some of these guys grow up and develop has been a treat. So we can't beat a top 10 team, so what!! The lighter side of our schedule is coming up and I for one am going to enjoy the rest of the season and keep hoping for my original target. If they win more, great, if they come up short (don't think that will happen), all is not lost. Still much improved on the field and in recruiting. I love this team and this staff. WPS   

MultipleScoreGasms

Perhaps you're right, but I have a difficult time thinking the "lighter side" of our schedule is coming up when that includes Miss State, Ole Miss, and LSU.  Also, we've done nothing to prove we're better than Mizzou.

hawgbawb

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on October 21, 2014, 03:56:49 pm
Perhaps you're right, but I have a difficult time thinking the "lighter side" of our schedule is coming up when that includes Miss State, Ole Miss, and LSU.  Also, we've done nothing to prove we're better than Mizzou.
I think Mizzou and LSU are winnable, but we will have to play well. 2 SEC wins is much better than 0.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Uncommon

I thought we were still on track for a 6-6 season and bowl game until past Saturday as I saw Texas A&M get demolished by a team we lost to by 1 point and probably should've beat.  I think we may be looking back with a 5-7 record and wishing we would've closed the deal in Arlington against Texas A&M for that 6th win.  Hopefully this won't happen and we'll beat UAB, LSU, and Missouri on our way to a bowl.

MJ2

I had 3-9 preseason but I think we'll end up 4-8, so in a back handed sort of way, we're 33% better than I expected.

The Hogfather

I had us at 7-5, but thought we'd beat TAMU and Bama.

moses_007

We'll finish 4-8... a one game improvement in nonconference play, and absolutely no improvement in the SEC.