Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why are so many still obsessed with comparing BB to BP?

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, October 21, 2014, 12:53:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 21, 2014, 06:20:51 pm
We all know what Nutt did the first year, so what's your point that  he is better than CBB or CBP?

It was in response to a post about what BP accomplished in year one.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hoggie17

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 21, 2014, 06:31:01 pm
It was in response to a post about what BP accomplished in year one.
Nutt is not working in college football, we were talking about current employed coaches, or I was.  Nutt was not even in my thoughts.  One coach that came into the SEC made it to the NC game first year.  I am a hog fan, coaches come and go the Razorbacks are forever.

MushroomCloudHog

CBP has a history of building a program with his system. Some fans won't agree with me, but CBB has no history prior to his current job,  of building a program with his system. His best experience has been sustaining someone else's program.

Olhickory

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 21, 2014, 04:18:12 pm
Houston Nutt beat #22 Alabama,  #17 South Carolina,  #14 Auburn,  #11 Ole Miss, #13 LSU in year 1 so how relevant is that victory now?

This is completely wrong. Alabama was the only ranked team we beat in 1998. South Carolina, auburn, and LSU were HORRIBLE that year. I believe you must have looked up Arkansas rank when they played those teams.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 22, 2014, 12:02:09 am
What program are you crediting Bielema with building?  Wisconsin?  Even people in Alaska know that Barry Alvarez built (and still runs) that program. 

I've heard the program-building thing enough regarding Bielema.  Ask any Wisconsin fan... even the ones you can find that liked Bielema.  They'll tell you who built the program they've had in recent memory. 

Bielema's focus is on the process of program building, not so much on scheming. I think coming up under Alvarez likely imprinted this on him. Additionally, the things you do to maintain a strong program aren't that different from what you do to build one.

carolinahogger

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 21, 2014, 12:53:42 pm
Why not Lou Holtz or Ken Hatfield?

I don't compare them.  If you don't want people to compare them then don't start a thread about it.