Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 21, 2014, 11:54:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BaggerHog

In the comments section of the link provided there were a few questions concerning Ty Storey. Instead of trying to answer some of them with this long post I decided to put it here because they most likely read this board as well.

That was the first time this year he has played defense. He is normally a linebacker when playing defense (and an outstanding one) but played D-back in this game. The secondary has lost its no.1 and no. 2 players to season ending injuries three and four weeks ago. Lamar had an excellent throwing QB and receivers and was having great success throwing the first half. Ty played d-back part of the 2nd half to try and help defend their passing attack and it was successful. The kid is an exceptional athlete that can do it all. I think he (just my opinion) has for the most part become much more confident the knee is no longer a problem. His speed and moves are much better this year and he is running the ball much more. He has had some great runs (19 attempts for 141 yards rushing last week alone). Probably about 30% are called plays but the rest are just because there are no open receivers.

His receivers were not on the same level this year as last year's going into the season. Those same two injured kids were he's no.2 and no.3 receivers therefore his stats are down some from last year. He is getting more playing time this year because this team as a whole in nowhere near the team of last year.     

JackJohnson

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on October 21, 2014, 02:30:38 pm
In the comments section of the link provided there were a few questions concerning Ty Storey. Instead of trying to answer some of them with this long post I decided to put it here because they most likely read this board as well.

That was the first time this year he has played defense. He is normally a linebacker when playing defense (and an outstanding one) but played D-back in this game. The secondary has lost its no.1 and no. 2 players to season ending injuries three and four weeks ago. Lamar had an excellent throwing QB and receivers and was having great success throwing the first half. Ty played d-back part of the 2nd half to try and help defend their passing attack and it was successful. The kid is an exceptional athlete that can do it all. I think he (just my opinion) has for the most part become much more confident the knee is no longer a problem. His speed and moves are much better this year and he is running the ball much more. He has had some great runs (19 attempts for 141 yards rushing last week alone). Probably about 30% are called plays but the rest are just because there are no open receivers.

His receivers were not on the same level this year as last year’s going into the season. Those same two injured kids were he’s no.2 and no.3 receivers therefore his stats are down some from last year. He is getting more playing time this year because this team as a whole in nowhere near the team of last year.     

Thanks for the post!

Storey is going to end up being the best QB to come through here in a really really long time.  Considering Stoener, Jones (WR of course), TJack, Mallett and Wilson were all either drafted or played in the NFL that is a very bold statement but this kid just has IT.  Big, Strong, Fast, Strong and Accurate arm, a Winner and most of all a team player.  How many other future D1 QB's out there go out and play D during a regular season game?

I hope he gets to redshirt and brought along the right way bc there is obviously going to be a HUGE learning curve from the step up in competetion, but my gosh he is going to have some weapons around him and of course has all the ability in the world

311Hog

I just hope he doesn't wear himself out, or his coaches over use him.

MuskogeeHogFan

"Sophomore offensive lineman Jack Anderson of Frisco, Texas said he won't be able to make his planned visit for the LSU game. He forgot that he had already booked a hotel for Texas Tech that weekend. He had several offers, including Arkansas".

Richard, does this mean that Arkansas has rescinded their offer to Anderson?
Go Hogs Go!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 21, 2014, 05:11:02 pm
"Sophomore offensive lineman Jack Anderson of Frisco, Texas said he won't be able to make his planned visit for the LSU game. He forgot that he had already booked a hotel for Texas Tech that weekend. He had several offers, including Arkansas".

Richard, does this mean that Arkansas has rescinded their offer to Anderson?

Sorry, should've been a S at the end instead of a D.

The Recruiting Guy

redeye

Anyone else pulling for Luc Bequette to receive an offer from Arkansas?

Calling All Hogs

I wish we were hosting recruits this weekend when it likely will be a win. I thought most official visits started on Friday night so I'm not sure why the 11:00 am kickoff matters that much.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 21, 2014, 07:50:20 pm
I wish we were hosting recruits this weekend when it likely will be a win. I thought most official visits started on Friday night so I'm not sure why the 11:00 am kickoff matters that much.

After their season is over.  Unless they have a bye most these kids play every Friday night

hawgwash

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on October 21, 2014, 02:30:38 pm

His receivers were not on the same level this year as last year's going into the season. Those same two injured kids were he's no.2 and no.3 receivers therefore his stats are down some from last year. He is getting more playing time this year because this team as a whole in nowhere near the team of last year.     

Finally!  We have the LB recruit Hogville has been yearning for.

hogfan2000

Richard, this past weekend I saw Hamburg take on Dollarway.  I was wondering if you could fill me in on why the Murphy kid from PB is off the radar?  He is the by far the fastest and must explosive player  I've seen since Jarius Wright(he's that fast), and he can flat out cover and play defense.  I don't think you can find the type of speed he possesses anywhere in the state, including the University of Arkansas. I had heard 4.3-4.4 before I saw him and there is no doubting it after witnessing him.  I know he is a little light, but his speed and defensive prowess make him a no brainer.  Are grades the reason why this guy hasn't been offered by the University Arkansas?  Guess that's the obvious explanation, but  I was kind of shocked driving home when thinking about a kid like that being right here in our state, and that he would probably never make it to Fayetteville.  He's that fast, and was that impressive at corner.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: JackJohnson on October 21, 2014, 07:53:31 pm
After their season is over.  Unless they have a bye most these kids play every Friday night
Good point. I didn't think that one through. :)