Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Results

Started by logand02, October 21, 2014, 11:51:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramtough

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 22, 2014, 05:25:50 pm
OK.  Your position is duly noted.  Just promise you'll be around for the next few years when it turns around.
I've been here since 1964 so I'm sure I will be here, waiting and hoping. WPS

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Ramtough on October 22, 2014, 05:30:48 pm
I've been here since 1964 so I'm sure I will be here, waiting and hoping. WPS

Get in line!!   :razorback:
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

wachhog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on October 21, 2014, 12:01:49 pm
LMAO. So you are comparing CBB with John Wooden? Really? The ridiculous CBB defenders are almost as crazy as the rediculous HDN defenders. Let's go ahead and put CBB into the AR Sports Hall of Fame. I'm sure he will win an SEC game or two one day.
Are the CBB defenders the same people as the HDN defenders? I ask because they seem totally irrational as well as desperate in their need to praise his every move.  Almost as if their love of CBB is due to their hatred of CBP (or envy of Gus M.)  Makes no sense that a couple of dozen are on Hogville saying the same exact thing over and over in different threads several times an hour, or, at least, a day.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 22, 2014, 05:25:50 pm
OK.  Your position is duly noted.  Just promise you'll be around for the next few years when it turns around.

Your right, better days are ahead!

hoglady

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 21, 2014, 12:15:00 pm
30 minutes ago I was driving along listening to the sports reporter, the one that said we are nuttiest fans in America, he says we are as nutty as the FSU fan base. Guess he doesn't know that we are recruiting and teaching players charecter.  I don't think Jimbo cares about anything but winning.  I think his first name is Clay.

Anyone know what he is basing his opinion on?

I love how everyone loves to preach to the Arkansas fanbase and call us crazy.
That just has to do with knowing our place - they think we should know it and accept it and it ain't near the top.
This fanbase should be celebrated right now for their patience and tolerance while enduring an 0-16 and counting SEC record. We're still showing up, we're still supporting this coach and team - what in the heck more could anyone expect.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: wachhog on October 22, 2014, 06:03:11 pm
Are the CBB defenders the same people as the HDN defenders? I ask because they seem totally irrational as well as desperate in their need to praise his every move.  Almost as if their love of CBB is due to their hatred of CBP (or envy of Gus M.)  Makes no sense that a couple of dozen are on Hogville saying the same exact thing over and over in different threads several times an hour, or, at least, a day.

I would say your post is MUCH closer to fact than fiction.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: code red on October 21, 2014, 11:57:04 am
So are we recruiting character???  At his point...I don't know?  Are we developing character???  At this point I don't know?  Let me ask you....who is our leader on the field???  Not an appointed leader a person willing to take the role of leadership without the C on the Jersey.  A player who excels when the chips are down...in the 4th qtr...that gives the Hogs a chance to win.

To answer your question, yes, they are recruiting character and not only character, but how the player fits with the chemistry of this team overall. This is something that most fans don't understand the importance of because all that they look at is player rankings by position, instead of looking at the total person, which ultimately produces the total player.

You may not see the results that you wish as of yet, but it will pay dividends in the future and Rome wasn't built overnight, or even in two years.
Go Hogs Go!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: wachhog on October 22, 2014, 06:03:11 pm

This may come as a huge shock to you, but no one is defending CBB as far as I can see.  People see the improvement, and are willing to see how it pans out in a few years when he has all of his players on the field, and they've learned his system. 

And as another stunner for you, comparing HDN and CBB is ridiculous on its own merit.  One took over a dumpster fire and has been slowly improving it the right way.  The other had a rebuilding year every other year, played the school like a fiddle for more money when he should have been fired instead, and we paid him to leave when we didn't even have to. 

Another jolt for you may be that you can be a fan and have patience, but still see concerns.  If there were no concerns, we'd be competing for an SEC title and by default...the NC.  It's possible to see the good and bad and comment on both. 

Last but not least, you seem to the only person concerned about CBP.  He's gone.  Has been.  Most people are moving on with that realization and understand that the only impact it has on CBB is in the form of some of the players that CBP recruited.  Beyond that, if you want to live in yesteryear and harken back to the days of CBP, then feel free.  I'd love to hear you explain how it serves any purpose.   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

wachhog

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2014, 07:12:07 pm
I love how everyone loves to preach to the Arkansas fanbase and call us crazy.
That just has to do with knowing our place - they think we should know it and accept it and it ain't near the top.
This fanbase should be celebrated right now for their patience and tolerance while enduring an 0-16 and counting SEC record. We're still showing up, we're still supporting this coach and team - what in the heck more could anyone expect.
Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 22, 2014, 07:38:14 pm
This may come as a huge shock to you, but no one is defending CBB as far as I can see.  People see the improvement, and are willing to see how it pans out in a few years when he has all of his players on the field, and they've learned his system. 

And as another stunner for you, comparing HDN and CBB is ridiculous on its own merit.  One took over a dumpster fire and has been slowly improving it the right way.  The other had a rebuilding year every other year, played the school like a fiddle for more money when he should have been fired instead, and we paid him to leave when we didn't even have to. 

Another jolt for you may be that you can be a fan and have patience, but still see concerns.  If there were no concerns, we'd be competing for an SEC title and by default...the NC.  It's possible to see the good and bad and comment on both. 

Last but not least, you seem to the only person concerned about CBP.  He's gone.  Has been.  Most people are moving on with that realization and understand that the only impact it has on CBB is in the form of some of the players that CBP recruited.  Beyond that, if you want to live in yesteryear and harken back to the days of CBP, then feel free.  I'd love to hear you explain how it serves any purpose.   

I was just askin'. Searching for an explanation of  the obsessive-compulsive disorders exhibited daily on Hogville.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: wachhog on October 22, 2014, 07:46:31 pm
I was just askin'. Searching for an explanation of  the obsessive-compulsive disorders exhibited daily on Hogville.

I dunno.  Lack of medicine? 

FWF79

Grundy was my choice & I still think it was the right one

Lake City Hog

logand02

I enjoyed reading this again.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FWF79 on October 22, 2014, 09:06:06 pm

Al Bundy would be better than him.............after all he scored four touchdowns in a high school game!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Deep Shoat

Wonder where all these posters are today?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Rivervalley Hog

Quote from: FWF79 on October 22, 2014, 09:06:06 pm

I wonder if you still feel the same?

hoghiker

Quote from: Ramtough on October 22, 2014, 05:01:05 pm
After seeing the results I'm not sure how it could have gone any worse with a up and comer. We could at least have a escape route if lets say he was to hire someone as his OC that had a terrible record in the SEC or only win 1 conference game in his first 2 years.
It must be really neato to see things so clearly when the rest of the fan base is  hanging around waiting for a fun season (stupid and deluded as they are). Must be grating to see the disaster coming and the stupid little people are just sitting here enjoying the end of last year and stoked about the season ahead. The burden must be heavy with you.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

supersaint

I can't wait to see them zults.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 25, 2014, 11:59:24 am
Wonder where all these posters are today?

I'm still here.   ;)     And I stand by what I've said from day one.  CBB is at least doing it the right way.  It doesn't mean he'll succeed at the highest levels here, but at the absolute worst, he won't leave this program in a bad place.  It's hard to be a horrible football team if you're solid in the trenches, and we're definitely approaching that milestone.  I'm not sure we have all of the pieces of the puzzle, but we've got a lot of 'em.   

I just hope we get a few difference makers at the skill positions in the next few years to see this thing really come to fruition.  Surely there are some guys out there who want to come run behind a great line, and be a primary WR to catch play action passes.     

oldhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 21, 2014, 12:30:49 pm
I like CBB but let's slow down on the John Wooden comparisons.  He's considered one of the greatest coaches of ANY SPORT of all time.  College courses teach about him.  CBB ain't quite there yet.

Your right.  Wooden ranks right up there with John McDonnell.

jkstock04

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 04, 2015, 06:52:10 pm

Still here and still feel the exact same way. The "building it the right way" slogan/mantra that you read and hear about ad nauseam is beyond comical to me. We heard that over and over the same exact way with Bobby Petrino...lol so much for that huh? Point being very few people or maybe anyone on here really knows a freakin thing of what they are talking about when pumping that sunshine slogan.

The present coach at the present time has ALWAYS been the greatest thing since sliced bread to the majority of the fan base. This is without a doubt 100% fact. This idea of course always changes drastically when they are gone. I see a problem with that. That's why I'm not blindly buying in this time around.

It's like me telling someone "oh Ya well I was wrong those other times before this, but this time I'm 100% right! I promise! Believe me?" Lol I'll believe it when I see it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

870hogfan

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 04, 2015, 09:38:14 pm
Still here and still feel the exact same way. The "building it the right way" slogan/mantra that you read and hear about ad nauseam is beyond comical to me. We heard that over and over the same exact way with Bobby Petrino...lol so much for that huh? Point being very few people or maybe anyone on here really knows a freakin thing of what they are talking about when pumping that sunshine slogan.

The present coach at the present time has ALWAYS been the greatest thing since sliced bread to the majority of the fan base. This is without a doubt 100% fact. This idea of course always changes drastically when they are gone. I see a problem with that. That's why I'm not blindly buying in this time around.

It's like me telling someone "oh Ya well I was wrong those other times before this, but this time I'm 100% right! I promise! Believe me?" Lol I'll believe it when I see it.

He is building it the right way.  I can assure he will leave the program better than what he inherited.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 04, 2015, 09:38:14 pm

Such a trailblazer you are! Don't buy into the hype! It's obvious CBB isn't building it the right way.  And who needs 100% without a doubt facts when you can take your own opinions, and claim them as 100% without a doubt facts?  You're so much better than the rest of us hog fans for not blindly buying into the razorbacks football program.  I mean, how dare we enjoy success and like the product that's on the field?  How dare we think CBB is building quality depth where we haven't had it before?  We're all just dumb oafs.  We could learn a thing or two from you.  You're certainly doing it the right way!

greenie

If you can't see things are different and better now then they were for the last several coaching staffs, either you're not paying attention or you don't want to see it.   
- We're at an all time low for activity on the police blotters
- Our football fundamentals have steadily improved
- Recruiting effort and organization is better than it's been for at least 40 years
- CBB may hold opinions that people don't agree with (e.g. pace of play), but he handles the press as well as anyone
- CBB surrounds himself with excellent coaches and staff (IMHO, the entire staff hasn't been this strong since Holtz or Broyles)

We may not win an NC with CBB, but I'm convinced that it would be very hard to find a better leader for our program. 

Just my opinion.