Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

POLL: Has this team Improved?

Started by The_Iceman, October 21, 2014, 09:40:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Have the Razorbacks shown improvement from 2013 to 2014?

Yes.
405 (91.4%)
No.
38 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 440

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 21, 2014, 11:36:15 am
I think an extra 17,000+ fans at our HOME stadium could have helped us against Georgia, instead of playing 3 hours away in a run down stadium with 17,000 less fans there.

You can think it all you want, but that doesn't make it true. There wasn't a lack of enthusiasm in WMS on Sat. There was a lack of a home team from Fayetteville. The fans were fine. The home team just didn't play up to the level of their fans in that particular game. They played better in Lubbock than they did in LR.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 21, 2014, 03:52:16 pm
The reason that I harp on the passing so much is not because of yardage, but our passing efficiency in relation to our division foes is woeful to say the least.

We are 51st in the nation in passing efficiency and like many of you have pointed out, the schedule doesn't get easier as we move along.

Passing efficiency makes all the difference. Does not have to be a future NFLer back there, just a QB who is sharp enough that DCs cannot take a chance on over-playing the run, lest they get burned.

At UA, Calcagni, Scanlon, Grovey....... all made teams pay if they overloaded the box...

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Pig Tymer on October 21, 2014, 04:22:47 pm
Recently we had back-to-back 10-2 seasons with legitimate NC expectations.

In 2011 we lost two games each by 24. We were very good but, insofar as legit NC aspirations, we were PREtenders, not CONtenders.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 21, 2014, 01:09:18 pm
I don't think it's the number of fans or how loud they are.  It's playing where you practice, where you live, sleep and eat everyday.  It's rote, it's routine, it's familiarity with your surroundings,  it's a comfort level, it's playing where you manhandled Nicholl's State, NIU and for most of the game Alabama.  It's not having to travel X hours to play a "home" game.  It's the stadium clock working.  It's knowing exactly where you locker is, where the equipment is, where everything is.  These are the little things that individually may not make much of a difference but taken as a collective whole can make the difference.  When you don't have to worry about the little things your mind can focus on one thing the task at hand.  Training and practicing have a lot to do with muscle memory,  this is the same concept when you can just carry on with the exact same routine as your other "home" games your focus will be better, and most likely your performance will be better.  If you doubt that you are stupid or just care about getting drunk and getting into fights.

Playing an FCS team or even a UAB in that environment and it most likely does not effect the final outcome of a W because the talent gap will overcome the mental disadvantage of playing away from Fayetteville, but when your margin of error is razor thin it makes all the difference in the world and playing conference games at WMS does not put the team in the best position to win those games.   

How do you account for Arkansas' s historic success in Little Rock?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Ramtough

I thought this team was much improved but had to vote NO based off the way they have played the last 3 games. They seem to be a team that can find a way to lose in any environment that they play. They seem better at times but the scoreboard still says we are only better than Vandy in the SEC.

PORKULATOR

The fact that we're vastly improved shows just how low we sank. Also that the SEC West is a tough place to rebuild.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogRedTilImDead

I voted yes and believe that wholeheartedly. Still though, with all the arguing, I am surprised we only have 26 people who voted no. It sure seems more than that. Maybe they do not want to be singled out. This team has improved on both sides of the ball.
GO HOGS!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: HogRedTilImDead on October 21, 2014, 06:34:53 pm
I voted yes and believe that wholeheartedly. Still though, with all the arguing, I am surprised we only have 26 people who voted no. It sure seems more than that. Maybe they do not want to be singled out. This team has improved on both sides of the ball.
the team has improved and we should be like 2-2 in SEC play now, had we been able hold on to fourth quarter leads.  what people are arguing about is 'why'
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Breems

Performance is improved. Just not results.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 21, 2014, 04:59:50 pm
How do you account for Arkansas' s historic success in Little Rock?

I think I know the answer to that, but I'll let him think about it and see if he can make something funny up.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

3of5-2

I voted yes, but at the end of the day, the ONLY measure of improvement that really matters, is wins and losses.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Wildhog on October 21, 2014, 09:49:45 am
Certainly.

I'm also hoping Chaney had an epiphany in the second half of the UGA game.

Should have had that epiphany beginning with our second series against GA. Why wait until the opposition takes it's foot off the gas?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

1highhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 21, 2014, 09:40:55 am
With all the yelling and screaming, I thought we should simplify the discussion here.

Explain your answer.

Shouldn't even have to ask, but I understand why YOU did, it's because MMQB is filled with dumb so called fans that wanna win now and can't understand why we're not, and that's as far as their mind can comprehend the situation, they don't see the huge improvements from last year to this year, they don't see what CBB and his staff are doing in building this team, this Program, into a prolonged title contender, not just a one or two year flash in the pan.  Next year this team takes its first big step toward redemption, next year we'll win at least 9 games and show we're firmly on our way back.  On our 4th year, we should be competing for the west, time will tell.

TheRazorback500

Luke Skywalker: "Have the Hogs improved this year, Master?"
Yoda: "Improve they have, my young Jedi. Recruit, we must!"

Especially the defense.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

secfan30

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 21, 2014, 04:15:33 pm
OK, done.  Now all the trolls can run along...

Unfortunately they will not though

Wild Boarnado

Yes, they have improved and that gives me hope.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

HogFansReunited

Yes the team has obviously improved and the only reason any of us thought we would beat Georgia is because of how well the team has played this season.  We have honestly had one bad game where I was not happy with how the team played.  Anyone who says the team has not improved is an idiot.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: cbhawg03 on October 21, 2014, 03:26:14 pm
Yes, but.......WE WANT TO WIN!!!!

Would like to know if BA is changing up the snap count? I think not, Georgia was getting after him very quickly.

BA does not go through his progressions very well, has taken a shot here and there when he has had someone running wide open, at least on two occassions that hurt us, Bama and Georgia game. We have some good, young receivers, but we need more help.

Extra points: We don't seem to really put out the effort to maintain and make blocks, which has led to the blocks and we don't really go after a block on a extra point like other teams, see Bama and Georgia game.

Penalties have not been a concern for the most part, and I don't see it changing.

The Georgia game was a direct result of the Alabama game, well the 2nd quarter. You pour all that emotion into the Bama game and then lose, well something like what happens in the 2nd quarter of the Georgia game happens as a result. CBB was crying after the Bama game, what do you think the players felt like after CBP's crap, Smiley and last year? They had a let down, responded very well though in the 2nd half.

Everyone is tired of the losing, people are looking for a scapegoat, which is turning to CJC or CBB or BA. We all just want and need a win against someone in the SEC

This, I lose my temper on game days, but obviously we have improved. Just still making ridiculous mistakes and I'll stand by my Chaney displeasure, execution or not, the Pittman package deal needs to be broken up.

hogcard1964

Too early to judge.  Ask again on January 4th 2015.

choppedporkextrasauce

We got better but this schedule makes it even harder to show. At some point the pain and adversity will produce positive results.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 22, 2014, 10:44:32 am

Do tell....why did you pick that date?

bp

010HogFan

Quote from: GolfnHog on October 21, 2014, 10:02:09 am
If those that say "no" can't see quanatative improvements then really their agenda speaks louder than their knowledge.

I think we have improved, but I think you mean "qualitative." Quantitative results are what's fueling most of the hatred.

Hoggiedawg

There has been improvement in some areas, but there has been regression in others.  The improvement that I want to see, and is truly the only acceptable improvement to keep this staff, is in the win column.  Next year is make or break. 

HotlantaHog

It is pretty obvious to anyone paying attention who doesn't have an agenda that the team has improved.

I hated to see Petrino fired and am still not certain that was 100% necessary, am not a big Jeff Long supporter, love Malzahn, and go back and forth on whether CBB is going to get the job done at Arkansas. So I don't consider myself an apologist for CBB at all. A reluctant supporter. But the team is vastly better than a year ago.

hogcard1964

Quote from: BorderPatrol on October 22, 2014, 12:37:04 pm
Do tell....why did you pick that date?

bp

That's the following date of all SEC bowl games.

gchamblee

Quote from: 3of5-2 on October 21, 2014, 10:00:09 pm
I voted yes, but at the end of the day, the ONLY measure of improvement that really matters, is wins and losses.

then why did you vote yes? you just said the only measurement for improvement is wins... you just contradicted yourself, or you realized how stupid it sounds to claim we have not improved.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 22, 2014, 10:44:32 am

you have posted that same thing like 3 or 4 times in this thread. it must be tearing you up to see so many posters talking about our improvement.