Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimbo walks out of presser when off field questions asked

Started by popcornhog, October 20, 2014, 10:34:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

WPS

onebadrubi

Reporters should have been mentioning these things long ago.  I'd love nothing more than to see Winston drag Jimbo down with him simply because his handling of this has been completely awful. 

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 20, 2014, 10:42:25 pm
Reporters should have been mentioning these things long ago.  I'd love nothing more than to see Winston drag Jimbo down with him simply because his handling of this has been completely awful.

I'm torn because I don't know what really happened.

But if I'm the coach I absolutely would've suspended him pending the results of the hearing.
WPS

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on October 20, 2014, 10:52:41 pm
I'm torn because I don't know what really happened.

But if I'm the coach I absolutely would've suspended him pending the results of the hearing.

What we do know and how he's handled it is just slimy and used care salesman like.  Now he has Mark Richt doing the right thing and I would be willing to bet they have similar evidence.  Also the common sense calculator is screaming Winston signed many more autographs than gurley.  Also news coming out that the police tried to help FSU in the rape allegations by getting them the police reports early.  Just a lot of things happening around Jimbo that are not on the up and up.  He played winston against ND simply because his season depended on it. 

hogman64

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 20, 2014, 11:03:16 pm
What we do know and how he's handled it is just slimy and used care salesman like.  Now he has Mark Richt doing the right thing and I would be willing to bet they have similar evidence.  Also the common sense calculator is screaming Winston signed many more autographs than gurley.  Also news coming out that the police tried to help FSU in the rape allegations by getting them the police reports early.  Just a lot of things happening around Jimbo that are not on the up and up.  He played winston against ND simply because his season depended on it. 

Richt = high character.... Jimbo  = punk

Harleigh Hog

The Criminoles will end in a ball of flames sooner than later. Winston has proven to be of questionable character and if you read the details of the most recent autograph scandal the proof against him is ridiculous. The only thing saving their tail is the lack of a paper trail regarding the money.

It was reported that there are literally hundreds of the same type memorabilia signed in exactly the same place which tells you it didn't happen one at a time after the game.

Who am I to judge, I'm sure every major program has its dirty secrets. The thing I can't stand is that Jimbo Fisher stands there with a straight face and denies it and gets pissed when people don't believe it!

B501

Quote from: Harleigh Hog on October 20, 2014, 11:07:46 pm
The thing I can't stand is that Jimbo Fisher stands there with a straight face and denies it and gets pissed when people don't believe it!

the look on jimbo's face when he saw winston warming up in pads while suspended said it all. you cant make this stuff up

Rzbakfromwaybak

If Fisher knew he was right about what he was doing, that interview question would not have bothered him. 

Fisher is locked in a denial mode, & I hope it comes back to bite him & his team.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DOGALUM

That us awesome and I hope it gets national play. 

What a [CENSORED]. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

davglo35

Criminoles.....now thats a good one!! Lol   If FS is pressured to change their mascot that would be a really good one.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogman64 on October 20, 2014, 11:06:05 pm
Richt = high character.... Jimbo  = punk

many here would welcome jimbo with open arms and offer him complete institutional support in covering up criminal behavior. its all about the w's man.

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: davglo35 on October 21, 2014, 02:46:29 am
Criminoles.....now thats a good one!! Lol   If FS is pressured to change their mascot that would be a really good one.

You must be a young fan.  Criminoles is not new; they were referred to as this years ago under Bowden due to so many off the field issues.

Winston and Fisher are simply reinforcing that slimy, "whatever it takes to win" image that Florida St has had for years.  It was somewhat dormant when they became relatively irrelevant as a perennial contender, but they are back to showing their true colors now.

AloRaptor

One I always liked was Free Shoes University.During a controversy back in the '80's. 8)

PowderedToastMan

I don't think Fisher is in charge of the locker room by the way everything appears. It seems like Winston and the boosters are running the show.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

rude1

I agree with Jimbo, until the University, NCAA, or law enforcement say he has done something that warrants him not playing, you continue to play him and go after your second NC. What ever happened to due process and innocent until proven otherwise? Sure the kid is a knuckle head who has done some childish things but up to this point there has been nothing that warrants kicking him off the team IMO. Unless the all knowing around here believe accusations are enough.

rzrbackrob

Mark Richt was able to complete his press conference.
Good is the enemy of great

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

davglo35

Actually im 52 and been a fan since I was 5 or 6. Just never heard the term before.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Großer Kriegschwein

Jimbo was forced to accept the suspension of Winston for the entire Clemson game by the university president. There is a reason she announced it late on Thursday night. There is a reason the athletic director wasn't the one making the announcement. There is a reason the "student body" is taking up the moral turpitude case against Winston.  There is a lot of money donated to Florida State. There are donors that don't like someone that can't complete a coherent sentence constantly dragging down the reputation of the university.

Jameis' days are marked.
This is my non-signature signature.

pfrg999

Quote from: gchamblee on October 21, 2014, 02:51:29 am
many here would welcome jimbo with open arms and offer him complete institutional support in covering up criminal behavior. its all about the w's man.

Prove it
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: rude1 on October 21, 2014, 06:05:46 am
I agree with Jimbo, until the University, NCAA, or law enforcement say he has done something that warrants him not playing, you continue to play him and go after your second NC. What ever happened to due process and innocent until proven otherwise? Sure the kid is a knuckle head who has done some childish things but up to this point there has been nothing that warrants kicking him off the team IMO. Unless the all knowing around here believe accusations are enough.

Criminally speaking, you are correct.  But, we are talking about the NCAA here...penalties are retroactive.  If the NCAA finds JW guilty of infractions, FSU will have to forfeit any wins that they would have gotten with JW playing.

Mark Richt knows this and is protecting his team and institution.  Jimbo is not; he's playing JW based on JW's word--which is highly suspect at this point.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The Hogfather

hogcard1964

Nothing will happen with Winston anyway.  The NCAA hides and protects themselves from this nonsense.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 21, 2014, 07:54:16 am
Nothing will happen with Winston anyway.  The NCAA hides and protects themselves from this nonsense.

I wouldn't be too sure. Big money boosters got him suspended for a game by threatening a drop in donations/support to the university. I wouldn't be too worried about the NCAA, but I would be looking over my shoulder knowing the boosters are headhunting.

More truth to this than you think.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: popcornhog on October 20, 2014, 10:34:02 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/fsu-coach-jimbo-fisher-cuts-media-interview-short-after-his-reputation-is-questioned-215312978.html

Another reporter noted that Fisher's reputation had taken a hit and Fisher asked him to stop asking the question.

"I'm done," Fisher said. "I'm done."

Oh no, he has lost control of his team. ;) Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 21, 2014, 07:58:37 am
Oh no, he has lost control of his team. ;) Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Jimbo lost control of this team when he couldn't even keep Jameis out of uniform for the Clemson game.

Truth

hoghevn

What I find amazing is that there are these posters on here that are lambasting Coach BB for doing it the right way and not winning NOW and only having "moral" victories.  Regardless of all the other facts, like ie:  he stepped into a horrible situation, he's having to rebuild from nothing, recruiting all the players you need takes a few seasons, even the media is realizing he's doing a phenomenal job and we're way ahead of where we should be at this point.

A lot of these same people are ready to roast Jimbo Fisher for doing what they think Coach BB should do so we can win NOW!!!!  The others not calling for Jimbo's head are thinking; well, at least he's winning, and that's all that matters.

I'm glad we're doing it the right way and winning will come.  Proper recruiting, preparation and training take time.  The results aren't short-lived and questionable.  I'll take doing it the right way EVERY TIME!

Thank you coach BB!!!!
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 21, 2014, 08:04:05 am
Jimbo lost control of this team when he couldn't even keep Jameis out of uniform for the Clemson game.

Truth

And yet, they are winning. My point is, when you are losing fans will grasp at anything to justify their personal feelings of disappointment, whether it is true or not.

Fisher has a QB that is full of himself and makes selfish, immature, dumb mistakes off the field, but he is a great player on the field. Everyone can judge Fisher however they want, but you can bet that FSU fans would be more critical of his choices had he just lost 3 big games against ranked opponents.

You are seeing that played out with some of the Arkansas fans right now.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 21, 2014, 08:20:53 am
And yet, they are winning. My point is, when you are losing fans will grasp at anything to justify their personal feelings of disappointment, whether it is true or not.

Fisher has a QB that is full of himself and makes selfish, immature, dumb mistakes off the field, but he is a great player on the field. Everyone can judge Fisher however they want, but you can bet that FSU fans would be more critical of his choices had he just lost 3 big games against ranked opponents.

You are seeing that played out with some of the Arkansas fans right now.

The fans that seem to matter are the ones that have the most influence. In Winston's case, too many more off the field problems will result in him getting the boot. The university president is interim, and I'm sure she'd like to be hired on permanent.

I fully realize where we are as a program. Yeah, we have our issues, especially now that we're losing more often than not.

NaturalStateReb

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/fsu-coach-jimbo-fisher-cuts-media-interview-short-after-his-reputation-is-questioned-215312978.html

Another reporter noted that Fisher’s reputation had taken a hit and Fisher asked him to stop asking the question.

“I’m done,” Fisher said. “I’m done.”

In his defense, walking out has to be a better option than telling the truth.  :D
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

trippigs

Never thought about or had an opinion of Fisher. I do now...he is dirty.

GolfnHog

When there is evidence that over 2000+ items have been signed by a QB and it's "alleged" that there is no proof of money being obtained, I question how hard the money trail is being followed at this point.

A reasonable person could surmise that based on the past documented behavior of said QB and his ability to be less than truthful in answering to the preceding incidents( on the chair incident that got him suspended & lobsternapping) then the school, it's administration, and all associated with "Free Shi* University" are setting themselves up for future failures of the grandest magnitude.

If you don't think the gutless wonder called the NCAA won't come back later and swing it's mighty sword, then as a school you aren't being very proactive in protecting the integrity of the school.

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

HognVA

Hahahah

"Coach, we're not gonna air it"

That reporter better get a beat on another team cause he'll never talk to Fisher again.

bigred223

TheRazorbackGuy

Another reporter noted that Fisher's reputation had taken a hit and Fisher asked him to stop asking the question.

"I'm done," Fisher said. "I'm done."

I love it how Hogs fans trash talk a national champion coach when we haven't ever even won a BCS bowl. Even Kansas won a BCS bowl but we trash talk a National Champion coach... lol...

goneal

Winston is too stupid to be living on his own, much less in the position he is in. I really feel like he's probably a little mentally challenged, and to think that Fisher is exploiting him the way he is makes me sick. Jimbo Fisher is a despicable human being and thankfully, he has totaly blown any credibility he might have had. The guy is toast. No one will ever touch him again, once the wheels fall off at FSU.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 20, 2014, 10:55:13 pm
but Jumbo wants to win now....  NOW!!!

Here is the reason why he wants to win now.

Against Oklahoma State (and I presume it has been this way in every game Florida State has played this season) 9 of Florida State's 11 offensive starters are Seniors.  FSU's entire starting Offensive Line is Seniors, which is 5 of the 9 Seniors.  Winston is 1 of the only 2 non-Seniors that is starting on Offense.

There is no way Winston is coming back next season when he knows he will be playing behind an entire new Offensive Line.  Opposing teams will be looking to punish Winston with him having an entire new OL next season (if he returns).

Counting Winston leaving after this season, FSU will have 10 new starters on Offense next season.  I don't care what kind of program you are recruiting wise, having to replace 10 starters on Offense at once will be tough.

PorkRinds

Quote from: goneal on October 22, 2014, 09:58:02 pm
Winston is too stupid to be living on his own, much less in the position he is in. I really feel like he's probably a little mentally challenged, and to think that Fisher is exploiting him the way he is makes me sick. Jimbo Fisher is a despicable human being and thankfully, he has totaly blown any credibility he might have had. The guy is toast. No one will ever touch him again, once the wheels fall off at FSU.

The kid had a 4.0 and was accepted to Stanford, so I doubt he's mentally challenged.  He's just got zero moral character and no one has ever told him no.  Except that one girl, but we all know how that ended up.

riccoar

If Winston comes out before he completes his eligibility, he is guaranteed to be the next Vince or Jamarcus.