Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remember last year??? (Big Picture)

Started by onebadrubi, October 20, 2014, 10:03:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Last year we got better seeming ever game after mid season and the two blowouts.  No need to come in here and mention the record or players.  Many on here are letting lose because we lined up and got beat this weekend by georgia. Coach earned his chance and our respect by the results on the recruiting trail last year, the statments the recruits and families are saying about this staff, and watching him keep the team together last year.  We have no evidence the wheels are even CLOSE to falling off.  We have no evidence, no injuries, no players coming out in public to give us any inkling that we will not do the same and show on the field improvements late in the season.  These coaches will get this right, they will correct these errors, and get this young talent right. 

Go ahead and bash away if you want to think I'm stupid for thinking he has earned his chance to get this team in the right direction and place.

JaketheSnake

lumphog

TRUTH!!!!! It amazes me some of the stupid $#!# from so called fans

Wild Boarnado

"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

havok

This year..We lost to Top 10 Football teams (Well top 10 at the time - Texas A&M hitting a rough spell lately). 

Last year we had to scrape and squeak out a victory over Lowly Samford!!!  this year we are playing the Junior NFL league (SEC West + the One SEC EAST team playing lights out) week in and Week out.. and gaining respect usually winning each week in every category, but the score board.

If the Trend keeps moving the way it is.. (And I sure hope so soon as I am getting too old for the wait until year 2,3 ect).. this team will be a perennial top 10 team..reloading from experienced depth as players move on.

MountieDawg

But did we lose to Top 10 tens because that is where they were ranked or would we have lost anyway....  I dont know, playing a great schedule doesnt make you great it just makes your schedule tough.
SEC!

Hoggish1

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 20, 2014, 10:03:24 pm
Last year we got better seeming ever game after mid season and the two blowouts.  No need to come in here and mention the record or players.  Many on here are letting lose because we lined up and got beat this weekend by georgia. Coach earned his chance and our respect by the results on the recruiting trail last year, the statments the recruits and families are saying about this staff, and watching him keep the team together last year.  We have no evidence the wheels are even CLOSE to falling off.  We have no evidence, no injuries, no players coming out in public to give us any inkling that we will not do the same and show on the field improvements late in the season.  These coaches will get this right, they will correct these errors, and get this young talent right. 

Go ahead and bash away if you want to think I'm stupid for thinking he has earned his chance to get this team in the right direction and place.

Bingo.

In the Rock last week and heard it again from a wife who is good friends with HH's mother, who said Hunter would not have gone to Arkansas if Petrino was there.  And said, the players and their parents love the direction of the program!!

DeltaBoy

NO Big Picture just a continued NIGHTMARE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Hogfather

I really wish the fans AND players could get rid of this loser's mentality.  If anything goes wrong, EVERYONE starts thinking "it's over, we still suck".  We're much better than what our record shows.  We can win several more games and make a bowl game this season.

I'm also really tired of hearing guys like Bruce James on the radio with his pseudo-Stockholm Syndrome.  We play Alabama close?  It was only because we played out of our minds and they played horribly.  Poor Saban.  We held Amari Cooper in check?  It was only because he was hurt.  He couldn't go deep.  I hope he heals up soon.  Just look at what he did against TAMU.  It couldn't be that our defense just held him in check with no excuses for him.  We make a comeback after getting down big?  It was only because Richt is such a good guy and let us come back.   Thank you, Coach Richt.  Thanks for just letting us keep it close.

Southpointhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2014, 08:34:46 am

Everyone wants to win and fast, but nightmare....Come on Man!

DLUXHOG

Seriously, get a grip...  We've played toe to toe with 3 top 10 teams....  We are winning BIG over the teams we're supposed to handle.   If ya'll can't see that we are very close, you're blind as a bat...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

GolfnHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2014, 08:34:46 am

Really? Dude you need to have your estrogen checked! For the love of God and all things Hogs, you need to realize the world is not ending because of a ongoing 2 year total rebuild of a once proud and distinguished program.

It will a return but you really need to go see your family doctor and get some anti-anxiety meds.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

crabeyes

I believe this weekend is key for this team. We need to take care of business easily against UAB. Give these kids a confidence booster, that they are a good team.

Bacon_Bitz

I agree. I think we win big against UAB and going down to Starkville feeling loose and confident again.