Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret is not 0-16 in the SEC

Started by BPsTheMan, October 20, 2014, 06:55:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 08:06:11 pm
He will get the time, unfortunately I don't think it's going to matter. But I totally agree there is no way you can even think about firing him now, I hope for the best but fully expect the worse.

Planning for the worst is always prudent. I think you might like this article on financial planning, rude1: http://www.marottaonmoney.com/is-a-financial-apocalypse-coming/

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 08:00:39 pm

I tell ya what tough guy....I will let you stroll to the front of the ass whipping line. You can be the very first one

PRJ

Which one of these is you

wms throwdown
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152492923778196&set=vb.555458195&type=2&theater
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: showme on October 20, 2014, 08:07:08 pm
mighty tough talk from behind the keyboard. Not surprising though. Facts tend to get in the way of agendas.

Or his 15 different aliases he pimps in threads to entertain himself.......

I am just going to have to figure out what I need to prepare for for my duel.....a stick shift maybe.....maybe a deck of magic cards or hell maybe even snake chaps and snake boots.....

PRJ

BPsTheMan

Quote from: OTR on October 20, 2014, 08:08:53 pm
Okay boys break it up.  Let's go.  Move along.   And the rest of you...nothing to see here boys. Get back to class.

Swaggy O started it

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 20, 2014, 07:09:02 pm
I think it is more that their boy CBP was fired ...who cares about ethics or morals....just win baby (ask Jimbo)

Or that a lot of the CBB admirers are closet HDN fans who are finally coming back out?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on October 20, 2014, 08:13:23 pm
Or that a lot of the CBB admirers are closet HDN fans who are finally coming back out?

I bet my season tickets are older than you are

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Mike_e

Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I came to paint, smile everybody, 1-0, yield to a stop

BPsTheMan

and by the way guys, I don't buy new cars. My latest truck was used at a reputable dealer

No depreciation when driving off the lot for me

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on October 20, 2014, 08:13:23 pm

Everybody's frustrated, buddy. This separation of people into "admirers" and cliques and people who have "agendas" is about as mature as arguing who touched base in a game of tag.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on October 20, 2014, 08:21:01 pm
Everybody's frustrated, buddy. This separation of people into "admirers" and cliques and people who have "agendas" is about as mature as arguing who touched base in a game of tag.

or pimping Financial Apocalypse?

naturalbornpigger

I too am amazed at the number of dummassknowitalls.  I ran into about 1500 "experts" at WMS Saturday.  Guys who wouldn't know a screen pass from a screen door.  It's more contagious than Ebola.  Coaches taking over a program at the level of Arkansas when CBP and JLS departed deserve a 4 year contract with two years of "no comment." 

1) Is the program better than we were two years ago?
2) Is the program better than it was last year?
3) Does the current roster, recruits, and staff indicate we will be better next year?
4) Is character and accountability of players and coaches moving in the right direction?

Until these trends change, we stay the course.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: drrowdy on October 20, 2014, 08:35:39 pm
+1000 on the avatar Harry...well played. I'm still waiting for his reply on his "I expect that" thread where he attempted to set himself up as a BB supporter from way back.

good to see you old friend

rude1

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on October 20, 2014, 08:30:49 pm
I too am amazed at the number of dummassknowitalls.  I ran into about 1500 "experts" at WMS Saturday.  Guys who wouldn't know a screen pass from a screen door.  It's more contagious than Ebola.  Coaches taking over a program at the level of Arkansas when CBP and JLS departed deserve a 4 year contract with two years of "no comment." 

1) Is the program better than we were two years ago?
2) Is the program better than it was last year?
3) Does the current roster, recruits, and staff indicate we will be better next year?
4) Is character and accountability of players and coaches moving in the right direction?

Until these trends change, we stay the course.

All that is fine, but where does:

5. Are we winning SEC football games?

How do we fit that in or is that not important?

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: drrowdy on October 20, 2014, 08:35:39 pm
+1000 on the avatar Harry...well played. I'm still waiting for his reply on his "I expect that" thread where he attempted to set himself up as a BB supporter from way back.

And you can be second in line tough guy....

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: drrowdy on October 20, 2014, 08:42:54 pm
You know that argument/question would make your position a lot more meaningful of our sec opponents weren't all top 10 ranked when we played them, and not in year two of a complete rebuild. But you know, facts and such.

Again......he is in over his head in the SEC but I am not going to argue with you because we are all on the sinking ship together...

In here, Love Bielema/Hate Bielema, male or female, black or white, we are all tatted up, long haired hippie folks....

PRJ

BPsTheMan

Quote from: drrowdy on October 20, 2014, 08:42:54 pm
You know that argument/question would make your position a lot more meaningful of our sec opponents weren't all top 10 ranked when we played them, and not in year two of a complete rebuild. But you know, facts and such.

Careful Rowdy. He's got golfer friends.

naturalbornpigger

Winning SEC football games is part of "is the program better."  We do keep score, and we do count W's and L's.  But half way through the second season against the toughest schedule in NCAA football is not the right time to measure W's and L's.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: drrowdy on October 20, 2014, 08:46:14 pm
You don't worry me in the least sweet cheeks. You're the epitome of telephone tough guy.

Problem is, you jump sides when you see momentum swinging, but just can't figure out how to come up with an opinion of your own. It's ok though, the world needs ditch diggers buddy. So wake up tomorrow, put a smile on that face, and dig like your daddy taught you.

Ditch digger.....LOL

I aint a telephone tough guy and the day you decide to find that out for yourself will be sort of baptism for your loud mouthed ass......

PRJ

BrianWPS!!

Good god how has this thread not been deleted? Somebody slackin'

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 08:40:03 pm
All that is fine, but where does:

5. Are we winning SEC football games?

How do we fit that in or is that not important?

Winning SEC football games is part of "is the program better."  We do keep score, and we do count W's and L's.  But half way through the second season against the toughest schedule in NCAA football is not the right time to measure W's and L's.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 08:45:40 pm
Again......he is in over his head in the SEC but I am not going to argue with you because we are all on the sinking ship together...

In here, Love Bielema/Hate Bielema, male or female, black or white, we are all tatted up, long haired hippie folks....

PRJ

I see your lithium is finally taking effect

rude1

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on October 20, 2014, 08:47:08 pm
So when do you start measuring Ws and Ls? Because I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the schedule doesn't get any easier. So do we have to wait until all the programs ahead of us decline before we can actually count wins and losses?

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 20, 2014, 08:16:30 pm
I bet my season tickets are older than you are

Damn you been a season ticket holder since the 1950's?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 08:45:40 pm
...he is in over his head in the SEC

that's comically stupid

Nick Saban is LOLing

Dark Helmet Hog

What an epic pillow fight happening here, and behind keyboards at that. I can almost smell the potpourri.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 08:56:28 pm
that's comically stupid

Nick Saban is LOLing

Prove it.....

my proof is 0-12

PRJ

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on October 20, 2014, 08:21:01 pm

College football games never frustrate me. Win or lose, I have a great life. I go to most every game for entertainment. Nothing less, nothing more. It is just more entertaining when AR wins occasionally.  I also find it mildly entertaining to piss folks off on message boards who take this crap way too seriously.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

BPsTheMan

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 08:52:03 pm
So when do you start measuring Ws and Ls? Because I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the schedule doesn't get any easier. So do we have to wait until all the programs ahead of us decline before we can actually count wins and losses?
Well, you can count them whenever you want.  But you are wasting your time.  At the start of this season, which of the SEC games we have played were we expected to win?  We should measure at the end of each year and compare to expectations.  It is foolish to disregard 1) the sad state of the program 2 years ago and 2) the strength of the schedule played year to date. 

RazorbackRon

I don' think some people realize what the year of JLS did to the program.

arkbuck

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 20, 2014, 07:33:03 pm
0 -12 is bad considering at least 3 of those games probably should have been W's. Lsu and Miss State last year and Texas A&M this year. Petrino was 4-8 through 12 SEC games though. I distinctly remember many Nutt fans being highly critical of Petrino at the same point. He was also 3-4 at this point in year 2. Overall he was 8-11 compared to Bielema's 6-13. 2 games better. All that to say, criticism of Bielema for failing to win close games is fair but acting like Bielema is well behind Petrino at the same point is just not true.
Post of the year! 

rude1

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on October 20, 2014, 09:06:36 pm
Well, you can count them whenever you want.  But you are wasting your time.  At the start of this season, which of the SEC games we have played were we expected to win?  We should measure at the end of each year and compare to expectations.  It is foolish to disregard 1) the sad state of the program 2 years ago and 2) the strength of the schedule played year to date. 
So losing is ok as long as we aren't expected to win? News flash every program that turned the corner wasn't expected to win initially but went out and won anyway against teams they were expected to lose to until that perception changed.

We aren't expected to win simply because we don't win. With that mind set we might as well fold the tent and go home because we will be expected to lose the remaining SEC games this year and probably all of them again next year.

jkstock04

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 06:55:00 pm
That's only a statistic for those who are pantywaste puppets of the sullen up old fatass whiners who wanted him gone before he ever coached a game.

The ones who started off calling Jeff Long a "Yankee"

Your demigods range from the loudmouth old farts at the local country club bar to the smaller towns where your demigods are the loudmouth old farts who own used car dealerships.

Seriously, some of your heroes are used car dealers. Pillars of your communities. A true laughingstock. Don't tell me I'm wrong. I grew up in it.

For those of you who qualify, I'm glad you're pissed off.
Lol Demigods? Really? Do you know what a Demigod is?

Y'all who get your feelings hurt so badly because of typed opinions on a message board need a reality check.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HF#1

For those that focus on the wins and losses it's black and white.  For those who are smart enough to know what division we play in, it's not so black and white.  They realize it is a process and it's very difficult to win an SEC game.  Maybe the most difficult time to win an SEC game in the history of the league. 

They weren't kidding when they said we could be an improved team but our record not show it. Because that is exactly how it is playing out. 

There is no middle step for us.  That's why I think we probably fall short of a bowl.  There is no Vandy on our schedule to help us get to 6.  We have number 1, 3, and 25 in the country left to play.  If Mizzou wins a couple more games they could creep back into the rankings.  November will be every bit as tough as September and October has been.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us only win 5 games this year and then come back next year and win 8.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BPsTheMan

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 20, 2014, 09:13:36 pm
Lol Demigods? Really? Do you know what a Demigod is?

uh, yeah

did I forget to mention small town mortgage loan officers or something?

jkstock04

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 09:19:45 pm
uh, yeah

did I forget to mention small town mortgage loan officers or something?
Lol... I always have found you amusing. Carry on...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Danny J

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on October 20, 2014, 08:47:08 pm
I totally understand where you are coming from but if that is the case when do we measure wins and losses? The SEC schedule remains tough for the rest of this year and next year it won't be any easier. We have consistently played the toughest schedule going back to 2002. That is not going to change. We still have to play the same west teams next year but replace UGA with Tenn(road game and they will be more experienced next year as they are the youngest team in FBS). Eventually the players are going to have to learn to win games against ranked teams otherwise settle for at best 8 win seasons.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 20, 2014, 09:22:23 pm
Lol... I always have found you amusing. Carry on...

sorry you're pissed

hehawg

Quote from: HF#1 on October 20, 2014, 09:16:19 pm
For those that focus on the wins and losses it's black and white.  For those who are smart enough to know what division we play in, it's not so black and white.  They realize it is a process and it's very difficult to win an SEC game.  Maybe the most difficult time to win an SEC game in the history of the league. 

They weren't kidding when they said we could be an improved team but our record not show it. Because that is exactly how it is playing out. 

There is no middle step for us.  That's why I think we probably fall short of a bowl.  There is no Vandy on our schedule to help us get to 6.  We have number 1, 3, and 25 in the country left to play.  If Mizzou wins a couple more games they could creep back into the rankings.  November will be every bit as tough as September and October has been.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us only win 5 games this year and then come back next year and win 8.

Who is this "they" you speak of?
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Idahog

You are correct, he is not 0-16... he is 1-12 though.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

NaturalStateReb

Although most fans are patient, no one's going to be truly happy until this streak is over. The complaining will increase until Bielema finally breaks through.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jkstock04

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 09:22:59 pm
sorry you're pissed
Oh ya that's me...I'm just mad as hell!!! Someone has a different opinion than me! How dare they!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hehawg

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 20, 2014, 09:23:46 pm
Although most fans are patient, no one's going to be truly happy until this streak is over. The complaining will increase until Bielema finally breaks through.

^^ Simple to the point and true
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 09:13:20 pm
So losing is ok as long as we aren't expected to win? News flash every program that turned the corner wasn't expected to win initially but went out and won anyway against teams they were expected to lose to until that perception changed.

We aren't expected to win simply because we don't win. With that mind set we might as well fold the tent and go home because we will be expected to lose the remaining SEC games this year and probably all of them again next year.
It depends on whose expectations you are listening too.  As I said, continued improvement is the expectation I have.  Over time, I would expect us to 1) be competitive, 2) win half our SEC games, 3) win 3/4's of our SEC games.  That may take 3-4 more years.  May happen next year.  But whining about losing to 4 top ten teams midway through CBBs second season is unreasonable.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 09:13:20 pm

Great post....

I will also add instead of "fold the tent" we could replace that with "leave the SEC". At some point we have to start winning against SEC teams ranked or not. What do people think will happen next year? Lose all the remaining SEC games this year making us 0-20 in SEC games over that span and all the sudden the 2015 season we are going to magically start winning? Reminds me of the basketball Hogs. Finally started towards the middle of last season to overcome the road woes. I think that will help with this years team....knowing how and the confidence to win on the road. The same thing has to happen in football. At some point the players have to toughen up mentally and gain some confidence.

Russ22

He won't be 0-16 until after Thanksgiving. I read the topic title and not your long-winded defense of BB.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/