Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret is not 0-16 in the SEC

Started by BPsTheMan, October 20, 2014, 06:55:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wants2Win

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on October 20, 2014, 09:25:39 pm
It depends on whose expectations you are listening too.  As I said, continued improvement is the expectation I have.  Over time, I would expect us to 1) be competitive, 2) win half our SEC games, 3) win 3/4's of our SEC games.  That may take 3-4 more years.  May happen next year.  But whining about losing to 4 top ten teams midway through CBBs second season is unreasonable.
A&M is not a top 10 team.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Russ22 on October 20, 2014, 10:33:52 pm
He won't be 0-16 until after Thanksgiving. I read the topic title and not your long-winded defense of BB.

Just like an Aggie to pile on... Don't you have some Yell Leaders to Dutch Rudder after that 59-0 waxing you took on chin. GTFO.

We will eventually play an SEC team that we are better than and we'll likely win that game.  Could be sometime this season.  It is a mental block of sorts for the team and for all Hog fans.  Winning that one game will not make the staff suddenly great or not winning it suddenly horrible. 

For the record, I would have fired Petrino and Petrino wouldn't recognize a good defense if someone gave him one.  I don't believe BB's choice of football scheme will win for us in a big way, not now, not ever.  I felt this way the day he was hired.  I do not fault him for taking the job he was offered, for trying his very best, and I do understand the current losses. 

Understanding the situation and agreeing with it are 2 different things.  I have an opinion, it is my opinion, I own it and I will express it.  And I certainly agree that all the rest of you have that same right.

Russ22

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on October 20, 2014, 10:45:40 pm
Just like an Aggie to pile on... Don't you have some Yell Leaders to Dutch Rudder after that 59-0 waxing you took on chin. GTFO.
I am just stating my opinion on a message board.  I started the year thinking the Hogs MIGHT win 5, but I have backed off on that.  I still think the Aggies will win 8, and I know that they have issues. There are people on here that think that the Hogs are a few plays away from being a good team. They are just flat wrong.

Bielema needs a contract extention and a raise if you read some of his defenders. I say, give it to him. One less West team to worry about.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Athog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 06:55:00 pm
That's only a statistic for those who are pantywaste puppets of the sullen up old fatass whiners who wanted him gone before he ever coached a game.

The ones who started off calling Jeff Long a "Yankee"

Your demigods range from the loudmouth old farts at the local country club bar to the smaller towns where your demigods are the loudmouth old farts who own used car dealerships.

Seriously, some of your heroes are used car dealers. Pillars of your communities. A true laughingstock. Don't tell me I'm wrong. I grew up in it.

For those of you who qualify, I'm glad you're pissed off.

You angry? It is a game! Try to remember...you will live longer!!

MountieDawg

Quote from: secfan30 on October 20, 2014, 07:07:01 pm
Some people care more that their boy wasn't hired than they do about the program and us improving

FUNNY... So if he goes to 20 straight SEC losses... Would you still say he is the right man for the job... What about 25 straight... Would it take 35 straight SEC losses to re-think or have you agreed to drink the Kool-Aid no matter what? I am not saying he is not the right guy, but if people upset you because they are unhappy with 16 straight SEC losses, take a stroll over to JUMP BALL and see fans that are unhappy with just road losses.
SEC!

demonHOG1013

It doesnt really matter who the coach is.  The program is bigger than the coach.  The Arkansas Razorbacks are 0-16 in their last 16 SEC games and that's what matters.

Redhogs

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 20, 2014, 09:23:46 pm
Although most fans are patient, no one's going to be truly happy until this streak is over. The complaining will increase until Bielema finally breaks through.
As it should.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

bigredone

You judge on wins and losses in his third season. No SEC wins next season and he is in deep trouble.

But let me say this a match between Harry and PRJ definitely needs to be held at RRS. That dump in LR isn't  deserving of something so high class. Maybe OTR could ref, he seems to be a guy that understands the finer points of pro "wrasslin".

IntegrityHog

That's only a statistic for those who are pantywaste puppets of the sullen up old fatass whiners who wanted him gone before he ever coached a game.

Your demigods range from the loudmouth old farts at the local country club bar to the smaller towns where your demigods are the loudmouth old farts who own used car dealerships.

Seriously, some of your heroes are used car dealers. Pillars of your communities. A true laughingstock. Don't tell me I'm wrong. I grew up in it.

Rex, I totally agree with your well-reasoned and articulately framed arguments.  There are some people on here that are ready to convict CBB of a 0-16 start to conference play, and as you have noted, IT HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.  They shouldn't count their chickens before they've hatched, since we might sneak a conference win or two in this year.

Its funny what you said about small town country clubs and used car dealers.  I have noticed the same phenomenon at our small town barber shop, and my wife has reported hearing a few similar comments at the beauty parlor.  I like small town folks and all, but it is a shame when they try to make themselves look "big city" by running down our hard-working and ethical head coach.  Really leaves me scratching my head.

I think in the coming years, we'll really see an improvement, and by 2018 (CBB's first full season with his own 5th-year seniors), we'll be very glad that we were patient.

Lastly, don't let those internet tough guys bother you.  Sure, they may threaten to "kick Rex in his pex" but they are all talk.  If anything, they are jealous of true fans like you, because the first signs of CBB's success are starting to appear, and they are getting upset that they picked the wrong side of the argument.

DeltaBoy

October 21, 2014, 09:36:34 am #110 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:33:11 am by DeltaBoy

LOL you don't have a clue son.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

It is written on here in many threads that a group of Petrino lovers keep complaining and causing trouble.  And I say so what.  A person has a right to want and wish as they please.  What it appears over and over is that we have a bunch of posters on here that fully expect all others to act and think as they do.  Their attitude seems that the only correct position is MY position. 

Well we all have wants and wishes.  If I wanted to win an SEC championship, I wouldn't want Petrino or BB as my HC and I wouldn't want Nutt in a thousand miles of the entire program.  We have enough of a battle being in the SEC and being limited on recruiting to a position that is not in the top 10 annually.  Add in a no defense of Petrino or a limited offense of BB and the total dis-function of a Nutt and you got a serious problem of ever reaching your goal.  Though you may find 1 or 2 top SEC teams down in a given year, you are never likely to find the top 6 or 7 all down at the same time.  Its hell when your opportunities mostly depend on the failures of others.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on October 20, 2014, 07:32:12 pm
I'm a huge Bret supporter but he is indeed 0-12 or however many sec games he's coached here at Arkansas.

You calling our head coach huge?  Alma Sonic? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on October 20, 2014, 08:30:49 pm
I too am amazed at the number of dummassknowitalls.  I ran into about 1500 "experts" at WMS Saturday.  Guys who wouldn't know a screen pass from a screen door.  It's more contagious than Ebola.  Coaches taking over a program at the level of Arkansas when CBP and JLS departed deserve a 4 year contract with two years of "no comment." 

1) Is the program better than we were two years ago?
2) Is the program better than it was last year?
3) Does the current roster, recruits, and staff indicate we will be better next year?
4) Is character and accountability of players and coaches moving in the right direction?

Until these trends change, we stay the course.

Holy crap, it's refreshing when someone gets it.  Thank you.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 20, 2014, 09:23:46 pm
Although most fans are patient, no one's going to be truly happy until this streak is over. The complaining will increase until Bielema finally breaks through.

This is correct especially when the NUTT never went 0-12 in the SEC!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dominicanhog

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 20, 2014, 07:09:02 pm
I think it is more that their boy CBP was fired ...who cares about ethics or morals....just win baby (ask Jimbo)

Yep I'm just that guy. Win some friggin games!
Let's make some waves.

Hogpkins

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2014, 03:09:59 pm
This is correct especially when the NUTT never went 0-12 in the SEC!

Wrong! Check out his SEC record in 2010 and 2011.

Hint: He lost 12 SEC games in a row....

ETA: Actually I think it was 14 in a row, but who's counting?

Swine-as-wine

1st off........if you've never owned a used car, then I guess you're a spoiled rotten
rich kid, that always gets what he wants, and is pissed when someone disagrees with
you. My pops was a used car dealer, and a pillar of his community. You're not only wrong,
you're on the verge of needin an azz kickin for saying things like that.

2ndly........Bielema is 0'ffer the SEC. That won't last forever, but whether you like him
or hate him, doesn't have a damn thing to do with changing the facts.....he's not won a
single conference game while coaching the Hogs yet.

3rdly and finally........
dunno what sort of reputation you've had on this board previously......be it good or bad....
but I'd say it just took a major dive, from both Bielema suporters or detractors. 

Peter Porker

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 07:15:52 pm
Is there not a happy median here? Or is it completely acceptable to set new lows for a program by going 0 - 12 in conference, as long as you appear to be of high morals? The comical thing is that some of you act like there is no reason at all to be upset with the current state of the program, because hey after all even though we find innovative ways to lose at least we are playing um close.

The problem is you're upset with CBB about the current state of the program when he wasn't the one thatgot us here. Does he deserve some blame? Sure. I'll give you that. But it isn't his fault that Petrino decide cheating on his wife was more important than recruiting. And that's why we are where we are. There are some on this team that are not SEC caliber.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: Wants2Win on October 20, 2014, 10:43:28 pm
A&M is not a top 10 team.
So, just for clarity, was A&M a top ten team when we played them?  Just wondering if you recognize the official ranking systems or have your own.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: b501 on October 20, 2014, 06:58:47 pm
you're right. hes 0-12  ;)

He's not 0 for 12 in the SEC since he's won out of conference games while coaching in the SEC. He's also indeed won a game coaching AGAINST an SEC team..............................What's interesting is which SEC team!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ramtough

No he is not but he could be if he doesn't figure it out soon. If he goes 4-8 this year I think he may have to set down with his family and agent and talk about damage control from a career stand point after his epic fail at Arkansas. It gets to a point were he almost has to win some games to go out on a high note. He doesn't really have a choice he must stay another year to prove he can still coach.

BPsTheMan

Looks like I've hit a nerve with a few, and I will admit, I don't have a club.

When I went down to Miami with Donnie Brasco, we toyed with starting a club, but I knew he was undercover, so it was all talk. Then the local sheriff hit our place and took all the gambling money.

We just played along. Acted like we were pissed.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: bigredone on October 21, 2014, 09:24:03 am
You judge on wins and losses in his third season. No SEC wins next season and he is in deep trouble.

But let me say this a match between Harry and PRJ definitely needs to be held at RRS. That dump in LR isn't  deserving of something so high class. Maybe OTR could ref, he seems to be a guy that understands the finer points of pro "wrasslin".

Give me a whistle and I can ref anything.  I got a striped shirt from hoss for my birthday (a shirt she stole during one of her incarcerations).  I ain't sure I can get it over my ear, though.  Its as big around as a gravy bowl (down from as big as a tractor tire and catchers mitt) and feels like someone worked it over with a croquet mallet.  These two seem determined to go to loggerheads (this is the third time I've used this word this week alone and has to be some kind of hogville record).

Paris sonic is available.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: OTR on October 21, 2014, 09:20:26 pm
Give me a whistle and I can ref anything.  I got a striped shirt from hoss for my birthday (a shirt she stole during one of her incarcerations).  I ain't sure I can get it over my ear, though.  Its as big around as a gravy bowl (down from as big as a tractor tire and catchers mitt) and feels like someone worked it over with a croquet mallet.  These two seem determined to go to loggerheads (this is the third time I've used this word this week alone and has to be some kind of hogville record).

Paris sonic is available.

Vanilla Ice & The Brunette are ready for them

>:(

John Futrall

MalzahnFan

PRJ asked...

Serious Question: Does anyone fly/ own a plane that is free on Saturday? I am pretty talented at banner making

PRJ

RazorbackRon

Quote from: MalzahnFan on October 22, 2014, 01:56:33 pm
PRJ asked...

Serious Question: Does anyone fly/ own a plane that is free on Saturday? I am pretty talented at banner making

PRJ

so PBJ creates another acct 3 days ago
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Ironhawg

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 21, 2014, 11:14:11 am
You calling our head coach huge?  Alma Sonic? 

You've got to admit; he isn't exactly what you'd call svelte.

DLUXHOG

CBB is doing the "right" thing(s)....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bjnordin

It truly irritates me that half of the people on this board try and convince the rest of us that we should be satisifed with the "progress" we have made. Maybe people will believe I am a jerk for writing this, but I couldn't care less how many close games, non conference wins,  or "moral victories" we have.  Given what we pay our staff, the nature of our facilities, the increasing funds the athletic department gets and continues to ask for, we SHOULD NOT be the WORST TEAM in our conference divsion.  I have little tolernace for those that think this is "progress" and all others who think otherwise are disrespectful and unreasonable.  We should expect more from our staff and administration.

MalzahnFan

Quote from: bjnordin on October 22, 2014, 02:26:09 pm
It truly irritates me that half of the people on this board try and convince the rest of us that we should be satisifed with the "progress" we have made. Maybe people will believe I am a jerk for writing this, but I couldn't care less how many close games, non conference wins,  or "moral victories" we have.  Given what we pay our staff, the nature of our facilities, the increasing funds the athletic department gets and continues to ask for, we SHOULD NOT be the WORST TEAM in the in our conference divsion.  I have little tolernace for those that think this is "progress" and all others who think otherwise are disrespectful and unreasonable.  We should expect more from our staff and administration.

Great Post

pfrg999

This is a pure troll thread. .. Why it didnt get trashed is a disservice to Hogville
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Oklahawg

Thread has lost any usefulness. Too many trolls and bait-takers.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra