Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret is not 0-16 in the SEC

Started by BPsTheMan, October 20, 2014, 06:55:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

That's only a statistic for those who are pantywaste puppets of the sullen up old fatass whiners who wanted him gone before he ever coached a game.

The ones who started off calling Jeff Long a "Yankee"

Your demigods range from the loudmouth old farts at the local country club bar to the smaller towns where your demigods are the loudmouth old farts who own used car dealerships.

Seriously, some of your heroes are used car dealers. Pillars of your communities. A true laughingstock. Don't tell me I'm wrong. I grew up in it.

For those of you who qualify, I'm glad you're pissed off.

goneal

To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

B501

RazorbackRon

Quote from: goneal on October 20, 2014, 06:56:55 pm
Wow. Why so angry kid?

Whats the matter gonads, hitting close to home?
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 06:55:00 pm
That's only a statistic for those who are pantywaste puppets of the sullen up old fatass whiners who wanted him gone before he ever coached a game.

Your demigods range from the loudmouth old farts at the local country club bar to the smaller towns where your demigods are the loudmouth old farts who own used car dealerships.

Seriously, some of your heroes are used car dealers. Pillars of your communities. A true laughingstock. Don't tell me I'm wrong. I grew up in it.

Well said, Ragks! I agree on all points and hope this will finally bring about the return of [you] to thin the MMQB herd a bit.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

BPsTheMan

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 20, 2014, 06:59:57 pm
Whats the matter gonads, hitting close to home?

possibly a good call there

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Wants2Win

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on October 20, 2014, 07:02:30 pm
Well said, Ragks! I agree on all points and hope this will finally bring about the return of [you] to thin the MMQB herd a bit.

2014 is as good a year as any

Thin the herd for good. Some from Central and South Arkansas gone. Some from NEA gone. Some from NWA gone. I'm good with it.

Ironhawg

You are correct.  Bielema is only 0-12 in the SEC.  Arkansas as a football program,  however, has not won an SEC game since beating Kentucky on October 13, 2012 and has lost sixteen consecutive SEC games.
I don't understand how calling names, from either side of the argument,  is going to make for rational discussion of the football program which is what we are here for.  By the way it is panty waist.

secfan30

Some people care more that their boy wasn't hired than they do about the program and us improving

BPsTheMan

Quote from: secfan30 on October 20, 2014, 07:07:01 pm
Some people care more that their boy wasn't hired than they do about the program and us improving

correct sir

RazorbackRon

Quote from: secfan30 on October 20, 2014, 07:07:01 pm

I think it is more that their boy CBP was fired ...who cares about ethics or morals....just win baby (ask Jimbo)

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

secfan30

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 20, 2014, 07:09:02 pm
I think it is more that their boy CBP was fired ...who cares about ethics or morals....just win baby (ask Jimbo)

That's true, there is a big amount of that as well.

rude1

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 20, 2014, 07:09:02 pm
Is there not a happy median here? Or is it completely acceptable to set new lows for a program by going 0 - 12 in conference, as long as you appear to be of high morals? The comical thing is that some of you act like there is no reason at all to be upset with the current state of the program, because hey after all even though we find innovative ways to lose at least we are playing um close.

hawgbawb

We still have several winnable games this year. It's time to turn it around.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 07:15:52 pm
Is there not a happy median here? Or is it completely acceptable to set new lows for a program by going 0 - 12 in conference, as long as you appear to be of high morals? The comical thing is that some of you act like there is no reason at all to be upset with the current state of the program, because hey after all even though we find innovative ways to lose at least we are playing um close.

I AM a fan of the Razorbacks, NOT a coach.  I've sat through Jack Crowe, Danny Ford, HDN and JLS.  Yes, I was excited when CBP took us to the Cotton Bowl and won and yes, I was disappointed when he had a motorcycle wreck, lied about it to his boss, Razorback nation and the national media.  But he had to be fired after the lying and I think we got the a good coach who just needs more time.  The JLS year was a fiasco with zero recruiting done.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Minus 16 if I could.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: OTR on October 20, 2014, 07:26:01 pm
Minus 16 if I could.

I'm still trying to figure out if that's a turd or a turban on your head

BrianWPS!!

I'm a huge Bret supporter but he is indeed 0-12 or however many sec games he's coached here at Arkansas.

GlassofSwine

0 -12 is bad considering at least 3 of those games probably should have been W's. Lsu and Miss State last year and Texas A&M this year. Petrino was 4-8 through 12 SEC games though. I distinctly remember many Nutt fans being highly critical of Petrino at the same point. He was also 3-4 at this point in year 2. Overall he was 8-11 compared to Bielema's 6-13. 2 games better. All that to say, criticism of Bielema for failing to win close games is fair but acting like Bielema is well behind Petrino at the same point is just not true. 

BPsTheMan

Can I answer that?

What I'd really like to see is some people just getting an old fashioned ass whipping for being stupid.

No unpardonable sin. Nothing like that. Forgiveness later. Much later. But for now, ass whipping and leave for about ten years.

showme

Another stupid one thrown around is "we've lost to 4 Top 10 teams". Give me a break, calling A&M a Top 10 team at this point is laughable. Doesn't matter what they were ranked when we played them, what matters is how good of a team they are and it has been proven that they aren't very good so trying to use a month old ranking to describe the quality of a loss (yes we have reached that low) is juvenile.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: showme on October 20, 2014, 07:44:58 pm
Another stupid one thrown around is "we've lost to 4 Top 10 teams". Give me a break, calling A&M a Top 10 team at this point is laughable. Doesn't matter what they were ranked when we played them, what matters is how good of a team they are and it has been proven that they aren't very good so trying to use a month old ranking to describe the quality of a loss (yes we have reached that low) is juvenile.

Your right we have only lost to 3 Top 10 teams this year.

RazorbackRon

OK, so we've lost to 3 Top 10 teams.  Thanks for straightening that out.

rude1

Correct. But the excuses to explain away inept results with every loss are getting harder to come by. Soon we will be reading how great a team was 5 years ago when explaining how or why we lost to them.

mjsphd

BPsTheMan

You know what I call people like you?

Dumbass

I'll probably get ten days for this, but I think I've banked some goodwill with Doug to knock it down to four

BPsTheMan

actually, Doug? Wilson? Will I get ten days on someone who started their account this month?

hehawg

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 07:49:23 pm

Dumbass

I'll probably get ten days for this, but I think I've banked some goodwill with Doug to knock it down to four

The facts don't lie..what exactly are you trying to prove?
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

BrassNunchucks

You know, it's threads like this that make me appreciate Hogville for maybe THE most distinctive messageboard in all of college football. I think I support the original poster, because he appears to be advocating for patience for Bielema and acknowledging that it's only the second year in an obvious rebuilding project. But the message is couched in such in-your-face, nearly incomprehensible language, it can only truly be comprehended, ironically enough, by those very irrational commenters screaming hysterically for the last 18 months that "BERT B!1G BIELSMA CAN'T GET IT DONE" to whom the comment is aimed.

It's a very special language that only the posters on Hogville speak, and I don't want them to ever give it up. Proceed with the debate, fellows.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 07:48:04 pm
Correct. But the excuses to explain away inept results with every loss are getting harder to come by. Soon we will be reading how great a team was 5 years ago when explaining how or why we lost to them.

Most people just want to give Bielema more time to see if he can turn it around. The program needs stability. Just say we fire Bielema this year, we would be looking for our 4th coach in 4 years. What coach is going to come here at that point ? What happens to recruiting? We actually have a Top 20 class despite playing awful.

Your not going to have proven coaches lining up for the Arkansas job. You might have Butch Davis, Fat Phil and other coaches past their prime interested or some completely unproven entity like Mark Hudspeth. I would rather give Bielema more time than go down that road.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on October 20, 2014, 07:52:59 pm
You know, it's threads like this that make me appreciate Hogville for maybe THE most distinctive messageboard in all of college football. I think I support the original poster, because he appears to be advocating for patience for Bielema and acknowledging that it's only the second year in an obvious rebuilding project. But the message is couched in such in-your-face, nearly incomprehensible language, it can only truly be comprehended, ironically enough, by those very irrational commenters screaming hysterically for the last 18 months that "Bret B!1G BIELSMA CAN'T GET IT DONE" to whom the comment is aimed.

It's a very special language that only the posters on Hogville speak, and I don't want them to ever give it up. Proceed with the debate, fellows.

Precisely!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

hehawg

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 20, 2014, 07:54:20 pm
Most people just want to give Bielema more time to see if he can turn it around. The program needs stability. Just say we fire Bielema this year, we would be looking for our 4th coach in 4 years. What coach is going to come here at that point ? What happens to recruiting? We actually have a Top 20 class despite playing awful.

Your not going to have proven coaches lining up for the Arkansas job. You might have Butch Davis, Fat Phil and other coaches past their prime interested or some completely unproven entity like Mark Hudspeth. I would rather give Bielema more time than go down that road.

Someone who speaks rationally ^^ and I agree. No need in making repetitive, taunting post just baiting those who are frustrated with the way things have gone.
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 07:50:58 pm
actually, Doug? Wilson? Will I get ten days on someone who started their account this month?

I think showme is just a closet Mizzou fan anyway.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: hehawg on October 20, 2014, 07:51:30 pm
The facts don't lie..what exactly are you trying to prove?

what he inherited

duh

BPsTheMan

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on October 20, 2014, 07:52:59 pm
You know, it's threads like this that make me appreciate Hogville for maybe THE most distinctive messageboard in all of college football. I think I support the original poster, because he appears to be advocating for patience for Bielema and acknowledging that it's only the second year in an obvious rebuilding project. But the message is couched in such in-your-face, nearly incomprehensible language, it can only truly be comprehended, ironically enough, by those very irrational commenters screaming hysterically for the last 18 months that "Bret B!1G BIELSMA CAN'T GET IT DONE" to whom the comment is aimed.

I think I should get a day and a half max

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 07:36:30 pm
Can I answer that?

What I'd really like to see is some people just getting an old fashioned ass whipping for being stupid.

No unpardonable sin. Nothing like that. Forgiveness later. Much later. But for now, ass whipping and leave for about ten years.

I tell ya what tough guy....I will let you stroll to the front of the ass whipping line. You can be the very first one

PRJ

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 08:00:06 pm
I think I should get a day and a half max

I think your Sig should be reason to knock it down at least another half day.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I would propose a battle Royale for all of hogville, but we wouldn't be able to decide whether it should be at DWR Razorback Stadium or War Memorial land fill.

And Robert Shields is a horrible poster who with Delta boy always agrees in his 58 billion post count.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 08:00:39 pm
I tell ya what tough guy....I will let you stroll to the front of the ass whipping line. You can be the very first one

PRJ

Stuff just got real. Real real.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 08:00:39 pm

PRJ

what town do you sell used cars in?

Mike_e

Har-Ri, Harry Rex Vonner.

You get back in that house and leave those poor slow kids alone.

Bless their hearts.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 08:03:46 pm
what town do you sell used cars in?

I don't sell cars but I just offered you a sweet deal....

PRJ

rude1

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 20, 2014, 07:54:20 pm

He will get the time, unfortunately I don't think it's going to matter. But I totally agree there is no way you can even think about firing him now, I hope for the best but fully expect the worse.

showme

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 07:49:23 pm

Dumbass

mighty tough talk from behind the keyboard. Not surprising though. Facts tend to get in the way of agendas.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 20, 2014, 08:05:06 pm
I don't sell cars but I just offered you a sweet deal....

PRJ

So is it you who is pissed off or your handlers?

Just trying to see who's in play here. You don't look like a golfer so I'm thinking smaller town big fish.

hehawg

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 20, 2014, 07:59:00 pm
what he inherited

duh

Not pissing in your cheerios but people are not particularly upset with coach but the last 3 games have amplified those losses you speak of. Two of those games were lost by both play calls and poor execution.  I do think cbb has the program headed to a successful future
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Okay boys break it up.  Let's go.  Move along.   And the rest of you...nothing to see here boys. Get back to class.