Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drive comparison

Started by PorkSoda, October 20, 2014, 06:45:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

1st Drive 12 rushes 1 pass 75 yards TD
2nd Drive 2 passes (2 sacks) 1 run for 11 yards and a punt.
3rd Drive 3 runs 3 passes (two incomplete) punt
4th Drive 2 runs (7 yards) 1 incomplete pass punt

I see a pattern here.  runs = positive yards pass = negative or no yards.

5th drive 4 runs 29 yards 1 of 4 passes 8 yards and a sack fumble.
6th drive 1 run 6 yards, 4 of 7 passing and an interception.

end of half.  I'm not going to bother going forward here I think we can all see the pattern here.

we run the ball we win, we pass the ball we lose.  TC needs to get that through his freaking head or we will never ever win another SEC game.  If I was BB, I'd put the cuff on chaney for the rest of the year.  tell him he gets 15 pass plays per game and thats it, so he better use them carefully.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

wupigsuey

BA has attempted 85 passes the last two games. I read somewhere today that Mallett never attempted that many over 2 games and TWilson did once. It's almost like Chaney saw uga move down the field in 4 plays he thought he had to prove we could do that too. not sure what he's thinking sometimes.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

PorkSoda

I've supported chaney all year, but this was the last straw.  he will never get it through his think skull that we are not an air raid offense.  how BB doesn't reign this guy in is beyond me.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Augustus

Oh, if only Bielema would have perused Hogville for expert Offensive Coordinators, before hiring Chaney...  We'd be 7-0 right now.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Augustus on October 20, 2014, 06:58:12 pm
Oh, if only Bielema would have perused Hogville for expert Offensive Coordinators, before hiring Chaney...  We'd be 7-0 right now.

if only he would smack chaney around and tell him to quit getting away from the game plan.

the numbers speak for themselves.

the first drive was the game plan.  everything after that was all chaney.  pass pass punt MFr

the coaches are supposed to put the players in a position to be successful.  all chaneys been doing is setting them up to fail.  whatever happened to Feed the Studs.  BA is not the playmaker on this team.  he has proven that over and over again.  our RB's might as well transfer cause Chaney has no intention of using them this year.  afterall BA is practically Joe Montana out there.

Boardon Hamsay

I average around 290 per drive but hadn't swung a club in weeks.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

PorkSoda

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on October 20, 2014, 07:07:28 pm
I average around 290 per drive but hadn't swung a club in weeks.
you couldn't drive my grammas pinto, getoutta my thread punk

31to6

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2014, 06:53:51 pm
I've supported chaney all year, but this was the last straw.  he will never get it through his think skull that we are not an air raid offense.  how BB doesn't reign this guy in is beyond me.
Well, we had to pass the ball quite a bit in the 2nd half to even have a chance at the game. And to be honest we moved the ball efficiently.

The place we get in trouble is that we are terrible passing on first down and when we do so on the first play of a drive it has a pretty good chance of a 3-and-out.

We can NOT afford 3-and-outs. Even if we punt we have to run the clock a little bit and flip the field and give our defense some room to work with.

PorkSoda

look again at the drive chart in the OP.  why did we ever stop running, they couldn't stop it?

I understand the second half,  but the second half would have been a completely different game if we had continued to run the ball in the first.

its there for anyone to see.  drive after drive, we start passing its a drive killer.

Danny J

This is my $.02 on the subject.

When we are getting stuffed on early downs in the run game we need to pass a bit on first down to at least appear to be balanced. However when the first drive of the game consisted of pounding it down the field then we should have done the very same thing on the next drive. Now....many "experts" say after a short field via turnover or in this case a failed onside kick it is routine to go for a big play down the field. I think Richt in knowing Chaney all too well after his 4 seasons at Tennessee knew he was one of these people who wanted to take a shot in that position and the D pinned their ears back and came after BA. That put us behind the chains and forced to pass again which means another blitz. That would have been the point to run a draw from the shotgun or a screen play if we ran them at all. So at this point UGA has zero fear that we can make them pay for the blitz and the rest is history.

We have to stop being so predictable with our formations and timing of certain plays. Over the coarse of the next two weeks we need to install some sort of screen play if we have any chance to beat LSU and/or Mizzou.

Dominicanhog

we were 1 for 6 passing... hit 2 or 3 passes and the outcome is likely different for that set of drives. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 20, 2014, 07:20:43 pm
we were 1 for 6 passing... hit 2 or 3 passes and the outcome is likely different for that set of drives. 
but we didn't, yet amazingly when we ran the ball we did get yards, and a score.

but yeah lets pass because its obviously the strength of the team.  geezuz people.

Augustus

You're all assuming that Bielema hasn't dictated some of the play calling as of late, and pulled rank on Chaney, no?

Or maybe it's just the Coaches see something you don't? (I'm just guessing that none of you are SEC Coaches). In the 2nd half vs Bama, we averaged 1.25 YPC rushing the ball.  You're arguing we should stick with run with that average?

Collins had 30 yards on 11 carries, including a fumble vs UGA.

We've only had 1 (one) 20+ yard rush in the last two games.

The thing about a two-headed "monster" rushing attack is, if only one (Jwill) RB is rushing effectively, it no longer becomes a monster.

Anyone can use stats to support their argument how they see fit (I just did), but it's been pretty obvious... if we can run at will against teams (Texas Tech, NIU, Nicholls), we will do it.  When we line up against SEC defenses? It becomes a bit trickier.

I'm amazed that upon Bielema's hiring all I heard was "dear God, all we're gonna is run the ball, and that will NEVER work"...

Now? All I hear is "Why don't we run the ball?!"

I think the 1st step is some of y'all realizing: You are NOT an SEC (or even CFB) Coach, and you probably don't know what you're talking about.

Danny J

Quote from: Augustus on October 20, 2014, 07:27:06 pm
You're all assuming that Bielema hasn't dictated some of the play calling as of late, and pulled rank on Chaney, no?

Or maybe it's just the Coaches see something you don't? (I'm just guessing that none of you are SEC Coaches). In the 2nd half vs Bama, we averaged 1.25 YPC rushing the ball.  You're arguing we should stick with run with that average?

The thing about a two-headed "monster" rushing attack is, if only one (Jwill) RB is rushing effectively, it no longer becomes a monster.

Anyone can use stats to support their argument how they see fit (I just did), but it's been pretty obvious... if we can run at will against teams (Texas Tech, NIU, Nicholls), we will do it.  When we line up against SEC defenses? It becomes a bit trickier.

I'm amazed that upon Bielema's hiring all I heard was "dear God, all we're gonna is run the ball, and that will NEVER work"...

I think the 1st step is some of y'all realizing: You are NOT an SEC (or even CFB) Coach, and you probably don't know what you're talking about.
I understand what you are saying and you are right except that UGA didn't come close to stopping the run game the first drive. There was no need to even try to run a pass play at that point. If they had stuffed the run on first down then fine but we immediately went to the pass.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Augustus on October 20, 2014, 07:27:06 pm

But in this case the run was working and we went away from it.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Danny J on October 20, 2014, 07:29:45 pm
I understand what you are saying and you are right except that UGA didn't come close to stopping the run game the first drive. There was no need to even try to run a pass play at that point. If they had stuffed the run on first down then fine but we immediately went to the pass.
precisely. 

chaney is obviously passing coach and doesn't have the patience to establish the run game.  his game plan would be fine if we were stacked at WR and QB, but we aren't we are stacked at RB.  It is increasingly apparant that he is unable to tailor his game plan to the strengths of the team.  he is trying to stuff a square peg into a round whole and 2 years winless in the SEC is the result.

the huggers it just as well as i do.  so don't hide behind the coaches know best crap. 

PorkSoda

how many interceptions does BA have to throw for us to move away from the pass game?

it only took 1 TD for us to move away from the run game.

Augustus

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2014, 07:34:16 pm
precisely. 

chaney is obviously passing coach and doesn't have the patience to establish the run game.  his game plan would be fine if we were stacked at WR and QB, but we aren't we are stacked at RB.  It is increasingly apparant that he is unable to tailor his game plan to the strengths of the team.  he is trying to stuff a square peg into a round whole and 2 years winless in the SEC is the result.

the huggers it just as well as i do.  so don't hide behind the coaches know best crap.

I rest my case.  If only Jeff Long/Bielema had searched Hogville before hiring anyone.

Because, I'm sure none of them have looked over the drives and productivity of past games, and analyzed the numbers. Yeah.

hehawg

Quote from: Augustus on October 20, 2014, 07:42:34 pm
I rest my case.  If only Jeff Long/Bielema had searched Hogville before hiring anyone.

Because, I'm sure none of them have looked over the drives and productivity of past games, and analyzed the numbers. Yeah.

They may have found you since you have all of the answers. Get real man. The run game was completely abandoned no ifs ands or buts
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Augustus

Quote from: hehawg on October 20, 2014, 07:49:05 pm
They may have found you since you have all of the answers. Get real man. The run game was completely abandoned no ifs ands or buts

37 rushing attempts and 45 passing attempts in the UGA game... Not sure I'd qualify 8 more passes than runs a "complete abandonment of the running game, no ifs ands or buts", but ok.

HiggiePiggy

Seriously man.  Go away.  You think every coordinator out there is great or good if they are a razorback.   Look at the damn games.  We give up on the runs every game. 

Chaney hasn't showed anything to make me think he is a great or even a good coordinator.   Most offensive coordinators try to feed their studs.  Please tell me who our studs are on this team?   Majority of hogville know who they are. The problem is we don't think our OC does. 

Everyone kisses the asses of these coaches and it's really depressing to see it.  Chaney needs to be questioned because we have had many games in the last 2 years that have had WTH moments on offense. 

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hehawg

Quote from: Augustus on October 20, 2014, 07:53:51 pm
37 rushing attempts and 45 passing attempts in the UGA game... Not sure I'd qualify 8 more passes than runs a "complete abandonment of the running game, no ifs ands or buts", but ok.

The OP was stating a (drive) comparison. The entire game stats were not quoted. Read much? If your doing good at something why change it up???
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Augustus

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 20, 2014, 07:55:02 pm
Seriously man.  Go away.  You think every coordinator out there is great or good if they are a razorback.   Look at the damn games.  We give up on the runs every game. 

Chaney hasn't showed anything to make me think he is a great or even a good coordinator.   Most offensive coordinators try to feed their studs.  Please tell me who our studs are on this team?   Majority of hogville know who they are. The problem is we don't think our OC does. 

Everyone kisses the asses of these coaches and it's really depressing to see it.  Chaney needs to be questioned because we have had many games in the last 2 years that have had WTH moments on offense.

Which is it? Do you want me to go away? Or do you want to answer your questions?

And, you just proved my point... with "Majority of hogville know who they are. The problem is we don't think our OC does."

Hogville, or any fan, thinking they know better than someone (anyone) that's spent their life playing and coaching football. Ya know, rather than just watching football and commenting on a message board.

Of course, Hogville did suggest today that we burn Rafe's redshirt, and start playing him as QB.  So... take that for what's it worth.

Dirty

When you are down 38-6 you have to pass. Our running will take too much time.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Dirty on October 20, 2014, 08:04:35 pm
When you are down 38-6 you have to pass. Our running will take too much time.
Bull crap.  if you are efficient running the ball it doesn't take any more time than passing.

PorkSoda

it is way out of wack when you consider JW vs BA.

ChicoHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2014, 08:08:03 pm
Bull crap.  if you are efficient running the ball it doesn't take any more time than passing.
yes it does.  The avg pass play is longer gain than avg run play and if it's incomplete the clock stops.  If what you say is true then a 2 minute offense would be mostly runs.  2 minute offenses are mostly passes. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 20, 2014, 08:45:10 pm
yes it does.  The avg pass play is longer gain than avg run play and if it's incomplete the clock stops.  If what you say is true then a 2 minute offense would be mostly runs.  2 minute offenses are mostly passes. 
I'm talking about TD's  our passing offense is inept compared to our rushing offense.  we will score more TD's by running the ball than passing the ball.  put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Rushing 305 rushes for 23 TD's = 13 rushes per TD

192 pass attempts 13 TD's = 15 passes per TD.  thats not even counting the INT's that should count against the passing TD's

wanna keep playing?

Harleigh Hog

The football knowledge by some around here is amazing!

If you watched the game and paid attention (not just review the box scores at the end), you would notice that GA was in a base defense for the entire first drive. We can run the ball down the throats of anyone in the country who doesn't stack the box against the run, and on the first drive that's exactly what we did. Beginning with the second drive and for the rest of the time that the game was in question (basically until 38-6) GA had at least 9 and sometimes 10 guys within 4 yards of the LOS.
If we ever want to compete in the SEC we MUST be able to throw the ball when the opposing team basically dares us to do so. When we can do that the results will be obvious and will reopen the run game.  The reasons that we haven't are the subject of debate in about 10 new threads every day. My personal opinion is that we just don't have the QB and WR's yet to consistently be successful in passing situations. 
I think that currently 8 or 9 players on our staring offense are good enough to win games right now. The problem is that due to lack of depth, that's all we got! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why late game production is lacking in our offense this year. Run blocking is extremely diffucult and physically taxing due to the amount of time the line must hold their blocks and drive the defense away from the play. We are essentially one deep on the line right now with sec quality lineman. Pound a young running back up the middle 30+ times a game and your begging for a short season as the year wears on.
I'm not saying Chaney is calling it perfect, I scratch my head with some of his decisions as well. However folks must understand that you won't line up and run the ball play after play on legit sec defenses with a stacked box. As confusing as it sounds I think at least once this year BA will have a good game early against a good team and then watch our offense hum, running and passing! Don't give me the crap about what we did to Nichols and Tech because once the game was in hand we were so deep in the depth chart that the announcers were lost (ie fresh bodies up front).

jacobp

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2014, 06:51:20 pm
when BA got injured, I though THANK GOD, now chaney will be forced to run the ball and we might actually win.  but nooooo.  he would rather play an injured QB that can't feel his arm because of all the pain meds, than run the ball.

Keep it classy, bro

elksnort

It's a message board for people to talk about the hogs.   
Most of us aren't Senators either, but we often talk about political/government policy. 

hehawg

Quote from: Harleigh Hog on October 20, 2014, 09:42:06 pm

If you watched the game and paid attention (not just review the box scores at the end), you would notice that GA was in a base defense for the entire first drive. We can run the ball down the throats of anyone in the country who doesn't stack the box against the run, and on the first drive that's exactly what we did. Beginning with the second drive and for the rest of the time that the game was in question (basically until 38-6) GA had at least 9 and sometimes 10 guys within 4 yards of the LOS.
If we ever want to compete in the SEC we MUST be able to throw the ball when the opposing team basically dares us to do so. When we can do that the results will be obvious and will reopen the run game.  The reasons that we haven't are the subject of debate in about 10 new threads every day. My personal opinion is that we just don't have the QB and WR's yet to consistently be successful in passing situations. 
I think that currently 8 or 9 players on our staring offense are good enough to win games right now. The problem is that due to lack of depth, that's all we got! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why late game production is lacking in our offense this year. Run blocking is extremely diffucult and physically taxing due to the amount of time the line must hold their blocks and drive the defense away from the play. We are essentially one deep on the line right now with sec quality lineman. Pound a young running back up the middle 30+ times a game and your begging for a short season as the year wears on.
I'm not saying Chaney is calling it perfect, I scratch my head with some of his decisions as well. However folks must understand that you won't line up and run the ball play after play on legit sec defenses with a stacked box. As confusing as it sounds I think at least once this year BA will have a good game early against a good team and then watch our offense hum, running and passing! Don't give me the crap about what we did to Nichols and Tech because once the game was in hand we were so deep in the depth chart that the announcers were lost (ie fresh bodies up front).

You need to watch the game again. Our offense had everyone on defense accounted for except the outside backs cheating up on every play deemed a "run". For whatever reason this was never compensated and UGA played the same way for the entire 1st half.
The RUN WAS working but there was no change in calls to avoid the defensive look. There's only 1 person who could be held accountable. .I'll hang up and listen
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

elksnort

Quote from: hehawg on October 20, 2014, 09:55:45 pm

You need to watch the game again. Our offense had everyone on defense accounted for except the outside backs cheating up on every play deemed a "run". For whatever reason this was never compensated and UGA played the same way for the entire 1st half.
The RUN WAS working but there was no change in calls to avoid the defensive look. There's only 1 person who could be held accountable. .I'll hang up and listen
If I believe right the second drive we started out throwing. Even if they moved out of their base defense keep running it until they stop it. 

I also think it is piss poor that we can't run some sort of screen play. 

hehawg

Quote from: elksnort on October 20, 2014, 10:03:15 pm
If I believe right the second drive we started out throwing. Even if they moved out of their base defense keep running it until they stop it. 

I also think it is piss poor that we can't run some sort of screen play.

Run or pass the outside backs played in and nothing was ever changed in the first half to make a difference.
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Harleigh Hog

Quote from: hehawg on October 20, 2014, 09:55:45 pm

"Our offense had everyone on D accounted for except the outside backs"

That theory works if your understanding doesn't go beyond "we have 11 and so do they". The defense you described is exactly what they were in and it's called a gap control run defense. This means they are playing most of the time with two or three LB's and the the guys you called "outside backs" are called outside linebackers and/or cornerbacks depending on the way we line up.

In the defense you described and I explained GA used a run blitz on almost every down. They would mix it up by blitzing the gaps in the middle some and then on occasion blitz those "outside backs" off the edge to stop us from trying the toss sweeps and runs off the edge. Either way it clogs the line of scrimmage with more people than we can block and makes running the ball very difficult!
In turn this type defense leaves one on one match ups on our wide receivers and tight ends. If YOU go back and watch the game you will see Hatcher is very open on a bunch of plays where Allen either never looked at him or didn't have time to find him. This is why we MUST be able to throw the ball against these type defenses because we will see them for the rest of the year.

Expecting to have sustained success running the ball against the defense we saw last Saturday is not logical. Ask Houston Nutt how that worked out for him...

I would like to see us at least attempt a screen once in awhile because this would slow down the run blitzes. Chaney says we can't block for a screen and I would counter that with the fact that we can't block the run blitzes every play either!

Look at the plays where we did have success running the ball. Almost every single time it involved pulling a lineman and lead blocking behind him with a fullback to use up the defenders in the box. Going back to what I said earlier you just can't reasonably expect guys to hold up an entire game grinding that hard every play.  We must be able to throw the ball some and back the defenders up.

hehawg

Quote from: Harleigh Hog on October 20, 2014, 10:46:59 pm
"Our offense had everyone on D accounted for except the outside backs"

That theory works if your understanding doesn't go beyond "we have 11 and so do they". The defense you described is exactly what they were in and it's called a gap control run defense. This means they are playing most of the time with two or three LB's and the the guys you called "outside backs" are called outside linebackers and/or cornerbacks depending on the way we line up.

In the defense you described and I explained GA used a run blitz on almost every down. They would mix it up by blitzing the gaps in the middle some and then on occasion blitz those "outside backs" off the edge to stop us from trying the toss sweeps and runs off the edge. Either way it clogs the line of scrimmage with more people than we can block and makes running the ball very difficult!
In turn this type defense leaves one on one match ups on our wide receivers and tight ends. If YOU go back and watch the game you will see Hatcher is very open on a bunch of plays where Allen either never looked at him or didn't have time to find him. This is why we MUST be able to throw the ball against these type defenses because we will see them for the rest of the year.

Expecting to have sustained success running the ball against the defense we saw last Saturday is not logical. Ask Houston Nutt how that worked out for him...

I would like to see us at least attempt a screen once in awhile because this would slow down the run blitzes. Chaney says we can't block for a screen and I would counter that with the fact that we can't block the run blitzes every play either!

Look at the plays where we did have success running the ball. Almost every single time it involved pulling a lineman and lead blocking behind him with a fullback to use up the defenders in the box. Going back to what I said earlier you just can't reasonably expect guys to hold up an entire game grinding that hard every play.  We must be able to throw the ball some and back the defenders up.

I agree with most of what you said but yet again no calls were made to counteract those blitzes. I seen this from pretty crappy seats with a hunchback in my knees as well as 3 or 4 very rude Georgia fans. Why someone in a covered box didn't see this and make adjustments is beyond me.
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2014, 07:04:22 pm
if only he would smack chaney around and tell him to quit getting away from the game plan.

the numbers speak for themselves.

the first drive was the game plan.  everything after that was all chaney. 

UGA tried to play us straight up on the first drive and got handed an eight minute drive for a score.

They never played straight up again...

The sky fell on us after that, till the half because of our mistakes, after the missed xtra pt.

We had a good game plan in the 2nd half—first one this year for the 2nd half.

We may have actually turned a corner.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Harleigh Hog on October 20, 2014, 09:42:06 pm

Message to PorkSoda, read what HHog says and try to keep up. LOL or you can read what I say about UGA playing us straight up only once... It didn't take them long to figure out they were getting their brains beat in.

We needed the 2nd half use of the TEs, Cornelius and Edwards, in the first half, but we turned it over so fast, and allowed so many big plays that it just messed us up...

Don't forget that we outscored them 26-7 in 2nd half.  But then, you may subscribe to the theory that UGA just took its foot off the pedal in half No. 2.  LMAO

Harleigh Hog

Quote from: hehawg on October 21, 2014, 04:46:59 am
I agree with most of what you said but yet again no calls were made to counteract those blitzes. I seen this from pretty crappy seats with a hunchback in my knees as well as 3 or 4 very rude Georgia fans. Why someone in a covered box didn't see this and make adjustments is beyond me.

We must have been sitting in the same section! Lol!!

Obnoxious GA fan to my left and frequent flyers at the buffet immediately in front.  I felt like I was enduring confined space training while being heckled at the same time.  Shortly after that my wife and I ran the gauntlet AKA the golf course back to our vehicle.  Multiple clouds of pot smoke combined with ridiculous "club music" that was being enjoyed by drunk 19 year olds who probably sisnt even know we had started the game.

Im not the fun police but dang was this a football game or burning man?!

Horthawg

Quote from: Augustus on October 20, 2014, 06:58:12 pm

The one he has now is 5-31.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

hogfan10

1/3 of those rushing attempts came on the first drive of the game, which resulted in a touchdown.

HF#1

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2014, 06:45:55 pm
1st Drive 12 rushes 1 pass 75 yards TD
2nd Drive 2 passes (2 sacks) 1 run for 11 yards and a punt.
3rd Drive 3 runs 3 passes (two incomplete) punt
4th Drive 2 runs (7 yards) 1 incomplete pass punt

I see a pattern here.  runs = positive yards pass = negative or no yards.

5th drive 4 runs 29 yards 1 of 4 passes 8 yards and a sack fumble.
6th drive 1 run 6 yards, 4 of 7 passing and an interception.

end of half.  I'm not going to bother going forward here I think we can all see the pattern here.

we run the ball we win, we pass the ball we lose.  TC needs to get that through his freaking head or we will never ever win another SEC game.  If I was BB, I'd put the cuff on chaney for the rest of the year.  tell him he gets 15 pass plays per game and thats it, so he better use them carefully.

Interesting you stopped at the half considering the second half we threw the ball with success but go ahead and make the stats fit your argument.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PorkSoda

Quote from: HF#1 on October 21, 2014, 11:39:46 am
Interesting you stopped at the half considering the second half we threw the ball with success but go ahead and make the stats fit your argument.
the game was blown wide open by half time.  he passed himself into a hole and then tried to pass himself out.  if you would like to go ahead and post the second have drives results, I'd be happy to discuss them, but my point was already made.

The_Iceman

Its funny, earlier in the season we heard people saying, "we need to throw it more on first down!"

Now, we attempt to throw it on first down, and we get sacked or something, and now everyone is saying, "we need to run it more!"

Our hindsight OC's are fantastic here on Hogville.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 21, 2014, 09:04:01 am
Message to PorkSoda, read what HHog says and try to keep up. LOL or you can read what I say about UGA playing us straight up only once... It didn't take them long to figure out they were getting their brains beat in.

We needed the 2nd half use of the TEs, Cornelius and Edwards, in the first half, but we turned it over so fast, and allowed so many big plays that it just messed us up...

Don't forget that we outscored them 26-7 in 2nd half.  But then, you may subscribe to the theory that UGA just took its foot off the pedal in half No. 2.  LMAO
if we had run the ball in the first half, then those second half stats may of made for win, instead as I pointed out, out passing game was only good for TO's and Sacks in the first half, yet Chaney kept going back to it like banging his head on a wall.

the stats speak for themselves.  Here is the reality

Chaney is not committed to the run, Chaney does not believe in the run.  when pressured, chaney will always revert to the passing game.  it is all he knows.  but unfortunately for this team, our strength is the run game. 

Now maybe Chaney's strategy is that is is a throwaway year.  he knows we can't win consistently if we only run, so he is determined to jump start the passing game by throwing every down. who knows.  I just feel sorry for Alex Collins and J Will. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 21, 2014, 01:39:34 pm
Its funny, earlier in the season we heard people saying, "we need to throw it more on first down!"

Now, we attempt to throw it on first down, and we get sacked or something, and now everyone is saying, "we need to run it more!"

I love how everyone says 'everyone says something'  and the 'everyone changes their toon'

cause I have been saying we need to run the ball more since BB stepped foot on campus.

hogfan10

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 21, 2014, 01:39:34 pm

Could be that two seperate groups fans are complaining; the one's that want to run, the one's that want to pass, or a third group - the one's that want to win regardless of how it's done.

bigred223

I agree with those who have mentioned that we have not effectively tailored our game plan to suit our strengths. I like our scheme a lot, and I think it can have great success with the right combination of players just to be clear. However, we have yet to find ways to get our backs out in space. Running up the middle is great, and it should be a staple for us. The problem is that seems to be our only method of using our backs, running up the middle and a sweep play every now and then. I think it's crazy to think that we couldn't install some sort of running offense from a more spread out formation. It's all about making the defense defend the whole field. Right now, the majority of our plays take place between the tackles and over the middle. It's very difficult to just physically dominate top 10 teams with no threat of a vertical passing game and no creativity in our formations.

In short, what I see from us is the following:
Shotgun= pass
Single back= draw, play action, or sweep

That's it. We need to find a way to get our running backs in space as a changeup to power running, and I believe we need to use our receivers on sweeps more often.

HF#1

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 21, 2014, 01:32:41 pm
the game was blown wide open by half time.  he passed himself into a hole and then tried to pass himself out.  if you would like to go ahead and post the second have drives results, I'd be happy to discuss them, but my point was already made.

Don't you think we were forced into throwing after our first drive?  Two big plays by Georgia then we started turning it over. 

We weren't just throwing it because it's what Chaney thinks we are best at...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin