Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL and NCAA

Started by trippigs, October 20, 2014, 06:12:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trippigs

I think the NFL is hurting NCAA football by taking kids before they graduate. They are going down the same path as the NBA who has already eviscerated NCAA basketball. One and done is simply not good for NCAA sports. There needs to be some sort of financial settlement paid to the University by the athlete and NFL if someone leaves early....and make it substantial.

Seminole Indian

October 20, 2014, 06:29:06 pm #1 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:09:45 pm by Seminole Indian
The flip side is that some programs benefit in recruiting by sending many of their players to the NFL early.

Don't think these programs have incentives to stop, and not sure the NCAA as a whole  wants to get cross ways with them.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

HiggiePiggy

I'm pretty sure nfl and NCAA are doing fine with the way they are doing things.  3 years out of high school has worked very well for the nfl. 

Basketball should change to the baseball rules and either let them come out of high school and if they don't, they have to wait 3 years to enter the pros. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?