Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC basketball commentators and analysts for '14-15

Started by jbcarol, October 20, 2014, 05:17:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  1h 1 hour ago
25 days until tipoff! Today, we're proud to announce our team of #SEC basketball commentators and analysts: http://bit.ly/1tFLK0Q

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- SEC Network will televise 118 Southeastern Conference men's basketball games in its inaugural season and surround coverage with sportscasters, former coaches and former players with extensive SEC expertise. The experience of Dave Baker, Barry Booker, Joe Dean Jr., Daymeon Fishback, Tom Hart, Darrin Horn, Dave Neal, Will Perdue and Jon Sundvold highlight the SEC Network's basketball commentating roster. In addition, the network has hired former SEC men's basketball players Dane Bradshaw (Tennessee) and Tony Delk (Kentucky) as SEC Network analysts.

SEC Network Basketball Play-by-Play Commentators:
• Dave Neal - the two-time EMMY Award winner has been covering SEC sports for nearly 15 years and worked with ESPN since 2009
• Tom Hart - play-by-play for SEC Network's college football coverage, a Missouri graduate covering a span of college sports including women's basketball and baseball
• Dave Baker - sportscaster for men's and women's SEC basketball for more than two decades

SEC Network Basketball Analysts:
• Barry Booker -played guard at Vanderbilt University from 1985-89 and has been a college basketball analyst on ESPN networks for the past five seasons. Booker will now cover games as analyst for SEC Network
• Dane Bradshaw - new to ESPN networks, Bradshaw is a former Tennessee guard he will cover games and appear in SEC Network's studio coverage
• Joe Dean Jr. - former Mississippi State basketball player and assistant coach at two SEC schools, Dean joins SEC Network after covering SEC basketball games for more than 20 years
• Tony Delk - new to ESPN networks, Delk was a Kentucky point guard for the 1996 National Championship team. He will be an analyst for SEC Network's studio coverage
• Daymeon Fishback - former Auburn player, Fishback will contribute as a game analyst for SEC Network
• Darrin Horn - previously coached at South Carolina, Horn has been covering basketball at ESPN for the last two years and will continue to do so for multiple ESPN networks including SEC Network
• Jon Sundvold - former Missouri guard, Sundvold was an All-American and a first round draft pick. He has contributed his analytic expertise at ESPN for more than a decade including covering the SEC the last two years. He will now also cover games for SEC Network
• Will Perdue - a former Vanderbilt basketball player, Perdue was a first round NBA draft pick and played on four NBA Championship teams. He will contribute to SEC Network studio programming and games as an analyst
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

bruisemeister

I have to admit the SEC football guys are very objective. I hope the same for basketball. It will nice to hear someone like Tony Delk saying good things about the Hogs whether he means it or not like Booger McFarland and Craig McElroy.

-Blu

Quote from: bruisemeister on November 02, 2014, 03:14:32 am
I have to admit the SEC football guys are very objective. I hope the same for basketball. It will nice to hear someone like Tony Delk saying good things about the Hogs whether he means it or not like Booger McFarland and Craig McElroy.

Delk has already said Portis is his surprise pick for SEC POY.  They had a special with him and those other guys mentioned on SEC Media day for B-Ball.

onebadrubi

I will actually miss Jimmy Dykes calling our games.  I know he's an Arkansas guy and was somewhat partial in his knowledge of the program, but it was fun to hear him and what he had to say about the program, often on national tv. 

-Blu

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 02, 2014, 02:29:01 pm
I will actually miss Jimmy Dykes calling our games.  I know he's an Arkansas guy and was somewhat partial in his knowledge of the program, but it was fun to hear him and what he had to say about the program, often on national tv.

Jimmy Dykes was my favorite commentator, very knowledgeable dude.  And he just makes you get hype for the game.

Hogimus Prime

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 02, 2014, 02:29:01 pm

I like Dykes (and straight girls too) but he used to irk me just a tad with some of his commentary such as "Arkansas will put a saddle on you and ride you up the sideline" and so on. Other than those slight annoyances, I really liked him. Mostly because he was a Razorback calling one of our games. If there was any criticism, it was easier to take coming from one of your own.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HF#1

ESPN and SEC Network will miss Jimmy Dykes.  Never been overly impressed with Barry Booker.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jbcarol

Dave Neal and Darrin Horn are doing the UK exhibition on the SEC Network.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HotlantaHog

Not a fan of Joe Dean Jr.

There were lots on here who liked to criticize Dykes, but he was far better than anyone on this list.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 03, 2014, 03:17:02 pm

There were lots on here who liked to criticize Dykes, but he was far better than anyone on this list.

Dykes did make the commentary more lively. I liked his analysis. Who is an ex-hog that would make a good commentator if given a shot? I like Blake Eddins but I don't think he is polished enough yet.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

chiefhawg

Scotty Thurman is getting his shot on the radio side.

WxHog

Wishful thinking...but it would be nice for Blake Eddins and the SEC Network to come up with small contract to call about 5 non-conference Razorback games on the SEC Network.  He would make a game against Delaware State or Utah Valley much more entertaining than anybody currently employed at the SEC Network...plus would know our team better than them.

chiefhawg

Quote from: WxHog on November 03, 2014, 08:14:41 pm
Wishful thinking...but it would be nice for Blake Eddins and the SEC Network to come up with small contract to call about 5 non-conference Razorback games on the SEC Network.  He would make a game against Delaware State or Utah Valley much more entertaining than anybody currently employed at the SEC Network...plus would know our team better than them.
Done!
Blake Eddins ‏@_BlakeEddins  1h1 hour ago
Looking forward to doing a few @RazorbackMBB games on SEC Network+ with @arperlman this season. Gonna be a fun year for Hawgball! #WPS
0 replies 8 retweets 18 favorites
Reply  Retweet8  Favorite18
More

WxHog

Quote from: chiefhawg on November 03, 2014, 09:30:43 pm
Done!
Blake Eddins ‏@_BlakeEddins  1h1 hour ago
Looking forward to doing a few @RazorbackMBB games on SEC Network+ with @arperlman this season. Gonna be a fun year for Hawgball! #WPS
0 replies 8 retweets 18 favorites
Reply  Retweet8  Favorite18
More

That was quick.  Awesome! 

jbcarol

Darrin Horn: "This is the year Arkansas gets over the hump..."

Breems

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 03, 2014, 03:17:02 pm

Whaaaaaat?!?

Anthlon Bell ... playin' a little ... STRIIIIIIING MUSIC here in Fayetteville.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

-Blu

Quote from: Breems on November 04, 2014, 11:32:30 am
Whaaaaaat?!?

Anthlon Bell ... playin' a little ... STRIIIIIIING MUSIC here in Fayetteville.

Yea, I don't know how anyone doesn't like Joe Dean Jr.  Very knowledgeable about college basketball and he has the "string music" catch phrase.  And he's always very energetic and you can tell he loves college b-ball.

jbcarol

Jon Sundvold and Tom Hart covered Kentucky's exhibition game against Georgetown.

Pavlov's Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on November 10, 2014, 07:38:30 pm

Jon Sundvold and Tom Hart covered Kentucky's exhibition game against Georgetown.

Sunvold is good. I remember when he was an analyst for the NCAA tourney on CBS. He always gave great game insight. I'm not a basketball savant, so i enjoyed it.

jbcarol

SEC Sports @SEC  ·  11 hours ago
Former @GamecockMBB star Alex English to serve as broadcast analyst for @SECNetwork + broadcasts. Feature: http://www.secsports.com/article/11859923/alex-english-added-color-analyst-sec-network ...

jbcarol

Jerry Tipton @JerryTipton  ·  7 hours ago
ESPN crew to work SEC Super Tuesday games this season: Brad Nessler, Sean Farnham, Shannon Spake.

Farnham will join Joe Tessitore on the Thursday SEC telecasts.

Kara Lawson will work with Mark Jones on ESPN's Saturday SEC games.

Bob Knight apparently not doing SEC games. ESPN: Mike Patrick, Len Elmore and Bob Knight doing American games on Thursdays & Saturdays.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  20 minutes ago

Interesting, former Arkansas, USF coach Stan Heath will work color commentary for ESPNU for Florida-Miami game Mon night (7 p.m. tip).

jbcarol

Mike Morgan and Will Perdue did the Arkansas - Wake Forest game in Fayetteville.

jbcarol

Quote from: bruisemeister on November 02, 2014, 03:14:32 am

Tony Delk on SEC Network seconds ago: "The Arkansas Razorbacks ... that team is going to be extremely good ..."

jbcarol

C-J Sports staff @sports_cj  ·  Nov 20

IU legend Knight off UK, SEC basketball games  @kyletucker_cj