Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 10, 2024, 10:06:39 pm

CBB's comments

Started by LRrazorback, October 20, 2014, 04:27:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRrazorback

Just heard CBB's comments comparing our second half to tx am and Kentucky.  Says we came out and did something in the second half while those teams didn't.  Not a big fan when you start comparing to other teams. Another HDN coaching comparison.  Compare yourself to the team you're playing.

sickboy

Quote from: LRrazorback on October 20, 2014, 04:27:49 pm
Just heard CBB's comments comparing our second half to tx am and Kentucky.  Says we came out and did something in the second half while those teams didn't.  Not a big fan when you start comparing to other teams. Another HDN coaching comparison.  Compare yourself to the team you're playing.

I think you're reaching a bit.

LRrazorback

Ha, really. Did you hear the comments?  What does it matter what those teams did?  Why even comment on a game he didn't see?  I don't get it help me understand. Bottom line-he's trying to make himself feel/look better. Reaching

lumphog

chuggs33

Quote from: LRrazorback on October 20, 2014, 04:36:03 pm
Ha, really. Did you hear the comments?  What does it matter what those teams did?  Why even comment on a game he didn't see?  I don't get it help me understand. Bottom line-he's trying to make himself feel/look better. Reaching

What he said was true.  While I understand where you are coming from, I don't really see anything wrong with his comments.

HF#1

When you fish for trolling material, it usually doesn't work out well.  It has to come naturally.  Don't force it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

LRrazorback

Not trolling. Why when someone brings up something negative it's a troll?

Just making another comparison to Nutt.  Anytime something went wrong with nutts teams he would always bring up a team who lost and how his team only struggled against a lesser team.  Have always thought coaches who talk about other teams like this, when theirs are struggling, are reaching and grasping

HF#1

Quote from: LRrazorback on October 20, 2014, 04:46:20 pm

Just making another comparison to Nutt.  Anytime something went wrong with nutts teams he would always bring up a team who lost and how his team only struggled against a lesser team.  Have always thought coaches who talk about other teams like this, when theirs are struggling, are reaching and grasping

Because you are reaching or grasping. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BallHog1

BorderPatrol

If it is not trolling, then what is it?

I mean, you are comparing CBB to HDN.

bp

Pig In The City

I would imagine every player and coach are trying to make himself feel better. Losing is brutal to the psyche of men.

GolfnHog

Have always thought coaches who talk about other teams like this, when theirs are struggling, are reaching and grasping

Hence, this why you aren't paid to think. But you have immense skill sets to get on message board.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

3of5-2

No excuses, no comparisons, no apologies, just win the football game. That's all anybody wants.

MuskogeeHogFan

The point he made wasn't to make the coaching staff or himself look better, it was to illustrate that the kids, when they very well could have done so, didn't lay down and quit and that they are a better football team than what they have shown. There is no comparison to be made in this to HDN. You are the one trying to draw that comparison and it is completely inaccurate. Bielema tries to compliment the kids on the team, and you think he is trying to make excuses. There is a big difference between the truth and opinion.
Go Hogs Go!

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Pulled(PP)pork

get back to me when he wishes for Vandy to be on our schedule

PP

sickboy

You're going to interpret it however you want. To me, it just sounds like a guy giving his kids credit for not giving up after a terrible first half. I think it's a stretch on your part to draw the conclusion that it was in defense of himself, as opposed to his players. Perhaps the two aren't mutually exclusive... but it's an even bigger stretch to compare Houston Nutt and Bret Bielema. The two men couldn't be further apart in both their mannerisms or their coaching.

Just because we have a good running system now... and so did Houston Nutt... doesn't mean Bret Bielema is like Houston Nutt. Similarly... just because I have blue eyes... and so did Hitler... doesn't mean he and I are anything alike.

farmhawg

He is trying to deflect....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

LZH

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 20, 2014, 05:52:58 pm

PP

I am like totally wishing for Vandy to be on our schedule!

Melorock089

secfan30

Kind of a stretch to complain about this.

jesterzzn

I'm not upset about what he said.  I don't really see it as Nutt like at all.

It is bush league though.

hogcard1964

I'm sorry but I don't believe he stooped to this level.

BOAR_N2BWILD

So I would hate to be some of you guys' kids. Geesh, if someone looks for a silver lining he is deflecting or making excuses. You guys need some serious canceling and if by any chance you have kids- heaven help them.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

rude1

We are down from full game moral victories to one half of moral victories.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jesterzzn on October 20, 2014, 07:11:35 pm
I'm not upset about what he said.  I don't really see it as Nutt like at all.

It is bush league though.

Bush League, complimenting the kids for not giving up? Come on, man.
Go Hogs Go!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 20, 2014, 05:51:43 pm
This is a great thread.

In before "Son of All Things CBB's Comments Merged" :D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 20, 2014, 05:47:23 pm
The point he made wasn't to make the coaching staff or himself look better, it was to illustrate that the kids, when they very well could have done so, didn't lay down and quit and that they are a better football team than what they have shown. There is no comparison to be made in this to HDN. You are the one trying to draw that comparison and it is completely inaccurate. Bielema tries to compliment the kids on the team, and you think he is trying to make excuses. There is a big difference between the truth and opinion.

This is exactly how I took his comments.  I suppose though some have an agenda based interpretation that might be different.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on October 20, 2014, 07:17:25 pm
We are down from full game moral victories to one half of moral victories.
Technically we have gone from 2.5 quarters to 3 quarters to 1 quarter.

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Choctaw Hog

Not a big fan of people who opine on something they know nothing about.  Bielema makes a great point whether you are capable of understanding it or not.  Competing is a hard concept for many to understand since they never experienced it at a high level.   

SemperFi

So what the crap is he supposed to say, "Sorry, but we suck"? He can then turn to his team and tell them that there is no hope for you, so you can all just lay down now. Bottom line is that your comments are out of line and you have no idea what true leadership is. I know a little something about this subject and when you're trying to inspire your team you find anything to get them to believe in. He knows that the mental state of these kids is very fragile right now and he's doing what good leaders do; find some inspiration and drive it home. WOO PIG SOOIE!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

(notOM)Rebel123

C'mon, man. Give your agenda a rest.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

chuggs33

Coach B could fail here...it is possible.  But I don't think he will.  I think he will have us in the hunt for an SEC championship almost every year.  When we are that good, I wonder what all the Coach B naysayers will be saying then?

I just don't understand why it is so difficult for the fans of a team to support the players and coaches.

rzrbackrob

I remember during Nutt's tenure that uneasy feeling every time the other team punted to the Hogs. That the punt returner would somehow fumble the ball, especially when the Hogs were in a position to win.

I have that same feeling when BB gives press conferences or uses twitter.
Good is the enemy of great

LRrazorback

You people are crazy. Try to make a point and it turns into craziness, I'm trolling, critiquing my writing, I've got an agenda, etc, you name it.

All I'm saying is he needs to compare his team to the standard he develops and coaches to, not to other teams who lose. He doesn't need to worry about other teams until the week he plays them. It's what successful coaches do.

clew

PP
and promptly loses to the Commodores the next time we play them. "What a maroon".
Pure as the dawn

JaketheSnake

And recruiting the night before a game is taking his mind off the task at hand.  No boom boom with wife during game week.  What else should we add to the list? 
Quote from: LRrazorback on October 20, 2014, 10:17:25 pm
You people are crazy. Try to make a point and it turns into craziness, I'm trolling, critiquing my writing, I've got an agenda, etc, you name it.

All I'm saying is he needs to compare his team to the standard he develops and coaches to, not to other teams who lose. He doesn't need to worry about other teams until the week he plays them. It's what successful coaches do.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: GolfnHog on October 20, 2014, 05:09:08 pm
Hence, this why you aren't paid to think. But you have immense skill sets to get on message board.
Which would you rather pay to think? The fisherman trolling or the fish that gets caught?

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Coach B is just trying to point out the positives. Your team could easily have given up the way the first half went, but they didn't. I was impressed that the Hogs fought back. 

PorcineSublime

So on the one hand we start threads saying "what will Bret do to prop up the kids and keep their head up", and then on the other hand when he does it, we castigate him for it?? What he said was not for him, you or me. It was to let those kids know that he believes in them still and that he will have their back in public and private. It may have been a reach to some of us, but it is all he has at this point. Next week he should have a victory to build on, but he had nothing this week but what he discussed.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hoghiker

I hate losing. We all want to win, surely, but the idea of changing coaches at this point seems stupid enough to exclude as a solution for 90% of us. We're taking our licks. I'm hopin' we get our turn. What else you gonna do?

austin.hogfan

He started by saying that when you win you look for things to fix to keep the kids level, but when you lose you look for positives to build on and keep their confidence.   He then said that the kids came back in the second half and he was proud of that as compared to what happened in the rest of the league.

I am ok with the comment.

jkstock04

PP
What's funny about this is when we did get Vandy on the schedule after he made this comment they beat us...at home. Jay Cutler as their qb of course. I can hear Nutt now..."Boy, I'll tell Paul...this is when you really wish you had a Vanderbilt on the schedule." Lol what a numb nutt (no pun intended) thing to say.

As far as Bielema...I didn't actually hear him say this. If he did not sure about it being Nutt like, but it is stretching somewhat. In my opinion Richt could have named the score had he wanted to. They really called off the dogs in 2nd half, especially on defense.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Bacons Rebellion

Of course you're trolling. You taking one completely truthful comment and making up your own rules for what someone should say, to further your agenda.

latrops

Bringing it up once, or even occasionally as encouragement is fine.  It isn't and doesn't become an issue until/unless it is still being pointed out a couple of years from now.  It is frustrating for all of us to keep coming up short.  We've gone from generally uncompetitive to generally competitive against really good competition.  Our team plays hard throughout.  Moral victories aren't enough long term, but that's all we have to build on for now.  We are just midway through his second year....the second year of a complete rebuild.  Not fair or even valid to compare CBB in his second year to HDN in his 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.

lahawg1

Was he answering a question that was directed for that type of answer?

Hoggish1

Quote from: sickboy on October 20, 2014, 06:01:13 pm
You're going to interpret it however you want. To me, it just sounds like a guy giving his kids credit for not giving up after a terrible first half.

Yep.

Man, the trolls are jumping in with both feet to make hay over a let down in one half of football.  I don't recall many 2nd halves like I saw Sat., in seasons past.

I respect the fact we didn't just mail it in for half No. 2, but came within 10 of them when all was said and done...

Hoggish1

Quote from: chuggs33 on October 20, 2014, 09:26:31 pm
Coach B could fail here...it is possible.  But I don't think he will.  I think he will have us in the hunt for an SEC championship almost every year.  When we are that good, I wonder what all the Coach B naysayers will be saying then?

That's easy.  They will be saying, "why didn't we beat Misstake by 30 instead of 20..."