Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is this "Tim" guy who went Phyllis from Mulga on Bo's show?

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, October 20, 2014, 02:53:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WarPig88

Quote from: hogsanity on October 21, 2014, 03:20:33 pm
They have issues with Bo because he won't let people come on and make stupid statements without backing them up.

He has the best guests, best analysis, and best production of any show in the state.

Wrong.

I have called in with stats to back up my assertions and they mute you before you can give them to give the appearance that you can't back up what you say.

That is true Chicken Plucking (substitute what you want for Plucking) where I come from.

But it is a show and much of it is staged. Much of what you hear is not real input or discussion. It's pretty much one sided due to on air production.

Danny J

Quote from: hogsanity on October 21, 2014, 03:20:33 pm
They have issues with Bo because he won't let people come on and make stupid statements without backing them up.

He has the best guests, best analysis, and best production of any show in the state.
And IMO it is not even close. I do like DTS as well and others. The only show I take issue with is a certain local show here where I live right before the noon hour where he spends too much time talking about his alma mater and the state he grew up in.

discombobulationist

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 21, 2014, 09:07:23 am
Bo and Wally Hall often are accused of supporting Nutt through the fiasco of 2006-07. This is not true. Both of them played a role in exposing some of the tactics Nutt employed to go after certain players, reporters and one of his own coaches.

I know because until then Nutt was telling everybody that I was the only person in the media saying what I was saying and that I clearly had an agenda against him. That argument went out the window once Bo and Wally started exposing him for doing the same things I had been speaking out about.

As far as Bo's show is concerned, he is an independent businessman. He owns his own show. If he can't get sponsors he goes under. So if he lets a few nut cases on the air to drive up ratings so be it. It's still the best produced statewide show in Arkansas.

I also think Wess Moore does a great job producing and hosting his show considering the fact that he also has a full time TV job. Frankly I don't know how he does it. It's hard to get up in the morning to produce and host a midday radio show when you don't get off your TV job until 10:30 the previous night.

Those few nutcases are the exact reason I don't listen to his show. It's too ridiculous. I feel like my IQ drops 50 points when one of his planted callers calls in. Tim, Tigerbait, and the other one from Stuttgart. I've pretty much given up on all local sports shows. I do like the Ugly Uncle show though.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: discombobulationist on October 21, 2014, 11:32:05 pm
Those few nutcases are the exact reason I don't listen to his show. It's too ridiculous. I feel like my IQ drops 50 points when one of his planted callers calls in. Tim, Tigerbait, and the other one from Stuttgart. I've pretty much given up on all local sports shows. I do like the Ugly Uncle show though.
The calls are not planted. If they call Bo puts them on the air.  He does it for the same reason Finebaum puts all those crazy Alabama and Auburn fans on the air. It drives up ratings and ratings determine how much revenue you derive from your product.

Wess takes Tigerbait's calls. If it were my show I would never let him on the air. It's not my show and if it were I'd probably go broke.  The sad truth is most people like to stare at train wrecks. So train wrecks is what we get.

DeltaBoy

I cut back on calling after the Hogville cafe went off the air and the district got the Ugly Uncle blocked.

So I just listen to the Morning Rush and ESPN online till Bo comes on.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Tim Harris on October 21, 2014, 09:41:42 am
It isn't me.  I like Bo's show until the callers start in.  Then I change the station or turn the radio off.

It's okay. Your secret is safe with me.  :)
Let's make some waves.

hogsanity

What gets me is some of the same guys are calling in and get on everyday. Gentle Ben has been getting on the air since I started listening to DTS and Chucks show that started back in the late 90's. Are there really so few callers that these same people get in day after day after day? Now apparently Gentle Bens son has started calling in to shows.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on October 20, 2014, 08:54:24 pm
IMHO Bo thinks he's the Colin Cowherd of Arkansas. He does have good guests but I can only take him in small doses.
As little as he is that is all you can get.  "Small Doses"

hog911

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 20, 2014, 02:58:28 pm
I just don't understand why people dislike Bo. He has an incredible sports talk show with guests from across the country.

Tim is just another blow-hard fan that thinks he could coach the Hogs to a 12-0 season every year.

Yeah, shame on him for having high standards! It's easier to accept failure than fight against it!

Hogpkins

Quote from: hog911 on October 22, 2014, 01:08:36 pm
Yeah, shame on him for having high standards! It's easier to accept failure than fight against it!

Hey, if you want to align yourself with Tim from Little Rock, go right ahead. You haven't demonstrated much credibility on here that I've seen so you have nothing to lose I suppose. Tim will keep your seat warm in the peanut gallery.

And if that wasn't sarcasm I detected, apologies.